The Weekend Brew: Oceans

Oceans

I’ve been pondering big dreams of late. I know that there is more for me to do. Sometimes my dreams appear so small next to a God who is so big, so vast.  And I wonder if I have the faith to walk it out, what He’s called me to do. What if I fail?  What if I drown? What if it all comes crashing down?  There is nothing more that I want than to bring Him glory with my life. I found myself asking this question of God this week, “Do You really desire to use little ‘ole me to make a difference?”

I don’t want to ever doubt Him.  I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that He’s already written my story.  I simply must trust that He will give me the strength and courage to walk it out.

God will call me out upon the water. There are no safety nets there, nothing for me to hold onto. Nothing but Him. And although it may appear that my feet may fail me, I must trust that He will not allow me to fall. His grace abounds in the deepest of waters. Staying on the shore or close to it involves no risk. But in order to fully trust, one must take risks. When all my strength is gone and it appears I may lose sight of what’s ahead, I can rest assured that His strength will uphold me.

So I will fix my eyes on Jesus. I will call upon His Name.  I am ready and willing to go whereever He may call me because I know that I am held in His loving embrace.

Take a moment to listen to this song. What is it God is calling you to do? Will you trust Him to give you the strength and courage to walk it out?

*Some content taken from Hillsong United – Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Photo credit.

Linked up with Shelly at Renewed Daily for Recommendation Saturday.

Renewed Daily - Recommendation Saturday

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. I love Hillsong United!!!!! Finally got to see them live here in Miami in 2012 and suggest that everyone RUN to iTunes to download the album “Live in Miami.” (Do you sense my enthusiasm?) 🙂

I love the premise of your post this weekend, Barbie. Faith requires us to “take the plunge” so to speak. Have you read John Ortberg’s book, “If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat”? Great book.

• Barbie says:

I love them too. Would love to experience them live one day. I have not read John Ortberg’s book. I will have to check it out! Thanks for stopping by Lyli!

2. Barbie,
    Just popping over to say Hi and visit your blog! Love, love, love this song!! Thanks for the encouragement that I have found here this morning 🙂
    Blessings,
    Bev
    Bev Duncan @ Walking Well With God recently posted..Why I Write: One Year Anniversary

3. Joanne Viola says:

I loved the song! I have to tell you, I have heard this song before, even having sung it in church. It never hit me like it did just now. Being a woman who has a deep fear of water and cannot swim, it hit me deeply that I have no choice but to keep my eyes on Him. The only choice I have is to walk by faith or sink. And my word for 2014 is “Faith”. Know that the song & video spoke deeply to my heart this morning. Thank you, Barbie!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..I Want To See

4. Beth says:

“His strength will uphold me.” Such a beautiful promise and it’s so very true. I could not get through each day without Him. Coming here is such a beautiful way to begin the morning.
    Love you,
    Beth
    Beth recently posted..Friday Randomness

5. Everything God calls us to do makes us step out of our comfort zone. Right now I am going to start attending a Bible study of a tight knit group of women. They have been together for years and all of a sudden I have been asked to join. I feel like an intruder, but God must have a plan in it all. I have to admit I am thrilled to join a Bible study!

I need to step out of the boat in SO many areas.

Have a blessed weekend!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Rejoices Over You

6. Yes! Oceans vast, unending, mighty and strong. Like His love.

And this song, Barbie? Balm to my weary, grieving soul. I praise Him for prompting you to share this with us today.
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..In Memory of Lillian Margaret Stoll

7. kaseyparr99 says:

Barbie, I believe when the plans God has for us are bigger than we are able, He gives us the blessing of knowing He is the one who made us able. I think it’s His way of showing us His glory. Blessings, Kasey

8. Barbie, thank you for much needed encouragement and a reminder that all my courage comes from HIM, not from within myself. Time to stop procrastinating and walk it out.

Love that you linked up with Recommendation Saturday.

Heart Hugs, Shelly <3
    Shelly Hendricks (@Renewed_Daily) recently posted..Recommendation Saturday: Joy Inexpressible

9. Lea says:

Oh, Barbie, HE has already used you to make a difference. Blessings abundant for this new year as you “go forth.”
    Lea recently posted..Lea’s Daybook – Friday, January 10th

10. As you know, Barbie, I’m totally walking on water right now. But, as much as that is true, I haven’t given much thought to my calling, nor even know what it is, these days. It seems that my whole life is on hold until my husband gets ‘situated.’
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Easy to Make Snow Ice Cream ~ Here’s How

11. Let me walk upon the waters wherever you may call…that’s a scary song to sing or prayer to pray. Except that’s what I want to do too. May we all have the courage to walk on the waters with Him!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..A spacious place

12. Marty says:

The beach is my happy place. I feel like it reveals so much of Him…beautiful image!
    Marty recently posted..In Your Hand

13. I can’t really see a dream He’s put in my right now. I’ve given all that to Him and am just walking one step at a time. It feels like limbo – but it’s not. When I read your post, since I couldn’t see ahead – I looked behind – and realized that for 27 years I’ve been living a God-sized dream of raising 5 sons and being married to an awesome man for 30 years. My right now doesn’t seem very “seize the dream” and think plan a work toward it – but I have to trust Him that right now isn’t nothing.
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Tea for Two

14. This is the second time this week that someone has referenced this song. I hadn’t heard it before. It’s very beautiful!

There is so much more that God is calling me to in 2014. I can only cry out to Him. I know He has me in His hand. <3
    Elizabeth@BeautyObserved recently posted..How Fun! Vol. 7

15. Joan says:

As I’ve been focusing on courage from God in these first few days of 2014, I realize that placing my trust in Him is key. The more I trust Him, the more my faith grows and the more my fear fades. I have some big dreams, too…But no dream is too big or too small for our God!

Happy Saturday, Barbie!

In Christ, Joan
    Joan recently posted..Mighty Phone Warrior

16. June says:

That’s the key, Barbie, keeping our eyes focused upward, on Jesus. We’re less likely to see the doubt, the scary things that taunt us when our eyes are on Him.
    June recently posted..Inspired by. . . incense

17. I am loving this song right now and you picked my favorite lines for this post…”trust without borders” gets me every time. Thanks for sharing your words and the ministry of this song. So inspiring.

18. Praise God that with Him, all things are possible! Thanks for the great post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Transitions: Triplets of Change from Death to Life

19. Kym says:

I love this song, and it hold special meaning for me and for my church family right now. Very timely post – thank you.
    Kym recently posted..Scripture and a Snapshot – January 12, 2014

20. Janet says:

This song is one of my favorites. And I love your willingness to step out in trust God wherever He leads.

Right now the only thing I know God is calling me to do is surrender. He has made it very clear that this is something we’re going to be working on in my life. He keeps bringing it to my attention and showing me new things that I need to surrender to Him.

As always, I appreciate your encouragement, Barbie.

• Barbie says:

Surrender, yes I hear Him calling me to do the same. Thank you for stopping by Janet and for linking up to The Weekend Brew!

21. Karin Madden says:

Oh, I love the song Oceans! I am so grateful God has brought me to meet you Barbie. Have a great week!
    Karin Madden recently posted..When We Don’t Know Much About The Proof Of Love