30 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: A Love That Never Fails {Inspired Blogger Guest Post}

Today, I am excited to have my April Inspired Blogger, Carrie of Let Hearts Bloom, hosting the Weekend Brew.  Please leave some comment love for Carrie, and head on over to her blog to have a look around.

IMG_5696_special-edit

I stood there, in the shrinking by the minute space, and simply stared. Paralyzed. Embarrassed. Frustrated.

To my left stacks of books, purses and shoes. In front of me laundry baskets crammed full with dirty clothes. To my right a cluster of empty unzipped suitcases. Behind them more clothes.

Where do I begin? Can I even make a dent? There’s so much stuff!

Clutter is my toughest enemy lately. It steals my hours and robs my sense of peace. As a mother who teaches four children at home, and a gal who stockpiles curriculum, papers and magazines, I quickly succumb to distress and disappointment. Clever organization isn’t my forte.

Yet I lack motivation to change. I feel overwhelmed, throw my hands into the air and surrender to it before I start! I give up. Oh the countless times I’ve stomped off because the task was hard! I chose the easy road.

What if God decided to react the same way towards me? What if He looked at my behavior, rightly judged it to be disobedient and, like me, He gave up?

Fortunately the heart knows the awesome truth. God will not forsake or abandon. Why not turn to the Father and prayerfully ask for the strength and perseverance I need? No job is too difficult (or in my case too common) for the King of kings. Household chores big and small do matter! He doesn’t want me to be frazzled; He wants me to be free to worship Him.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13)

I notice the older I get, the more I approach God for the basic day to day details. I stop trying to rely single-handedly on my own merits. I believe the Lord cares and wants to hear me call whether it be a major lifestyle choice or an ordinary routine event.

His Love doesn’t give up. His power doesn’t fail. He tells me to resist earthly treasures and to focus my mind and spirit on Him. As His child, I can tap into the holy energy source and tackle all the messes I’ve created. One cluttered corner at a time.

IMG_5247_1_crosscrop_smallCarrie blogs at Let Hearts Bloom, where she shares some of her passions: loving the Word of God, encouraging others, writing, educating her children and capturing everyday shots.  You can also find her on Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Denise
    April 25, 2014 at 4:05 am

Nice guest post.

Karin Madden
    April 25, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Oh can I relate, Carrie! We should be neighbors… I love this post. And, the scripture? My favorite one. It got me through the delivery of baby #6 (i.e. no drugs and almost in the car). Here’s to decreasing our clutter and making more room for Him!
    Karin Madden recently posted..Why You Are Just A Mom

susan@avintagefarmwife
    April 25, 2014 at 5:59 pm

It is so hard to keep up with everything. At one time, I faithfully followed Flylady emails, but somewhere along the way I fell of the wagon. I need to get back on that horse and ride again! Thanks for the encouragement.

Carrie
      April 25, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Sadly I’ve never had a handle on organizing my home well. For the beginning of our marriage, we moved about every two years – and that is a super way to keep stuff to a minimum! Just started following the Fly Lady on Facebook and I am eager to learn her secrets 🙂
      Carrie recently posted..For God So Loved The World

Sharon
    April 25, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Carrie, you’re kinda preaching to the choir here – I am a huge packrat and clutterhound. My messes overwhelm me all the time!

Fortunately, as you so wisely pointed out, the Lord is not daunted by the *messes* we sometimes have in our lives (literal and figurative!) He dearly loves the mess-makers, and He is the King of order and peace.

And yes, as I get older, I turn more and more to Him!

GOD BLESS!
    Sharon recently posted..MY BIRTHDAY CAKE IS GONNA EXPLODE

Carrie
      April 26, 2014 at 6:30 am

Sharon, oh yes I’ve made many messes in life unrelated to stuff and clutter, and I am awed each time The Lord accepts all of me! Blessings!
      Carrie recently posted..For God So Loved The World

Joanne Viola
    April 26, 2014 at 3:41 am

Wonderful post which I think will resonate to some degree with us all. I think the more we accumulate in life, the more clutter. All around us, we are bombarded with messages of what we must have. May we each fight back & give away those things we no longer truly need or use. That is my goal for this summer. Have a great weekend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Of Love, Food & Celebrating

Carrie
      April 26, 2014 at 6:34 am

That is my goal for the year too! It is so true – everywhere the message blares we must obtain x,y or z to be happy. And for many years I fell for it. But lately I’ve come to realize how very little I need, or want. Here’s to both of us reaching our decluttering goals!
      Carrie recently posted..For God So Loved The World

Beth
    April 26, 2014 at 4:14 am

This is such a needed message for me, Carrie. I sit here and look over at the piles of laundry that never get put away and the stacks and stacks of paper I don’t want to deal with. It’s a lack of motivation. It can simply wait. But the truth is, those things need to be tended to. I don’t always think to go to God first for motivation to tackle the daily mundane things but this reminds me He cares about all the details of our lives. Thank you for your encouragement. Blessings.
    Happy Saturday to both you and Barbie!
    Beth recently posted..A different kind of randomness

Carrie
      April 26, 2014 at 6:41 am

Beth, only recently have I reached out to the Lord for smaller, ‘ordinary’ things. And each time I do, He is there and the spirit helps me! Clutter can feel so defeating and I truly believes it affects many areas of my life. Nothing is too small when it involves His children! Many blessings to you!
      Carrie recently posted..For God So Loved The World

Donna Reidland
    April 26, 2014 at 5:55 am

This line jumped out at me, “He wants me to be free to worship Him.” As a fellow struggler with clutter (and married to another one), clutter often overwhelms me, too! It brought to mind the Israelites as God prepared to deliver them from their Egyptian bondage. He was freeing them so they could worship Him, not just so they could be free to live any way they wanted. What a good reminder that He wants to help me with my clutter for the same reason. I’ll be meditating on that as I tackle some of my piles of books and papers today.
    In Him, Donna

Carrie
      April 26, 2014 at 6:46 am

Donna, what an insightful analogy! I love it! I shall keep this thought in mind whenever I want to quit or not face the organizing. Clutter definitely feels like bondage! Have a blessed weekend!
      Carrie recently posted..For God So Loved The World

Wanda
    April 26, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Hi Carrie, this really speaks to me. It seems like I just can’t get handle on the clutter these days. I’m so grateful that God doesn’t take the same approach as I do.
    Wanda recently posted..Welcoming the Weekend

Jen
    April 26, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Loved your post, Carrie! I remember when our twins were first born, I learned to pray to the Lord for just the physical strength I needed each day. Now that they are five, I’ve kind of gotten out of the habit of leaning on Him like I did when they were just babies. So, this is an excellent reminder for me.
    Jen 🙂
    Jen recently posted..Fighting Fear With Pre-approval

Carrie
      April 27, 2014 at 11:30 am

Oh yes, I remember those baby days especially with my youngest child. He didn’t sleep well for the first year – my first year too of homeschooling three others! – and I could not have made it through without the Lord’s help. Now my son still doesn’t sleep well so often those prayers for strength are repeated! Blessings to you this Sunday!
      Carrie recently posted..Witness To Yielding

Holly Barrett
    April 27, 2014 at 5:08 am

Had never thought of the idea that we need to be free of clutter so that we can worship Him – free from the time-consuming labor of dealing with the clutter, free from worry about anyone seeing the clutter, free from the stress of thinking about the clutter, free of the financial burden sometimes caused by the clutter. What a blessing to see the lack of clutter as freed up time, resources, and emotions that can serve Him better! Thanks for a great post!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Hopes of the helpless

Carrie
      April 27, 2014 at 11:33 am

Yes! The clutter and messes pull the energy out of me. And every time the doorbell rings, i cringe – I don’t want to be embarrassed by all the stuff someone might see! But I think God is calling me to be more hospitable to others and so, time to be rid of the excess. Time to put that energy to much better use! Thanks for your wonderful comment, Holly! Blessings to you!
      Carrie recently posted..Witness To Yielding

Lisha Epperson
    April 27, 2014 at 5:25 am

Hi Carrie! Goodness knows I feel you on this one. The piles and books and clothes have clearly planned a takeover in our home. Like you I have 4 that I school at home. Our daily, hourly presence makes it hard to stay orderly and that same presence and activity make it hard to actually clean. What a catch 22. Your post encourages me to seek Him even as I plan the organization of my home. I’ll tap into the source for solutions with you. happy Sunday!
    Lisha Epperson recently posted..The Secret Place

Carrie
      April 27, 2014 at 11:36 am

It really helps me to hear another mother who struggles with the upkeep. It is a daily battle especially when the kids are here and we are usually doing something (involving paper always it seems!) throughout the whole day. I’m praying for some type of answer, or system, to bring me some peace. I realize I’ll never have a storybook, magazine-cover house yet I crave more order. Thank you for sharing with me!
      Carrie recently posted..Witness To Yielding

Cynthia
    April 27, 2014 at 9:18 am

Carrie, I enjoyed this post, as it spoke to our perspective. We all have messes that we need to clean-up. This last sentence from your post says it all:

“As His child, I can tap into the holy energy source and tackle all the messes I’ve created. One cluttered corner at a time.”

Thank you, for an inspiring post.
    Cynthia recently posted..Scars and Blessings~

Heather
    April 27, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Tapping in. That’s what’s it all about, isn’t it?! Choosing to tap in and focus on God. He nudges, and we turn. If only we could never need the nudge. I’m so thankful He is relentless to nudge with love. 🙂
    Heather recently posted..You and Me, Us Together ~ Koinonia

Carrie
      April 27, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I second that! If only I never needed the reminder (sigh). There are certainly a lot of worldly areas where He can nudge me! Fortunately I learn a bit each time He does so 🙂
      Carrie recently posted..Witness To Yielding

Laurie Collett
    April 27, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Thanks for the lovely post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Hosanna – Save Now!

Heather
    April 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Hi Carrie!
    Nice to meet you!
    I totally get the clutter thing, that’s one of those wildly overwhelming places too. And oh I’m so glad God doesn’t sit on His throne in defeat like I sit on the couch!

I loved “I notice the older I get, the more I approach God for the basic day to day details. I stop trying to rely single-handedly on my own merits.” This is SO what God is teaching me right now!

And I homeschool my kiddos, too!
    Heather recently posted..He Loves Us

Carrie
      April 29, 2014 at 7:21 am

Nice to meet you too, Heather! That is a new revelation for me – I used to be awfully proud and liked to set my own course with little thought to God. After many mistakes, I am finally (!) learning life is meaningless if separate from Him. Now I pray my kids don’t make the same blunders I did! Thanks for visiting me here, at Barbie’s place!
      Carrie recently posted..Witness To Yielding