The Weekend Brew: Shepherd

Friend, I am not sure what you are facing today.  I’ve had a week of frustration, with myself, my circumstances and I have had to fight to keep looking through the eyes of faith.  I want to remind you that He is able.  He is with you and will never leave you.  The Good Shepherd, you can trust Him with your heart.

In the process, in the waiting
You’re making melodies over me.
And Your presence is the promise
for I am a pilgrim on a journey. –
Shepherd, Amanda Cook (Bethel Music)

I hope you will click over and listen to the entire song.  Just this first verse alone leaves me in tears at the thought that even though it’s hard at times, the Lord is truly working in my life.  And He’s working in your life too!  Let’s keep our eyes fixed on Him, shall we?  He is our Shepherd, our Good and Faithful Shepherd, and He promises to lead us well.

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. Beth says:

I think I shall rest here and listen to that song over and over again. <3 Wishing you a blessed Friday and weekend, Barbie. Love you.
    Beth recently posted..What I Learned About Grace in May

• Barbie says:

This entire album is messing me up, in a good way. So good. Have a lovely weekend my friend.

• Jedidja says:

Sometimes we have, yes. Sometimes we have a week full of frustration and failure. But God says: “My grace is sufficient for you.” Enough grace for each new day. He makes all things new, on His time. Let us follow the Shepherd.

2. Denise says:

Lifting you up high in my prayers, love you.

3. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. When God gives a song, I can listen to it ALL DAY LONG! Prayers and hugs to you today, friend.
    Nannette and the Sweetheart recently posted..Laying down the Law, picking up Grace…

4. June says:

Praying for you, Barbie. BTW – you new look is really coming together <3!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . a safe nest

• Barbie says:

Thank you June. It’s been a challenge at times, and I am still deciding on this theme or one I would like to play with on Thesis. Enjoy your weekend.

5. Madelain says:

Bethel is such a beautiful band and this song is perfect for what I have been going through for sometime now too! He makes us Brave in what he’s called us to do and where he’s called us to walk!! Blessings xo
    Madelain recently posted..She Believed

6. Marie says:

Loved your site and your openness! Followed on Twitter so I can keep up with you! Blessings to you and yours!

Marie
    Marie recently posted..30 Days To A More Beautiful You Book Review

7. Carrie says:

Standing with you, friend! I love the image of Christ as our Shepherd, always watchful and protective. May we never feel alone in our day to day struggles. Hugs!
    Carrie recently posted..A Time For Singing

8. ~Karrilee~ says:

I am loving that song – but then again… I know you are not surprised! Turning up the speakers and sitting back to drink it in again! Love you, friend!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Nothing Prepares You… Five Minute Friday

9. Mary Geisen says:

“Oh how I love you, you have not forsaken me!” I could listen to those words from the song over and over. This is the perfect song for encouragement. Great choice, Barbie! I pray your weekend is full of reminders of God’s love and it washes over you and brings you peace. Blessings!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Nothing

10. Wanda says:

That’s a beautiful song Barbie. Thanks for sharing. May you be strengthen and refreshed. Many blessings.
    Wanda recently posted..When It’s Not the Ending You Expect

11. child of God says:

Oh hon, I so dislike bad weeks. Here is to a relaxing, God filled weekend. (((Hugs)))
    Listening to this video being reminded that He is able.
    child of God recently posted..Rejoice

12. Elizabeth says:

Thank you for sharing this song, Barbie. I’d never heard this one before!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Nehemiah 13…

13. LOVE the new blog layout! Really, really love it. And seeing things through eyes of faith? Totally with you! 🙂 Blessings on your weekend Barbie.
    Jolene Underwood (@Faith_Eyes) recently posted..When yes flips things upside down {On saying yes – Part 4}

• Barbie says:

Thank you Jolene! It may be changing one more time. Trying to decide between this and a Thesis theme I really love. We shall see. Enjoy your weekend.

14. Anders says:

Is Christ able??! I did not like this.

• Barbie says:

I am sorry Anders, but I choose to believe that Christ IS able, not matter the circumstances. Blessings!

15. Mindy says:

Lovely encouragement…

16. Cathy says:

Ooooh God did awesome in giving you this song. Very encouraging. Praying you have a weekend of many more blessings like this. 🙂
    Cathy recently posted..Nothing Can Stop It!

17. Jennifer says:

That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing the song.
    Jennifer recently posted..Ice Cream in a Bag

18. Barbie….”Let’s keep our eyes fixed on Him, shall we?” I think in times of difficulty we can do nothing but look up. Thank you friend for the reminder that what we live through on this earth is not in vain. He is working out His perfect will. And thank you for the link up. Have a blessed weekend.
    Naomi@WhatJoyIsMine recently posted..Jonah Study: Running From God Is Impossible

19. Debby Ray says:

Hi Barbie…you are right…that song is so beautiful and comforting. I’ve had a couple of rough weeks myself and I have needed my faith strengthened. Thank you for sharing this! Have a blessed Sunday and a great week ahead!

• Barbie says:

Thankful you were blessed Debby. I just tried to click on your name to go to your blog, and the link is not working. Have a lovely weekend.

20. I’m so sorry you have had a difficult week, friend. I pray you get some rest and enjoy this Lord’s Day.
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Just takers? Or givers too?

21. Thank you for this post, Barbie. I have felt under spiritual attack, lately, and lacking strength to resist temptations. I have been reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and it is giving me insight into all the ways the enemy of our souls uses to try to pull us away from God. I am just trying to stay focused and not look to the right or to the left. This post is needed encouragement.

22. Heather says:

I hope your week is better this week. 🙂
    Mine is getting better. Trusting in Him always.
    {{RealHugs}}
    Heather recently posted..Social Media: Let’s Get Real

23. Ashley says:

I am in tears. My heart ached to hear this. God bless you, sweet friend. Love you
    Ashley recently posted..House of a Thousand Dreams