22 In Book study/ Faith

Come Up Here! (An Invitation)

I want to thank you again for being here through my silent season.  I’m not sure of much right now, but one thing I am sure of: God is drawing me closer. As I’ve been seeking the Lord for what is next for the blog, I believe He wants me to continue to share my journey with you.  Sometimes when God is silent it helps me to read, because I can identify so much with the words on a page laced with His truth.  I’ve been praying and asking God which of the too-many-books-on-my-shelf I should be reading next. The answer came, about a week ago, but it wasn’t a book on my shelf.  It was a book I had tucked away in a drawer. I read it before, when I was a new Christian, and I don’t think I was prepared for the onslaught of emotions I would feel as God revealed His heart and love for me in a depth I had never known before.  I remember weeping through most of the book, but not sure how much I had processed at the time.

I purchased the devotional of this same book about two years ago thinking I would read it and blog about my journey.  However,  God had other plans and after reading just a chapter or two, I put the book down.  I wasn’t ready.  About a week ago God brought this book to my memory and gave me the desire to read it again, this time inviting all of you into the journey.  At first, I argued with God.  I’m supposed to be on a blogging break.  I’ve been careful not to overcommit, just in case I couldn’t follow through.  But I believe that God has a deeper work to do in my heart, and this book, together with His Word, will be used to bring me up higher, a place I’ve been reluctant to go, perhaps due to fear.

mountains meadow

Beginning Monday, July 14th and continuing through Monday, December 8th, I will be reading, processing and blogging my way through Hinds Feet on High Places, using the devotional for women by Darien Cooper.  The book does allow for quotations or page copying to be used for the purpose of small group study, but just in case, I’ve contacted the author for permission.

How you can join.

We are all busy, and I certainly don’t want to add one more thing to your plate.  But, I want you to be able to follow along and share your own journey as God takes you through the valley to the high places.  Here are a few ways you can join in:

1. Purchase the book.  It is available on Amazon in both soft copy and for Kindle.  While a soft copy is nice to keep thoughts recorded in, you can purchase a notebook for this purpose and read electronically.
  2. Follow My Freshly Brewed Life on Facebook.  I will be posting quotes and thoughts from my reading throughout the week.  I would love to have you there so that we can engage together.  At this time, I do not plan to create a separate group page.  But, if there is enough interest, and I can find a co-mananger to assist me with posting, I might consider it.
  3. Interact through blog comments.  Consider subscribing to receive The Daily Brew (whenever I post) in your email box.  Or, simply add me to your reader and visit here each Monday and leave your thoughts in the comments.
  4. Post on your own blog.  If you are a blogger and would like to also write your thoughts down on your own blog, feel free. I’ll send you the graphic you can use in your post, or you can grab it from the blog. *I’m not considering a link up at this time. Too much to tackle. 🙂

I want to make this as simple as possible.  And, if you decide you’d just like to come read and be blessed, that is wonderful.

I am not sure how deep the Lord will take me once I begin.  I reserve the right to extend the posting schedule to every two weeks if it becomes overwhelming 🙂

I hope you will join me on this journey, in whatever way the Lord will release you too.

Look for an introductory post from me on Monday, July 7th. The first post in the study will be on Monday, July 14th.

Blessings!

Created Well
    June 29, 2014 at 5:24 am

I love your authenticity in your posts. It’s very encouraging. What a great adventure you’re going on! Prayerful I can participate with you, but I will at least keep up with your posts if nothing else! Looking forward to it!!

June 30, 2014 at 8:01 am

Thank you so much Created Well. Let me know if you decide to join in!

Michelle
    June 29, 2014 at 6:07 am

I had a chance to read a friends copy years ago.
    I did not read it at the time, I don’t own a copy.
    I would like to read your thoughts.

I too have too many books.
    I’m excited to say the Lord has provided me generously with Christian books.
    Michelle recently posted..Review: Life Without Limits (Nick Vujicic)

June 30, 2014 at 8:02 am

Michelle, I look forward to having you along for the journey, interacting through comments. Have a blessed week!

Nannette and the Sweetheart
    June 29, 2014 at 8:18 am

How exciting, Barbie! I will pray about joining you on this venture!
    Nannette and the Sweetheart recently posted..Scandinavian Adventure!

June 30, 2014 at 8:02 am

Would love to have you Nannette!

Carrie
    June 29, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I adore this book. I read it aloud to my three girls. I remember a lot of goosebump, hair-raising moments. I’ll certainly follow along here and on Facebook though I’ll be delving into another Bible in 90 Days challenge in the fall and my reading time will be booked for now 🙂 Blessings as you begin this exciting journey!
    Carrie recently posted..Stop, Drop and Be Still

June 30, 2014 at 8:03 am

Carrie, you presence here in the comments is always encouraging. I admire anyone who can read the Bible in 90 days!

June
    June 29, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Looking forward to journeying with you on this one, Barbie! Monday is the craziest day of the week for me, so you may not hear from me until the next day, but I’m all in!! And, dear one, know this, if your commitment to this journey needs to be reevaluated somewhere along the way, it’s all grace. No condemnation, or expectations here. You’re in my prayers.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . Lavender

June 30, 2014 at 8:04 am

You are so encouraging! Would love to have you join in. I just may create a link up, depends of if there are others who will be posting. Hugs!

Denise
    June 30, 2014 at 2:21 am

Wonderful Barbie; I am up (I hope!) for the challenge. I just purchased the book and will have it in plenty of time. Thank you sweet sister for allowing God to guide you in this study and taking the time to bless and encourage! ♥
    Denise recently posted..Strength in Weakness

June 30, 2014 at 8:04 am

Denise, I am looking forward to having you along on this journey!

Amy Jung
    June 30, 2014 at 6:13 am

I’ve always wanted to read this book–I bought the Kindle book just now and am hoping to go on this adventure along with you!
    Amy Jung recently posted..When You Think You’ve Been Foolish…

June 30, 2014 at 8:05 am

Amy, that’s wonderful! Looking forward to taking this journey with you.

Dawn Paoletta (@breathoffaith)
    June 30, 2014 at 7:10 am

I just might join you! I love that book, and read it too my girl when she was oh, so small. And the too many books? Yes, guilty here as well. Hugs, my friend!
    Dawn Paoletta (@breathoffaith) recently posted..Summer Devotional Giveaway (RJD Celebration Week!)

June 30, 2014 at 8:06 am

Oh Dawn, I’ve missed you (no fault of your own). I would LOVE to have you along for this journey.

~Karrilee~
    June 30, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I love that you are doing this Barbie! I read that book actually not too long ago – maybe a couple of years… and you know me and All. the. Books. – but I will at least follow along here! If I ‘happen’ to ‘find’ the book in one of my stacks, I just may pick it up and dive in with you!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..That Thing I Do Now – Vol 50

June 30, 2014 at 8:23 pm

That would be fun!

Rosann
    July 1, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I just bought the kindle version!! Looking forward to joining you and reading your thoughts. 🙂
    Rosann recently posted..Ever Wonder if You’re Going Through a Midlife Crisis?

July 2, 2014 at 9:22 am

Oh yay! So excited. Love you friend!

Michelle Stam (@considergrace)
    July 5, 2014 at 9:47 am

I am so excited! That is one of my all time favourite books! I am so looking forward to this study. Thanks so much for offering it!

July 5, 2014 at 10:30 am

Yay Michelle! So grateful to have you along for the ride. Look for my intro post on Sunday late afternoon, early evening!