Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Consider His Ways

Psalm 11915-16.2

My daughter snapped this picture of my son today as he was gazing out over the Marin Headlands.  We took a little road trip today.  It was foggy but beautiful!

I couldn’t help but think of this scripture, which our team meditates on often during our Worship With The Word sets in the prayer room.

The psalmist says he will meditate on His precepts and consider His ways.

To Consider:  to think about, to regard to look attentively at.

I am working to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus in this season of slow.  I am learning so much about myself, and realizing there is so much healing that is and needs to be taking place in my heart.

I want to thank you for continuing to stop by and visit my guests on Wednesdays and over the weekend for The Weekend Brew.  I hope that the Lord will allow me to begin writing from the deeper places of my heart again soon.  But for now, as the words are still so hard to find, I will stop and think about the ways of the Lord — His wisdom, His truth, His mercy, His forgiveness.  There is so much to learn as I mediate on His ways and allow Him to wash me with the water of His Word.

What are you learning, or what has been revealed to you as you consider His ways? I would love for you to share with me in the comments.  And if you have an encouraging post to share, please link up for The Weekend Brew.

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

48 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: Consider His Ways”

1. Mary Geisen says:

Barbie-I am praying that God’s words-His truths not only wash over you but soak into you as follow this journey that God has chosen for you at this time. I love that we should not neglect His Word – it is His story and His love notes to us all condensed in prose, poetry and real life scenarios. Blessings and hugs!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Hands

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Mary. Praying you have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

2. Beth says:

Good morning, Barbie! I love this picture and I so loved the one your shared with your family on FB. Just beautiful. It made my heart smile. I know this is a difficult season for you and that you are praying for Him to give you the words to write again but I continue to find the expressions of your heart that you leave us with to be so beautiful and want you to know God is still using you in more ways than you know. Love you, sweet friend.
    Beth recently posted..Friday Randomness (Vol. 25)

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Beth! You are a constant encouragement to my heart. I so appreciate you and value our friendship.

3. Denise says:

Saying prayers for you.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Denise! Have a blessed weekend.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Wanda!

1. Barbie says:

Have a beautiful weekend Andrea!

4. Lorretta says:

That’s a wonderful picture Barbie and I’ glad to be here with you. Quiet is beautiful.
    Lorretta recently posted..thou shalt

1. Barbie says:

Glad to have you here with me too, Lorretta!

1. Barbie says:

It was a fun day Diane! Have a lovely weekend.

5. June says:

Seasons of waiting are hard, but the Lord has great purpose in them. I’m always inspired when I visit YOU, Barbie, thank you for always sharing the truth from your heart. Have a blessed weekend!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . reconciliation

1. Barbie says:

Thank you June! I love and appreciate you!

6. Pamela says:

I’m thinking this will be a picture to treasure. I love starting my day with a praise verse and then thinking about it al day long, praising God as I do. It seems to take the “bite” out of daily frustrations.
    Praying for you,
    Pamela
    Pamela recently posted..Creativity Abounds!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Pamela. I enjoyed your post on creativity!

7. Elizabeth says:

I think you will be amazed at what comes out of you, what God does through you, as a result of this season you are going through. I sure appreciate you!
    Elizabeth recently posted..The joy of the Lord…

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Elizabeth! I appreciate your faithful encouragement.

8. Denise says:

Happy weekend Barbie! What a beautiful picture; would love to have a place nearby to escape and reflect just like that one! 🙂 Praying that you find peace, comfort , and joy this beautiful June weekend. As always, thanks for hosting! 🙂

Love you dear sister,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Time For Fun!

1. Barbie says:

Have a blessed weekend Denise!

9. Joanne Viola says:

Praying for you, Barbie. This morning I am reflecting on this truth & reminding myself … “Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.” (Micah 7:8). Have a wonderful weekend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Truth, Love, & The Cost

1. Barbie says:

Joanne, thank you for sharing that verse. Just what I needed this morning!

10. Adoption Mama says:

Barbie, I am floundering lately under the burden of raising children. I look to my Lord daily, but the journey of this life is so difficult daily as well. Thank you for your post on taking time to consider. Our God is big and able to do way beyond what I think. So often getting my eyes off of my circumstances and onto His Word and majesty is the key.
    Adoption Mama recently posted..All I Need is Your Love

1. Barbie says:

He is faithful my friend. A hard journey, yes, but knowing He walks with us makes it all the more worthwhile. Hugs!

11. Heather says:

What a wonderful picture and a lovely day you had. 🙂 Aren’t those times priceless?!
    That’s one revealing that I have been blessed with the past few years… to look for and cherish those quiet family moments.
    Heather recently posted..Love Worth Fighting For

1. Barbie says:

We had a great time. We don’t get out often together so this was indeed a treasured moment.

12. Sherrey Meyer says:

Barbie, enjoyed your photo and post this morning. And I wanted to let you know you are not alone in this time of word drought. My thoughts and words seem to dry up with each new family crisis and then there is a time of waiting for what I don’t know, but God knows. In His gracious timing we will both again be filled with the words He wants us to spread, and our blogs will be filled with His love once again. I’m praying for you, Sister.
    Sherrey Meyer recently posted..Saturday Snippets | Quote from Oswald Chambers

1. Barbie says:

Sherrey, so comforting to know I’m not alone in this season. Praying for you as well my sister!

13. Dolly@Soulstops says:

Barbie,
    I’m so proud of you…praying God continues to bless you as you slow down to listen to Him….lately, God has been showing me I still have a long way to go toward seeing myself as He sees me….thankfully, I am not where I once was but there is still room for growth…((hugs))
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Hands

1. Barbie says:

Oh me too Dolly! We can walk this road together. Hugs!

14. child of God says:

Hi Barbie,
    What a beautiful picture!
    Praying Holy Spirit ministers to your heart and opens the door for free flowing writing. I love you girl and I appreciate what you share and learn from it.

Blessings.
    child of God recently posted..Rejoice

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much! You are a constant source of encouragement. Blessings!

15. Naomi@WhatJoyIsMine says:

Barbie, sweet friend…when I think of His Word washing over you (and me), it is a beautiful picture of eyes closed, face looking upward and peace calming the soul. It’s a good place to be. The picture of your son fits perfectly with the verse today. Thank you, as always, for the encouragement and the link up. Have a blessed weekend.
    Naomi@WhatJoyIsMine recently posted..Summer Fun Ideas: Picnics

1. Barbie says:

What a beautiful picture! Thank you for sharing and thank you for being such an encouragement to me.

16. Karin Madden says:

Now I am here praying for you today, Barbie. Thank you for taking us on this journey through your heart. These seasons are tough ones, aren’t they? I can’t wait to see the beautiful blossoms that will come from these seeds you are tending. Much love and bear-hugs to you today, my friend.
    Karin Madden recently posted..When The Storms Gather

1. Barbie says:

Sending you a big hug from afar Karin. Love you!

17. carol longenecker hiestand says:

you continue to be in a good place it seems, for God to work. I believe that sometimes waiting in quiet without words helps me continue to listen instead of getting sidetracked with trying to create a post about it. when I find myself writing for my blog instead of about what God is saying to me, there is just too much noise to listen clearly. Praying for you as I write this today…Lord, give Barbie wisdom, courage and strength as she stays in this place of healing.
    carol longenecker hiestand recently posted..God Speaks Without Words

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Carol! You are a blessing!

18. Carrie says:

What gorgeous scenery our Maker has left for us! I always feel closer to Him on mountains. ..and of course at the beach. The expansiveness of His brilliance never ceases to grab my attention and humble me. Thank you for sharing the image and words..and for sharing your space! Have a blessed weekend!
    Carrie recently posted..He Is My Watch Keeper

1. Barbie says:

Praying you have a beautiful week Carrie!

19. Janette Wright says:

I can’t seem to find words this year for my blog, so my post seem very far between. I feel it is a season of God also healing my heart. Letting go of what I thought should have been and embracing what is. His ways are higher than ours. Thanks for sharing this scripture this morning. Thanks for allowing Him to heal and restore those places of your heart, so that you can encourage us all to keep seeking His face. My word this year is restoration…what an awesome God we serve, who loves us so much that He won’t let us stay in our own mess.
    Janette Wright recently posted..I Forgot About That!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Janette. Praying for you, that as you draw closer to Him He will open up words to your heart to share your own journey.

20. Holly Barrett says:

Love this photo and your message about the Word! You know I’m a Word girl! So I appreciate any and all reminders to stay in the Word, to breathe in the Word, to live in the Word. It is life to us! Hope you have had a restful weekend, friend!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..The joy of the Lord

1. Barbie says:

Thank you friend! Have a blessed week.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Laurie!