32 In Faith/ My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Bloom

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and a beautiful community of writers at the Five Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes for the joy of writing.  No editing or backtracking necessary.  No need to be perfect.  This is where I get to write, letting it all go, allowing the words tucked away deep inside my heart to find their voice.

Bloom

purple.2

There is a seed that has been planted deep within my soul.  It is not a seed meant to remain there in the shadows, for what is created in secret must at some point burst forth with life.

But the ground of my weak heart where this seed lays waiting must first be tended to by the Master Gardener.  And I cringe, just a little, because I know that although His hands are gentle, the pulling, shaking and rearranging of the soil — it all can be a little overwhelming.

But He calls me to bloom where I have been planted.  To sprout up and burst forth through the soil of my weakened heart, so that remnants of His love can be scattered across the paths that my feet would walk.

I shy away from the process. I fear hurt, pain, rejection of the good soil.  I wonder if my roots would go down deep enough, into the richness of His goodness, and bear good fruit. I wonder if I would be strong enough to withstand the storms that come.  Would I remain in the good soil, or would I be tossed to and for with the wind?

He is the Master Gardener.  All I must do is yield this seed back to Him and allow Him to ever so gently care for it until it’s ready to bloom.

In due time, this seed will burst through the good soil.  And so I wait.

Five Minute Friday

Angie Ryg
    July 17, 2014 at 11:47 pm

“. . . so that remnants of His love can be scattered across the paths that my feet would walk.”
    Yes! This calling to be completely His wherever I am walking. TO bloom in beauty and delight our Creator in the perfect place that He has placed us! Yes!

So glad I linked up right behind you Sweet Lady! 🙂

July 18, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by Angie!

Debbie Putman
    July 18, 2014 at 12:16 am

Beautiful words to bloom in our souls reminding us all of Truth. Thank you.
    Debbie Putman recently posted..Bloom

July 18, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Hi Debbie! Thanks for stopping by.

Ruth
    July 18, 2014 at 12:54 am

Hi Barbie, thanks for your words today… it’s all about roots, isn’t it?!
    Ruth recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Bloom

July 18, 2014 at 10:50 pm

So true Ruth! Lovely post today on your blog. Have a beautiful weekend.

Karen Brown
    July 18, 2014 at 3:33 am

Barbie- This is such a beautiful take on “BLOOM”. I love this line: “All I must do is yield this seed back to Him “… Yes! Thanks for sharing your gift with words here. Loved this! #FMF

July 18, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Have a beautiful weekend Karen!

Beth
    July 18, 2014 at 3:47 am

I know how much you enjoy participating in FMF so it’s a joy to read this today. As always, your heart and trust in Him shines through. Wishing you a wonderful day and weekend, friend. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: Be perfectly united

July 18, 2014 at 10:52 pm

It brings me so much joy to be able to write for just 5 minutes, and actually have something to say. Thanks for visiting my friend. Hugs!

Karen Courcy
    July 18, 2014 at 4:07 am

I LOVE your thought on “bloom” …. I believe that God does plant a seed inside of us, and he is waiting to see what it is we do with it. LOVE IT.. as always, love your thoughts…
    Karen Courcy recently posted..Five Minute Friday {Bloom}

July 18, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Karen, thanks so much for stopping by. Off to visit your blog!

Lizzy
    July 18, 2014 at 4:35 am

“There is a seed that has been planted deep within my soul. It is not a seed meant to remain there in the shadows, for what is created in secret must at some point burst forth with life.” – this, just this…. oh okay – and everything else! Loved your thoughts here today xx

July 18, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Thanks Lizzy!

Kaylene Yoder
    July 18, 2014 at 6:16 am

Beautiful thoughts, Barbie! I always enjoy my visits. I especially like the image of waiting until He is ready for us to bloom. Like a seed overwintering and with gentle encouragement from the Son, flourishes for Him. Blessings!
    Kaylene Yoder recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Bloom of Iron

July 18, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Thanks for stopping by Kaylene!

Jill Foley
    July 18, 2014 at 8:09 am

This is beautiful…you have created such powerful imagery with your words.
    Jill Foley recently posted..A New Creation

July 18, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Thanks so much Jill!

Holly Barrett
    July 18, 2014 at 9:21 am

I shy away from the process too, Barbie. But it’s so good when we can cooperate with Him, isn’t it? So glad to read your words again, friend. Hope all is well with you!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Bloom

July 18, 2014 at 11:03 pm

So glad you stopped by Holly. Life is bringing a slow, positive turn. Have a blessed weekend.

Ginger Harrington
    July 18, 2014 at 11:51 am

As always, my friend, your words bless my heart. I love it that we love a God who plants seeds and desires in our hearts. This reminds me of Psalm 37–Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..You Can’t Force the Bloom

July 18, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Ginger, thanks so much for stopping by. I love Psalm 37. If we are patient, all of those hopes and dreams inside of us will bloom, according to His plan. Hugs!

Dana Butler
    July 18, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Oh Barbie… yes. I shy away from the process too. Just so longing to trust Him more deeply, to surrender to His process more fully…. With you, friend. <3

July 18, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Have a blessed weekend Dana!

Amy Boyd
    July 18, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Oh yes ..in due time. The waiting is so hard some times.
    Amy Boyd recently posted..Bloom {Five Minute Friday}

July 18, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Thanks for stopping by Amy!

Mary Geisen
    July 18, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Patience is so important and God’s timing is perfect but it sure is difficult to be in that season where you are waiting and listening for next steps. I’m so glad you popped up over at Lisa Jo’s for FMF. I sense that God is providing words and those words need to be shared. Love you friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Bloom

July 18, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Mary, you are one of my biggest cheerleaders! Thanks for stopping by!

LeeAnn G Taylor
    July 19, 2014 at 12:00 am

“And I cringe, just a little, because I know that although His hands are gentle, the pulling, shaking and rearranging of the soil — it all can be a little overwhelming.”

YES. This is where I’m at too. Thank you for sharing such an incredible beautiful picture of how God works in us.

And thank you so much for encouraging my (in real life) friend Mollie on her first post. She was ecstatic when you shared it on FB, texting me immediately with her wonder and excitement. It’s been a neat journey to watch her make the decision to start blogging and then take that scary step to hit “publish” today. Your encouragement meant the world to her (and me).
    LeeAnn G Taylor recently posted..How To Embrace Life Like a Child

July 19, 2014 at 8:52 am

I love encouraging new bloggers. I popped over to Mollie’s blog again this morning and she’s had a lot of visits. I pray she is encouraged. Have a beautiful weekend!

Heather @40YearWanderer
    July 19, 2014 at 9:03 am

The words are flowing, Barbie, just beautifully. I’ve tried several times to connect with the FMF community, just can’t seem to find the connection. I’m glad you have!
    Blessings,
    Heather
    Heather @40YearWanderer recently posted..Why Am I Not Healed, Yet? {Mustard Seed Faith}

July 20, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Oh Heather, it’s a beautiful community. I’m sorry you haven’t felt that connect. Have a blessed week.