The Weekend Brew: When You’re Reminded of Your Destiny

Seven years ago, a group of ladies from my church all got together and created art.  We prayed, asked the Lord for words for those in our community and got busy painting. We gave the pieces away, but before we did, my Pastor’s wife scanned them all into her computer.  Tonight, I was helping her print some things for a ministry trip.  I asked her if she happened to have any of the pieces I did that night.  I was completely amazed at what she  had.

Psalm_45_1

This painting was one of my first prophetic painting pieces.  This was done in 2007, and I started my blog in 2008.  Seeing this tonight awakened a desire in me to write, to share the Lord’s heart with others and to work on that second book of mine!

Tree_planted

This painting reminds me of begin firmly planted, like a tree by streams of living water, forever planted in the House of the Lord.  Ephesians 3:17-19 has become a life verse for me:

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may be able to comprehend with all the saints what isthe breadth and length and height and depth,19and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.…

worship

This painting captures my desire for intimacy, worship and being completely abandoned before the Lord.

I am amazed at God’s timing to show me all three of these early paintings.  Not only do I get to be reminded of my destiny as a writer, lover of God and worshipper, but I get to see how I’ve grown as an artist during the last seven years, and that’s pretty cool!

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

1. Madelain says:

Love the paintings, so beautiful!!
    Bless you (:

2. Joanne Viola says:

So amazing how God gives a peek at our own growth! I love that He did this in order to encourage & spur you on in your gifts! And..I hope you will ask me onto your next launch team 🙂 Excited for you! Blessings, friend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Lessons From Family

3. Oh, I love the weight of these words. I used to do collages, with torn magazine images and they were often affirming and also prophetic , often reflecting an inner yearning. Last weekend I went to a n Art Tour in our state. So much amazing inspiration and I spoke with the artists in their studios- in addition , I was with a fellow Blogger from the state next door! Whoohooo- so fun! But here is te cool thing , the very last artist we met was one who does collage. BUT the collage is so amazing that it actually looks like images photographed. It really reminded me that although collage type art is different than some- it resonated powerfully, she even was showing me how to find what is needed to do what she had done. This really made my weekend. Anyway…another artist and I talked about how often writers discover their artsy side and painters/drawers discover their writerly sides in different seasons. I am so glad you are allowing His Spirit, full creative liberty to However He wants to express Himself through you! Hugs!
    Dawn Paoletta (@breathoffaith) recently posted..On Finishing Well (or just trusting God)

4. God’s timing is always perfect, isn’t it Barbie?
    I’m excited for you to feel re-energized to begin the next leg in the journey God has laid out for you. He is going to do some amazing things in and through you, my friend. I have no doubt! Yay God! I love his goodness. 🙂
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Creating a Coastal Vibe with DIY Paintings | Project Inspire{d} Link Party Week 76

5. Carrie says:

I envy you and every other artist. It looks so fun and carefree to paint from the heart. My brother has incredible talent for art and I marvel at what he can create on a blank canvas. What remarkable gifts you have, Barbie! Tickled to hear the passion in your voice – you go! Blessings!
    Carrie recently posted..A Writer’s Blog Hop

• Barbie says:

Oh Carrie, you are an artist in your own right. You create beautiful imagery with you words. And I bet if you picked up a paint brush you would create your own masterpiece!

6. Oh friend, how I praise God that He has reminded you of the precious plan He has for you. To express what Christ plants within us is authentic worship. As i write this God is saying the word is vessel, an open container for Him to fill and then release into this world.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..The Friday Random: Posting, An Award, and 7 Things about Me

• Barbie says:

Thank you Ginger. I pray that I will remain an open vessel to express His heart and that He would be glorified.

7. Carol says:

The colors in your paintings are so bright and beautiful. So glad you had the opportunity to review your past work–and then be encouraged to continue. Your words and art are a blessing!
    Carol recently posted..Bearing Fruit: Elderberries

8. June says:

It’s exciting when God reaffirms His plan for us, isn’t it? It’s like going back to the place you know in your heart you should be, and turning on the light. I’m so thankful that you shared your early artwork with us today, Barbie! So inspiring!!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . a merry heart

9. Hazel Moon says:

God does NOT call by gender but by tender hearts – – and he is calling women today to pick up their gifts of word of knowledge, word of wisdom and prophesy! Let it flow out of you and by the way I love your art work and it touched me deeply.
    Hazel Moon recently posted..Hearing God Speak

10. Thanks so much for hosting the linkup! <3
    Wholesome Joy recently posted..The Random Food #3

11. Barbie,
    What beautiful paintings! That is truly amazing to me how you were able to look back and see the connection between the painting and your writing. God is so cool like that! So thankful you shared this, what an encouragement.
    Sarah Knepper recently posted..The Power of Story

12. Patty says:

I love your paintings and God’s sweetness in the timing of revealing them to you. I love this post and what it says about God’s specific care for you as He writes your story with you in Him. Love you.
    Patty recently posted..Radical

13. Elizabeth says:

I loved seeing how God spoke to you through your painting and you’re right, it’s amazing how your painting has progressed.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 92:1-2…

14. The Lord’s surprise ministry to our hearts and souls… isn’t it amazingly beautiful!
    I’m so thrilled for you … the time is now. 🙂
    Heather @40YearWanderer recently posted..Trading Hope for Sex to Find Love {50 Shades of Grey in Real Life}

15. Yes, that is cool indeed!! Loved seeing your early works. And I posted on the verse about trees planted by the streams today. Love that when we are planted in Him, our roots grow strong and our limbs grow tall. He is the source of all goodness! Glad to see that you are encouraged, my friend!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..A tree planted by streams

16. Love! All, but especially the first one. Enjoy your day, friend.
    Sandra Heska King recently posted..Home

17. Wanda says:

What a treasure to be able to have those to look back upon and see how you grown and then to have them to propel you forward. We never know how God will connect all the dots of lives and weave them into beautiful works of art.
    Wanda recently posted..The Writers Blog Hop

18. Ashley says:

You are such a precious person, and I am so thankful I got to link up today. Love you sweet friend.
    Ashley recently posted..I am Giving up Distracted for Examined.

19. Mary Geisen says:

I love all these paintings but especially the deep expression of you and God working through you that is portrayed on each. You have a gift and I am so thankful that you are sharing it with us. I’m a little late joining The Weekend Brew but my week was weird and everything seems to be off because of it. Thanks for the link up and sharing your space with all of us. Love you friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Faith

20. Praise God for these paintings & their meaning! God’s timing is always perfect! Thanks for hosting & God bless.
    Laurie Collett recently posted..How Does God Answer Prayer?

21. Wow! God is so cool like that! You are so gifted in writing and painting…I’m just glad God interconnected our spaces so that we could meet. 🙂
    Alecia Simersky recently posted..Where Have I Been? Come SEE!

• Barbie says:

Alecia, the feeling is mutual. So thankful for the opportunity to know you though blogging this side of heaven.