15 In Faith/ My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Fill

Today I am joining a beautiful community of writers for the Five Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes for the joy of writing.  No editing or backtracking necessary.  No need to be perfect.  This is where I get to write, letting it all go, allowing the words tucked away deep inside my heart to find their voice.

Fill

Fill

Tired, I stumble through the day.
Foggy, listless, darkness looming.
Where did my zest for life go?
When did my zeal for His presence fade?

I cry out, “Come Lord, come and Fill”!
My heart is aching, yearning, longing.
My tears fall hard and fast.
My sighs so loud they can be heard.

He speaks,
“My Daugther, You cry to be filled.
But in order to be filled, you must come empty.
All that you hold onto, all of your hopes and dreams,
Will you lay them at the alter, will you lay them at My feet?”

I respond,
“Yes, Lord, I will come.
Trembling hands and wobbly knees,
broken, bruised, tired and worn.
Into Your presence, where only Your blood makes me worthy
to stand, to lift my voice and cry out, ‘Come, Lord, Come and fill’
Empty me, take all of me, and come and fill to overflowing.”

*I am often amazed at what come out of my heart with these writing prompts.  I rarely write poetry.  Thank you Jesus that you know me better than I know myself.

*photo credit

Mary Geisen
    August 7, 2014 at 8:58 pm

God does know us better than we know ourselves and these words were a reflection of Him. So beautiful! The beauty of emptying ourselves so He can fill us touched me deeply. Thank you friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Fill

Layne Joy
    August 7, 2014 at 9:09 pm

First of all, I absolutely love the name of your blog! (:

I think this is an absolutely beautiful piece from a beautiful woman.
    It’s so powerful, it’s incredible what words can do, it’s practically left me speechless.

I also agree with you, I sometimes amaze myself with these prompts.
    You conveyed a fantastic message, I enjoyed this a lot.
    Layne Joy recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fill

Somer
    August 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

beautiful poetry and isn’t it a release to let it all drop and come empty. to finally give up, so that you might get up?
    Somer recently posted..Fill – Five Minute Fridays

Elizabeth
    August 7, 2014 at 10:55 pm

This is beautiful, Barbie!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Friday Favs…a Goodwill enamelware bread box!

June
    August 8, 2014 at 5:53 am

The empty-ing. So that we may be filled. So that we may pour out to others. Beautiful, Barbie.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . the cloud gazer

richelle @ our wright-ing pad
    August 8, 2014 at 6:22 am

loved the bit about if we want to be filled, we have to come empty… so much truth in that statement.
    richelle @ our wright-ing pad recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Fill

Holly Barrett
    August 8, 2014 at 8:16 am

What a beautiful poem, Barbie! You are so talented. It is so hard to lay things down at His feet but you have captured the reason to do it so well. Thanks for your continued encouragement! xoxo
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Fill

Ginger Harrington
    August 8, 2014 at 8:20 am

Empty to fill. If we truly understood all we gain in God’s filling, we’d not resist emptying our desires before him. Lovely words friend.

Amy Boyd
    August 8, 2014 at 8:30 am

I love the poetry you have shared today. Thank you for the reminder that we must be empty first for Him to fill us.
    Amy Boyd recently posted..Fill {Five-Minute Friday}

Jennifer
    August 8, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Barbie,
    This is so beautiful! I haven’t wrote poetry in years. I should try again. Thank you for these words today!
    Jennifer recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fill

Andrea
    August 8, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I swear you’ve been eavesdropping on my quiet times with God lately. 😉 This was so beautiful.
    Andrea recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fill

Kathryn Ross
    August 8, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Needed this fill – oh! Am I empty enough? Just when I think I go nothing . . . I need more nothing . . . I think.

Beautiful, Barb!
    Joy!
    Kathy

Cassandra M. Stewart (Renaissance Women)
    August 9, 2014 at 6:48 am

“Come and fill to overflowing!” The cry of every thirsty soul and you gave it voice. Beautiful Barbie, just beautiful.
    You are truly a treasure, a gift to the Body of Christ.

God Bless You.

~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women
    Cassandra M. Stewart (Renaissance Women) recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fill

Kelsea
    August 9, 2014 at 2:05 pm

This is beautiful! “But in order to be filled, you must come empty”, so so true. I often find myself crying out to God to be filled but I’m still holding onto so many things. Thank you for the reminder to place it all in His hands.
    Kelsea recently posted..Five Minute Friday:Fill…

Cherry
    August 10, 2014 at 7:43 am

Thanks, Barbie – beautiful words! I especially loved this … “My Daughter, You cry to be filled.
    But in order to be filled, you must come empty.”
    Cherry recently posted..In Need of Fill