Five Minute Friday: Tell

Today I am joining a beautiful community of writers for the Five Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes for the joy of writing.  No editing or backtracking necessary.  No need to be perfect.  This is where I get to write, letting it all go, allowing the words tucked away deep inside my heart to find their voice.

Tell

daisy

Come over here, just for a moment.

I want to tell you something.

Do you know that He sees you today?

When you walk through your day wondering if anyone sees your effort underneath all of the mess,

Yes, He sees!

Do you know how beautiful your voice is to Him?

He bends over the balcony of heaven when you speak.
He inclines His ear to your voice.
He listens to your every word.

Do you know how you move His heart?

When you say yes, even through trembling knees and heart beating fast,
even though your faith is blind and you know not the road you should take,
every step, especially the small ones,

they bring you closer to Him.

Do you know He is pleased with you?

Yes, you!

You may feel like a failure at times, a disappointment or less than enough.

But oh how He is pleased with you!

I can see Him now, Your Daddy in heaven,
He’s picking you up and twirling you around,
He says, “Come here, My daughter, I have something to tell you.

You are my joy and I delight in you.

You need not do one more thing to earn My love.
Just simply be.”

1. Nikki Marie says:

Daisies are my favorite. This was such a special post! Thank you for being a faithful servant of our Most High God. I’m so glad I was the link after you!!

visiting from 5MF

2. Karen Courcy says:

Beautifully written.. love this 🙂 great reminders and affirmations 🙂
    Karen Courcy recently posted..five minute friday {tell}

3. Jamie Gunn says:

Thank you for these words – just taking them in!
    Jamie Gunn recently posted..Truth and Humility in the Trader Joe’s Coffee Isle

4. Beth says:

Beautiful words, Barbie. I think I shall sit here and really take them in this morning.
    Love you.
    xoxo
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: Love fights fair

5. Yes! How freeing it is to realize that we can just be in His presence…without pretense or accomplishment…He loves us so much. Thanks for this beautiful reminder, Barbie. xoxo
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Tell

6. Joining you from FMF and had to read your post since I’ve been enjoying getting to know you on Crown of Splendor! Such beautiful words telling what is so important to hear.
    Debbie Putman recently posted..Tell

7. Leah Adams says:

This was so beautiful and precious. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday. I love the imagery you used. I can see the Father leaning over the balcony of heaven to hear our heart cries. Oh my, that is so lovely. Thank you for a beautiful post to start my day.
    Leah Adams recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Tell

8. Anita Ojeda says:

Ah, thank you for the hug from heaven! I needed to hear that this morning :)!
    Anita Ojeda recently posted..Tell Me It’s Not Melanoma!

9. What beautiful words my friend! As always the Lord used you to share words that I desperately needed to hear today! Thank you!

10. Jen says:

Barbie, thank you. We need to hear these beautiful words every day! I’m so glad I saw your face at FMF and decided to stop by for a visit.
    Jen 🙂
    Jen recently posted..All the Words That Need Telling

11. This is beautiful! I know, but sometimes I forget, how God sees us all. Your words have blessed me today!
    Heather @ My Overflowing Cup recently posted..How To Stretch Buttermilk

12. Wendy Meijer says:

Beautiful! Thank you! Visiting from 5 min fri 🙂
    Wendy Meijer recently posted..five minute friday: tell

13. Love this!! You have such a beautiful (refreshing!) way with words…

I just wanted to TELL you that! Thank you.
    Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondereda recently posted..Five Minute Friday :: The Heavens they {tell}…and so do the words of my heart!

14. Michelle says:

This is beautiful!

I am in the midst of taking those baby steps.

I want to grow fast, be in the know.

But, I’m finding growing in the Lord takes time.
    Michelle recently posted..10 Things Blogging Has Taught Me About Myself

15. Liz says:

Thanks for the especially good reminder that he SEES me.
    Liz recently posted..Five Minute Friday: TELL

16. Stephanie says:

What a beautiful and lovely reminder for us all. Thank you!
    Stephanie recently posted..five minute friday – tell

17. I think He made sure I didn’t read this until today…when I truly needed it most.
    Blessed by your words. Thanks for sharing them.
    Love ya, friend! 🙂
    Larri @ Seams Inspired recently posted..Happy Sunday!