28 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: God Is Faithful Through The Wilderness

God is Faithful

God is good.  All the time.  I know this to be true.

In hard seasons, I recall His promises to me in His Word.

• His promise to remain faithful, even when I am not.
  • His promise to love me, even when I am unloveable.
  • His promise to never leave me, although at times I turn from Him.
  • His promise to provide for my every need, even though I feel desperate and lacking.

But I’ve tasted and I’ve seen His goodness.

When my husband lost his job in 2008, I saw His goodness.  Despite disappointment and loss, discouragement and all of the what ifs, He remained faithful.  There was so much unknown to us during that time, yet our path was covered with His grace and we were girded up by His strength.

The wilderness way is a hard journey.  It’s hot and sticky.  It’s dry and without refreshing rain.  It’s dirty and messy and is devoid of anything that resembles life.  But throughout all of it, His goodness remains.  Even in times of lack, He remains faithful.

He changes a wilderness into a pool of water And a dry land into springs of water.
(Psalm 107:35 NASB)

Do you find yourself in a wilderness season?  Recall the promises of the Lord over your life and remember that He will not leave you there.  He will bring you through.

*photo credit by my lovely friend Laura.

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Beth
    August 16, 2014 at 4:27 am

I am so grateful for His faithfulness through everything. This time apart from my husband hasn’t been a time in the wilderness but certainly a time when I needed Him near. He has revealed Himself to me in so many new ways. And friend, I’ve loved witnessing how He has been faithful to you. I think I may join in for your Weekend Brew today. 🙂
    Love you so much.
    xoxo
    Beth recently posted..Scattering of Love :: Batch 1

August 16, 2014 at 11:38 pm

He IS faithful my friend. I am so glad you linked up today!

Denise
    August 16, 2014 at 5:02 am

When the chips are down and the enemy is hot on our heels, that’s when we really have to reach down into what we know, not what we feel, and no matter what, declare GOD IS GOOD!! Amen!! ♥ Love you dear friend; have a beautiful weekend! ♥
    Denise recently posted..Plant A Seed

August 16, 2014 at 11:39 pm

AMEN!

Ginger Harrington
    August 16, 2014 at 5:39 am

Earlier this week I was reading Jeremiah 31 where it says “They found grace in the wilderness.” That phrase just stood out to me, and I am intrigued that this word is used in this Old Testament setting. How very grateful I am that God is faithful to us and we can find grace in the wilderness.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..Joy’s One Thing

August 16, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Grace in the wilderness…..I love that. And that is so true. He gives us so much grace to endure those times. Blessings!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    August 16, 2014 at 6:35 am

Barbie, you have had a journey through the desert, but, praise God! I have seen you stop at a unexpectedly beautiful oasis along the way. God is good. His faithfulness never ends. He blesses and strengthens and upholds each of us through the wilderness. The wilderness often feels endless, but God’s presence never leaves us. [[hugs]]
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Change is in the Air | Project Inspire{d} Link Party #79

August 16, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Thank you Diane for your encouragement!

Elizabeth
    August 16, 2014 at 7:59 am

I am reminded of the passage that talks about coming out of the wilderness leaning on our Beloved. That is our goal, and perhaps, why He allows us to go through the wilderness. You’ve been a faithful voice through your journey, Barbie!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 90:17…

August 16, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Oh I LOVE that passage of scripture! Have a blessed week Elizabeth.

Lisa
    August 16, 2014 at 8:39 am

I am in a season of wilderness right now, so thank you for the timely reminder of God’s goodness.
    Lisa recently posted..34 Quotes on Surviving Infertility

August 16, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Oh Lisa, saying a prayer for you tonight. May you sense His nearness and feel His arms of love wrapped tightly around you. Hugs!

Nellers
    August 16, 2014 at 1:04 pm

This is so true. I’ve actually found myself in a desert spiritually recently and long to get back into the deep waters.

Nell

August 17, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Me too Nellers! You have a beautiful blog and beautiful children.

Heather @ My Overflowing Cup
    August 16, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Thank you for this! We are on a similar journey right now so this is very encouraging to me. God has proven faithful each and every time. Thank you for the reminder today and for the link-up.
    Heather @ My Overflowing Cup recently posted..How To Have A Mary Heart In A Martha World

August 17, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Have a blessed week Heather. Thanks for linking up!

Joyce
    August 16, 2014 at 5:46 pm

We are just coming out of the wilderness,,,or maybe entering a new one. These times have made us stronger as a family,
    I will comment back ­ http://www.oldefashionmom.com/
    Joyce recently posted..8/16/14 random pictures, Day 228/365…

August 17, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Thanks for linking up at The Weekend Brew. Have a blessed week.

Debbie
    August 17, 2014 at 6:22 am

I love Laura’s photo! And yes I’ve been in seasons of wilderness. It seems it’s been that way the last four years. But I am learning many lessons in the wilderness and don’t want to complain and grumble like the Israelites did.
    Debbie recently posted..My Thoughts on Robin Williams

August 17, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Me too Debbie. I know He’s’ faithful to bring me through, but I think I have a long way to go. Blessings!

Mary Geisen
    August 17, 2014 at 10:22 am

God does bring us through our struggles time after time and your reminder today is needed so we all hold tight to this truth. Thank you for your transparency and for a much needed encouragement. Happy weekend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Polish

August 17, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Blessings to you my dear friend. Have a lovely week.

June
    August 17, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I love that you listed some of His promises, Barbie. We all need that reminder. I was just reading that scripture about Him being faithful even when we are not. So powerful. So encouraging. I’m so thankful that God in His mercy is giving you the grace to encourage others, even amid your own need.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . Amy

August 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Thank you June! Praying you have a beautifully blessed week.

Mindy
    August 18, 2014 at 3:36 pm

“Even in times of lack, He remains faithful.” Holding on to that today.
    Mindy recently posted..What I have learned this summer

August 18, 2014 at 7:50 pm

AMEN Mindy!

Alita
    August 26, 2014 at 6:40 am

Thanks you for this. I wish I may translated it for my my blog for parents with hurting hearts. Can I? With your name under it?
    Alita recently posted..Loslaten wat ik in mijn armen droeg

August 26, 2014 at 12:08 pm