Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Let Your Light Shine

Matt5_16

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

21 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: Let Your Light Shine”

1. Cassandra M. Stewart (Renaissance Women) says:

Happy Weekend Barbie.

Just a note to tell you how much I love your new blog design! I love the header photo with the rose and the coffee beans. It’s delightful! The colors design is very restful. I always feel renewed visiting your blog.

Blessings

~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women
    Cassandra M. Stewart (Renaissance Women) recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fill

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much Cassandra! I love it too and think I’ll stick with it for a while. I bought this photo sometime ago, and for this theme it was easy to do the header. I couldn’t believe I was able to do it myself. Have a blessed weekend.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Elizabeth. Photo compliments of my son!

2. Diane | An Extraordinary Day says:

Hi Barbie!
    I love that verse! It’s so visual and such an easy reminder. Why is it we (me) do such an awful job of shining so much of the time?

Hope your weekend is filled with extraordinary memories in the making!
    [hugs]
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Free and Easy Wildflower Bouquet

1. Barbie says:

Oh I know! We are called to shine his light and so often I feel like I’m but a flicker. Blessings!

3. Cathy says:

Barbie, Just stopped by to say hey. I have been off the grid a bunch because of work, but I am still reading the study and the comments. I am loving it. Sept. will slow a little. Blessings! Cathy
    Cathy recently posted..One BIG Thing Children Need to Know!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Cathy. I was sick week before last and got behind. Still behind. I hope to post some thoughts on FB tonight or tomorrow and get my post up by Monday. Blessings!

4. Kimberly David says:

Hello,
    This is my second time visiting and contributing to the Weekend Brew. I am currently working on a page for my blog where I give a shout out to Blog likes and Link-ups. I am a bit new to this and I was wondering if you had code for the Weekend Brew Button. I have found the picture on a few different websites, but the link wasn’t working. I figured my best option was to come directly to the source.

Thanks,
    Kimberly David | Excellent Way
    Kimberly David recently posted..The Outstretched Hand

1. Barbie says:

Hi Kimberly! So thankful to have you at The Weekend Brew. I know have grab codes for both of my buttons on my sidebar. Let me know if you have any issues with them. Blessings!

1. Kimberly David says:

Thanks Barbie,
        It looks like things worked perfectly. Now just have to tweak the page I posted it to and make it presentable for publication on the blog. Thanks again for hosting the link ups. I know I just got started, but it has already been a blessing.

Have a blessed bloggy week. 🙂
        Kimberly

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Jedidja!

5. Holly Barrett says:

Love your photo/scripture combination, Barbie. Praying that the light of Jesus is always shining through us. xoxo
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Your face Lord, I will seek

1. Barbie says:

AMEN!

1. Barbie says:

Hugs to you my friend!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Pamela. Photo courtesy of my son and his iPhone!

6. Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondereda says:

Hello Barbie!! I came back -here- to say “hello!”, too …as you have recently popped in over at my place. I love meeting new faces! Thanks for leaving a comment..
    I really like the look and sound of your blog here (beautiful header photo) – as I AM such an avid coffee fan. I’d love to sit a spell and visit – over coffee. 🙂

So, tell me… what (exactly) is the Weekend Brew? Is this a link- up thing with a theme or prompt for each weekend? Just curious…
    in the meantime – have a wonderful week ahead!!

Blessings!
    ~Bevy

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Bev! I realized I forgot to put my little snippet at the end of this week’s Weekend Brew post. It must have been late. But yes, it’s a link up. It normally goes up by 1AM on Saturday morning and runs through Tuesday. It’s a place for bloggers to link up their posts and “breathe life” and “encourage”. Would love to have you join us!