The Weekend Brew: The Promise of His Goodness

Land of the Living

Sometimes life catches you off guard, and you have to fight to keep your perspective. As seasons change, it’s easy for me to fall into the “what if’s” and “if only’s”.  But staying there in that place minimizes the promise of the power of God in my life.  Reflecting on what could have been, or even what might be, good or bad, steals away the now moments and clouds my vision of the work that God is doing in my life right at this moment.

When life gets hard, and fear tries to creep in, I only have one place to go and that’s straight into the arms of Jesus. Only there is confusion silenced and fear laid to rest.

[Tweet “Faith is restored under the shadow of His wings.”]

And there He reassures me of His goodness and of His promises over my life.

I will choose to believe that He is good and that He has good things for my life.
I will remember how far He has brought me, and that He said He would never leave me.
Today I will choose to look upon His goodness through the eyes of faith.

What promises of God are you clinging to today?

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

*photo credit

1. Beth says:

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11. He is good and has good things planned for you, friend. Love you. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..Scattering of Love :: Batch 2

2. Rosann says:

Oh, I’m clinging to so many promises! But this one is for sure at the top of the list. Love it!
    Rosann recently posted..13 Lifestyle Changes that Helped Me Overcome Thyroiditis and Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms

3. Keri T. says:

Oh how right you are! When life becomes somethg unbearable, I can only find that hope when I run to him.

4. Elizabeth says:

Whatever you are facing, I pray that everyday you will see evident signs of God’s goodness and presence and that You will clearly hear His voice.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Matthew 4:18-19…

5. Beautifully said, Barbie. I went straight to His arms yesterday in a bigger way than I had in a few years. One of those moments hit me. Thank you for this beautiful encouragement.
    Heather @40YearWanderer recently posted..Are You Sharing Fake Christianity? ~ {Living #ALLIN}

6. Jen says:

Convicting, yet encouraging words, Barbie! Thank you for the excellent reminder to seek shelter in Him and to believe that He wants good for our lives.
    Jen 🙂
    Jen recently posted..Fat Girl Insecurities and #TheLoft

7. I love that verse! I’m clinging to this one – “These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:33
    Heather @ My Overflowing Cup recently posted..When Our Thoughts and His Words Collide

8. Praise God that the arms of Jesus are always there for us! Thanks for the beautiful post & for hosting & God bless.
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Triplets of Salvation: Renew

9. Clinging to the promise that He is in control, He knows my future, and He is working in it!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..The work of your hand

10. Mary Geisen says:

I am clinging to knowing that God’s grace is sufficient for me. That in my weakness or in my strength it all come back to God’s grace. Sunday blessings, my friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Grace

11. Today I am clinging to 1 Corinthians 7:17. The Message translation reads, “Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there.” I’m living, obeying, loving and believing right here. You’re absolutely right, Barbie… confusion is silenced and fear is laid to rest in the arms of Jesus. Thank you for your beautiful words today. Glad to connect with your encouraging spot this weekend! Blessings!
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..The Miracle of God’s Faithfulness

• Barbie says:

Julie, thankful you stopped by. I love the thought of where I am right now being God’s place for me! Blessing!

12. Hi Barbie, It has been a while since I have been here. I love the Psalm verse you have here. I cling to the promise that God has my path planned for me, and He always know better than I do. His perspective is much greater than mine. When I get the idea to run ahead of Him, or start planning things that are not in line with His plans, my husband and I quickly stop. We evaluate. And we decide if this is going to the left or to the right of God’s plan. It has taken hard-learned lessons to get here.
    Kim Adams Morgan recently posted..Saving Souls

13. Created Well says:

Guard and keep yourselves in the love of God; expect and patiently wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)—[which will bring you] unto life eternal. Jude 21 AMP

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; Psalm 91:4-9 KJV

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen Revelation 1:5b-6 ESV

Living in the Love of God under the wings, blood, and cross of Christ. This is what I’m clinging too and trying to learn instead of living in fear, self-hatred, and distrust. It’s not on the surface, it’s at my core, deep in my being that many don’t see and I often forget about. However, when the right circumstances come about, all of it surfaces and tries to pull me back to my darkest days that were full of loneliness, depression, and debilitating anxiety. Praise God for your post! A reminder and confirmation that I’m right where I need to be in my growth journey with Christ!

14. Carmen Horne says:

Barbie you have a beautiful page! I love the header. I am learning about link ups and I am glad I have found The Weekend Brew. I look forward to joining in.

My family has had some big struggles this year and relying on the goodness of the Lord has help us through. Thank you for sharing!

• Barbie says:

Carmen, so thankful you found me! I will have this week’s Brew up late tonight. Would love to have you join in, any time!

15. Elizabeth says:

Beautiful sky and beautiful words of comfort and encouragement!
    Elizabeth recently posted..2 Samuel 22:2…