25 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Ready

Today I am joining a beautiful community of writers for the Five Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes for the joy of writing.  No editing or backtracking necessary.  No need to be perfect.  This is where I get to write, letting it all go, allowing the words tucked away deep inside my heart to find their voice.

READY

FMF_Ready

Ready or not, He’s calling me out.

I’m not sure I feel equipped for this next part of my journey.  I’ve been tucked away inside the four walls of this place for nearly a decade.  I’ve been surrounded by friends, family really, and it’s been good.

But the time has come for me to spread my wings and leave the cacoon of comfortable and branch out into the world, into the marketplace.

I feel uncertain, unsure, that I have what it takes to function where God may very well not be welcomed.  I’ve been spoiled to be able to stop in the halls and pray, visit the prayer room at a moment’s notice, worship, and read the Word all in the context of my job.

I don’t know where He is calling me to.  And even though I would not have picked things to happen this way, I do believe His Hand is leading me out.  I know that He’s preparing the way, and I want to be ready, in season and out of season, to do the work of the ministry, to proclaim the Good News even though my surroundings may not welcome Him in.

Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. (2 Timothy 4:2 ESV)

I will hold my head high, and walk forward in His strength.
I will lean into His Presence, knowing that He goes before me.
I will put on the full armor of God, and will be protected from harm.
I will pray for courage and boldness as I shine forth His light on my next assignment.

Make me ready Lord!  Ready to rise up and meet this new challenge head on with excitement and with joy!

~Karrilee~
    September 11, 2014 at 10:08 pm

You ARE ready, my friend! I am praying that He will place you right where He wants you and you will see… He’s been making you ready this whole time! Love you so, sweet sister!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..“Get Ready! Get Ready! Get Ready!” – Five Minute Friday

September 13, 2014 at 11:20 pm

AMEN! Love you back my friend.

Leah Adams
    September 12, 2014 at 2:06 am

As I read your post, I kept thinking….God doesn’t call the equipped, He equips the called. He is READY to equip you for your calling in this new season. He will do a marvelous work in and through you because you are READY. God bless you. Popped in from FMF.
    Leah Adams recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Ready

September 13, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Thanks Leah. Receiving and believing this today!

Mary Geisen
    September 12, 2014 at 3:03 am

Beautiful Barbie! I can sense how God has been preparing you and when the next step is revealed you will be able to take it because you are ready. I continue to pray for you and your family as you trust our mighty God to provide what you need. Hugs!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Ready

September 13, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Love you Mary! Thank you for your continued prayers.

Karen Brown
    September 12, 2014 at 3:40 am

Barbie- AMEN! I love this line: “I will lean into His Presence, knowing that He goes before me.” I think your humility makes you ready for all that He has next for you. May you walk each new step with Him. Loved this beautiful post!
    Karen Brown recently posted..Ready

September 13, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Thank you Karen!

Mary
    September 12, 2014 at 4:13 am

Beautiful post, Barbie! You ARE ready!!! And I am praying for you as your take the next step.
    Mary recently posted..Seeing the Savior…

September 13, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Thanks so much Mary!

Amy P Boyd
    September 12, 2014 at 6:48 am

If He is calling you then He has prepared you as well as the place/people He has called you to so yes you are ready. However, I understand that know that does always make it easy to go. I am praying for you as you begin this new season.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..Ready {Five Minute Friday}

September 13, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Thank you for your prayers Amy!

Debbie Williamson
    September 12, 2014 at 8:36 am

Ooh, I’m already excited for you, Barbie. How fun it will be to see His will unfold in and around you as you begin this new journey. You are ready. He has made you ready. I can’t wait for you to write about it. Blessings.
    Debbie Williamson recently posted..Five Minute Friday — Ready

September 13, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Reading this comment makes me excited for the next leg of this journey! Thanks Debbie!

E Wright
    September 12, 2014 at 10:33 am

Barbie, some encouragement from the Word as you embark on this new journey to which He has called you. Visiting from Five Minute Friday.
    1But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob,
    And He who formed you, O Israel,
    “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have called you by name; you are Mine!

2“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
    When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
    Nor will the flame burn you.

3“For I am the LORD your God,
    The Holy One of Israel, your Savior …” (Isaiah 43:1-3a)
    E Wright recently posted..Despising and Complaining: Tests of gratitude and belief

September 13, 2014 at 11:25 pm

AMEN! Thank you for your encouragement!

Joanne Viola
    September 12, 2014 at 11:06 am

Barbie, as I read this post, which is beautifully written, I couldn’t help but think that you are ready. I can’t help but wonder if our God has not been getting you ready long before you knew of the change at all. Praying for you as you take this next hard but exciting step!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Ready

September 13, 2014 at 11:26 pm

AMEN Joanne!

Rita
    September 12, 2014 at 11:55 am

Thanks Barbie. I love what you write. Amen.
    Rita recently posted..A room for myself

Carol
    September 12, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Your vulnerable but strong writing inspired me today. So thank you! May you feel God’s leading in whatever your next step is! You ARE ready!

Tanya
    September 12, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Wish you luck! I am sure you’ll excel in your ‘next’!

Friend from FMF,
    Tanya
    Tanya recently posted..Not READY to Part

Melanie
    September 12, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Excited for what might be next…and praying with you in the unknown and your readiness for it.

Cheryl Smith
    September 12, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Oh, dear friend! I trust God will make your path so clear before you, ever assuring you that you do not walk alone. It is so hard to transition from one season of life to the next…so sad to see a chapter close. But, God has wonderful things in store for you…I just know it! Looking forward to seeing how He works in and through you. I know you will bless many wherever the path leads you. 🙂 God bless you.

Rachel Lundy
    September 13, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I wish you all the best in your journey! The Lord will prepare you for all He is calling you to do. May He do mighty things through you!
    Rachel Lundy recently posted..Do You Have Just One Question?

charis
    September 16, 2014 at 10:22 am

I am trusting God will lead you in the steps ahead and looking back you will find so much joy in seeing how He was so faithful and used this to bring growth! Love you friend!
    charis recently posted..simple woman’s daybook 1.29.14