Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: We Dance

Wedance2

photo credit: ~K~ via photopin cc

All too often a song comes along that moves me to tears.  This one has been on repeat for a long time.  Not only is it anointed, but every time I listen to it I get this picture of me, being held in the Father’s arms. I’m a little girl, and He is big and strong, and He twirls me around and around.  As long as I remain there, safe in His arms, I know everything will be okay.

In times of uncertainty, it brings me much peace knowing that my steady, constant God has a good plan for my life.

I pray you will set back and allow this song to minister to your heart today.

Will you take His hand and allow Him to lead you in this dance of life?

Finally ready now,
to close my eyes and just believe
that you won’t lead me where you don’t go.
When my faith gets tired and my hope seems lost
You spin me round and round and remind me of that song,
the one You wrote for me….
and we dance. – (We Dance, Steffany Frizzell Gretzinger)

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

38 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: We Dance”

1. Joanne Viola says:

Barbie – Oh what a beautiful song! I ad never heard it until this morning. “And I will lock eyes with the One who’s chosen me.” I am joining the dance with you, my friend. I am so grateful that although we each may not yet see the plan, He has a plan. “But as for me (us), I will always have hope, I will praise you more and more.” (Ps. 71:14,NIV). Blessings, friend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Sometimes We Need A …

1. Barbie says:

That line of the song is so meaningful to me, locking eyes with the One who has chosen me. I am so thankful He has a perfect plan. Blessings Joanne!

2. Denise says:

Amen; I will take His lead and I will follow!! (Goes so well with our Hind’s Feet devotional!) Beautiful song Barbie; thanks for sharing! Blessings and love sweet friend; I am praying for job opportunities sister!! ♥ Have a blessed weekend!
    Denise recently posted..Sticks and Stones

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much Denise! I appreciate you!

1. Barbie says:

AMEN Diane! So thankful for that truth!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Ginger. Praying you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead.

3. Kathryn Ross says:

Blessings, Barb! Hoping you have known the Lord’s encouragement this week in your trial. Taking a nice cuppa HOPE is just the ticket. Thanks for hosting!
    Joy!
    Kathy

1. Barbie says:

Kathryn, yes, I have experienced his closeness and goodness this week. Thanks for stopping by!

4. bluecottonmemory says:

He gives us that Father-Daughter dance -doesn’t He – and He leads us just right if we want Him, too. Thank you for ministering to my heart-bruises today through your own challenge! Wishing you blessing, refreshing as you take the Father’s hand in your week!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..When the Zinnias Bloom Late

1. Barbie says:

Abundant blessings to you my friend!

5. June says:

Music is one of His greatest gifts to us, don’t you think ? and He loves it when we use it to worship Him. I love how you see yourself, Barbie. I have a similar picture, in my mind’s eye and hope some day to be able to translate it to canvas. I’ve seen something in your writing these past couple of weeks that wasn’t there before. God is giving you what you need to walk this path. Have faith. Blessings and prayers, dear one.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . a change of color

1. Barbie says:

Thank you June! You bless me!

6. Amy Jung says:

I’m so sorry you’re going through this season, Barbie. I can relate to uncertainty in this area of life. My husband and I just walked through it this time last year. Dark days. But also days in which I was so thankful for the light of life guiding us slowly but surely. I appreciate your continued perseverance!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Love Without Hesitation

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Amy! Despite the hard places and uncertain, we are trusting. We know that God is good and will not leave us. Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Oh Dolly, thank you for sharing that song with me. I’ve never heard that one before by Kari and let me tell you how much I needed to hear it. It spoke straight to my heart. Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Have a blessed week Bevy!

7. Dawn says:

Isn’t it amazing how easily we forget how faithful He is. I love that he is always ready long before we are because it demonstrates not only his ever continual faithfulness but his faith in us as we finally come.. ready to close our eyes, lean back and let Him lead and sway in the rhythm He has created so long ago and has been singing over our hearts from the beginning.
    Your words lifted me up. Thank you for the reminder to listen to the song.
    Blessings,
    Dawn
    Dawn recently posted..Rehearse the Wonder of God

1. Barbie says:

So thankful you were blessed Dawn!

8. Mary Dolan Flaherty says:

I love Steffany Frizzel Gretzinger! I discovered her from listening to Bethel Church music, and I hadn’t realized that she had an album out. I need to get this album. Wonderful song. I got such a beautiful visual when I listened to it. Thank you for sharing and, as always, for hosting Weekend Brew
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Promoting Others

1. Barbie says:

Hi Mary. This song is on the Bethel Tides album. However, Steffany just released her solo album and it’s amazing! Thanks for stopping by!

9. Elizabeth says:

Everytime God brings you to mind or I see your name online I am praying and believing for a beautiful open door of God’s guidance and provision!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Elizabeth! I have so many faithful prayer warriors lifting me up. I know a door will open soon. Hugs!

10. Julie Lefebure says:

This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing this amazing song and your encouragement. It’s good to be reminded God is trustworthy and faithful and we have nothing to fear. He has us. So thankful for that truth today!
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..What I Learned This Week – September 13

1. Barbie says:

AMEN Julie! Have a blessed week.

Thanks so much Sandra!

11. Mary Geisen says:

Absolutely beautiful! The words, the song and you, my friend! I love the image of dancing with Jesus and Him leading us in this dance of life. The song could be written for me at this time in my life too as big changes will be coming. Blessings for a beautiful Sunday!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Path

1. Barbie says:

Praying for you Mary. Changes are hard, even the small ones. Asking the Lord to increase your faith as you continue to lean on Him. Hugs!

12. Laurie Collett says:

Praise God that He leads us in the dance He choreographed for us! May we learn to always follow! Thanks for hosting & God bless.
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Dolls, or Friends?

13. Barbie says:

AMEN Laurie! Thanks for stopping by!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for your faithful visits Heather!

14. Ann says:

Wow, Barbie! What a beautiful song!! I love the singer…never heard of her, but she has a beautiful voice! Thanks for sharing it and for hosting every week! You are such a blessing to me every time I visit your blog!
    Ann recently posted..Vacation Isn’t Reality

1. Barbie says:

You’re welcome Ann. I would highly recommend getting Steffany’s full-length, newly release album. It’s amazing! Here is a link: http://bethelmusic.com/the-undoing/