38 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: We Dance

Wedance2

photo credit: ~K~ via photopin cc

All too often a song comes along that moves me to tears.  This one has been on repeat for a long time.  Not only is it anointed, but every time I listen to it I get this picture of me, being held in the Father’s arms. I’m a little girl, and He is big and strong, and He twirls me around and around.  As long as I remain there, safe in His arms, I know everything will be okay.

In times of uncertainty, it brings me much peace knowing that my steady, constant God has a good plan for my life.

I pray you will set back and allow this song to minister to your heart today.

Will you take His hand and allow Him to lead you in this dance of life?

Finally ready now,
to close my eyes and just believe
that you won’t lead me where you don’t go.
When my faith gets tired and my hope seems lost
You spin me round and round and remind me of that song,
the one You wrote for me….
and we dance. – (We Dance, Steffany Frizzell Gretzinger)

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Joanne Viola
    September 13, 2014 at 4:38 am

Barbie – Oh what a beautiful song! I ad never heard it until this morning. “And I will lock eyes with the One who’s chosen me.” I am joining the dance with you, my friend. I am so grateful that although we each may not yet see the plan, He has a plan. “But as for me (us), I will always have hope, I will praise you more and more.” (Ps. 71:14,NIV). Blessings, friend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Sometimes We Need A …

September 13, 2014 at 9:35 pm

That line of the song is so meaningful to me, locking eyes with the One who has chosen me. I am so thankful He has a perfect plan. Blessings Joanne!

Denise
    September 13, 2014 at 5:36 am

Amen; I will take His lead and I will follow!! (Goes so well with our Hind’s Feet devotional!) Beautiful song Barbie; thanks for sharing! Blessings and love sweet friend; I am praying for job opportunities sister!! ♥ Have a blessed weekend!
    Denise recently posted..Sticks and Stones

September 13, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Thanks so much Denise! I appreciate you!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    September 13, 2014 at 6:16 am

Beautiful Barbie!! Staying in his arms is the best place ever. And what’s even better….he never lets go.
    {hugs} We can do this girlie!!!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Home Tour :: Jewel Tones of Fall :: Dining Room

September 13, 2014 at 10:58 pm

AMEN Diane! So thankful for that truth!

Ginger Harrington
    September 13, 2014 at 7:20 am

What a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing this treat. Blessings.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..True Confessions of Super-Mom Syndrome

September 13, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Thanks for stopping by Ginger. Praying you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead.

Kathryn Ross
    September 13, 2014 at 7:38 am

Blessings, Barb! Hoping you have known the Lord’s encouragement this week in your trial. Taking a nice cuppa HOPE is just the ticket. Thanks for hosting!
    Joy!
    Kathy

September 13, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Kathryn, yes, I have experienced his closeness and goodness this week. Thanks for stopping by!

bluecottonmemory
    September 13, 2014 at 7:48 am

He gives us that Father-Daughter dance -doesn’t He – and He leads us just right if we want Him, too. Thank you for ministering to my heart-bruises today through your own challenge! Wishing you blessing, refreshing as you take the Father’s hand in your week!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..When the Zinnias Bloom Late

September 13, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Abundant blessings to you my friend!

June
    September 13, 2014 at 7:58 am

Music is one of His greatest gifts to us, don’t you think ? and He loves it when we use it to worship Him. I love how you see yourself, Barbie. I have a similar picture, in my mind’s eye and hope some day to be able to translate it to canvas. I’ve seen something in your writing these past couple of weeks that wasn’t there before. God is giving you what you need to walk this path. Have faith. Blessings and prayers, dear one.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . a change of color

September 13, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Thank you June! You bless me!

Amy Jung
    September 13, 2014 at 10:06 am

I’m so sorry you’re going through this season, Barbie. I can relate to uncertainty in this area of life. My husband and I just walked through it this time last year. Dark days. But also days in which I was so thankful for the light of life guiding us slowly but surely. I appreciate your continued perseverance!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Love Without Hesitation

September 13, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Thanks Amy! Despite the hard places and uncertain, we are trusting. We know that God is good and will not leave us. Blessings!

Dolly@Soulstops
    September 13, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Barbie,
    Beautiful song…So glad it is ministering to you…praying you continue to dance with your loving Father God…I’ve been listening to this song by Kari Jobe on repeat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq59iE3MhXM

hugs,
    Dolly
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..A prayer for Trust

September 13, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Oh Dolly, thank you for sharing that song with me. I’ve never heard that one before by Kari and let me tell you how much I needed to hear it. It spoke straight to my heart. Blessings!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondereda
    September 13, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Love that song!! It’s so beautiful!!!! I don’t know that I have ever heard it before…
    Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondereda recently posted..Five Minute Friday :: Ready (and Giveaway Winner reveal!)

September 13, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Have a blessed week Bevy!

Dawn
    September 13, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Isn’t it amazing how easily we forget how faithful He is. I love that he is always ready long before we are because it demonstrates not only his ever continual faithfulness but his faith in us as we finally come.. ready to close our eyes, lean back and let Him lead and sway in the rhythm He has created so long ago and has been singing over our hearts from the beginning.
    Your words lifted me up. Thank you for the reminder to listen to the song.
    Blessings,
    Dawn
    Dawn recently posted..Rehearse the Wonder of God

September 13, 2014 at 11:18 pm

So thankful you were blessed Dawn!

Mary Dolan Flaherty
    September 13, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I love Steffany Frizzel Gretzinger! I discovered her from listening to Bethel Church music, and I hadn’t realized that she had an album out. I need to get this album. Wonderful song. I got such a beautiful visual when I listened to it. Thank you for sharing and, as always, for hosting Weekend Brew
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Promoting Others

September 13, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Hi Mary. This song is on the Bethel Tides album. However, Steffany just released her solo album and it’s amazing! Thanks for stopping by!

Elizabeth
    September 13, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Everytime God brings you to mind or I see your name online I am praying and believing for a beautiful open door of God’s guidance and provision!

September 13, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Thank you Elizabeth! I have so many faithful prayer warriors lifting me up. I know a door will open soon. Hugs!

Julie Lefebure
    September 14, 2014 at 6:04 am

This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing this amazing song and your encouragement. It’s good to be reminded God is trustworthy and faithful and we have nothing to fear. He has us. So thankful for that truth today!
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..What I Learned This Week – September 13

September 14, 2014 at 4:32 pm

AMEN Julie! Have a blessed week.

Sandra Heska King
    September 14, 2014 at 6:09 am

The song you wrote for ME. Not someone else’s song. Praying for you this morning, friend.
    Sandra Heska King recently posted..Scripture Sunday: Moon and Sun

September 14, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Thanks so much Sandra!

Mary Geisen
    September 14, 2014 at 8:29 am

Absolutely beautiful! The words, the song and you, my friend! I love the image of dancing with Jesus and Him leading us in this dance of life. The song could be written for me at this time in my life too as big changes will be coming. Blessings for a beautiful Sunday!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Path

September 14, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Praying for you Mary. Changes are hard, even the small ones. Asking the Lord to increase your faith as you continue to lean on Him. Hugs!

Laurie Collett
    September 14, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Praise God that He leads us in the dance He choreographed for us! May we learn to always follow! Thanks for hosting & God bless.
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Dolls, or Friends?

September 14, 2014 at 4:38 pm

AMEN Laurie! Thanks for stopping by!

Heather @ My Overflowing Cup
    September 14, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Thank you for the reminder that this life is a dance and that we have the perfect partner! Thanks for the link-up, Barbie.
    Heather @ My Overflowing Cup recently posted..The Mountaintop Experience

September 15, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for your faithful visits Heather!

Ann
    September 15, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Wow, Barbie! What a beautiful song!! I love the singer…never heard of her, but she has a beautiful voice! Thanks for sharing it and for hosting every week! You are such a blessing to me every time I visit your blog!
    Ann recently posted..Vacation Isn’t Reality

September 15, 2014 at 8:39 pm

You’re welcome Ann. I would highly recommend getting Steffany’s full-length, newly release album. It’s amazing! Here is a link: http://bethelmusic.com/the-undoing/