46 In My 5 Minute Fridays/ Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Because (Five Minute Friday)

Today I am joining a beautiful community of writers for the Five Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes for the joy of writing.  No editing or backtracking necessary.  No need to be perfect.  This is where I get to write, letting it all go, allowing the words tucked away deep inside my heart to find their voice.

Because

FMF_Because

There were moments today when I felt as if I couldn’t breathe.  The weeks of putting my emotions in separate little compartments, in order to function and get through the tasks that needed to be accomplished leading up to today, well, they all came crashing down this evening.

Saying goodbye is never easy.  Saying goodbye to those who are like family, not just friends, those you run with in ministry is hard.  Sure, I will see them, every week, but my role that I’ve come to know and love here is ending, and really, I have yet to allow my emotions to have their way.

I know the Lord is kind.  He has a way of allowing us to tuck away our emotions, until such time that we can fully and completely meet them head on.  Because of His kindness, He will not allow me to be consumed.  He will allow me to experience the sadness. He will allow me to reflect on the seasons that have come and gone leading up to this day.  He will allow me to cry tears, because He promises to catch every one.

I’m not sure what this next season holds, but I know who holds the season.

[Tweet “The same God who allows the leaves to turn is turning the pages of my life. “]

I will choose to trust, because He has never failed me yet.  I will choose to lift my head, because the Son is shining.  I will choose to walk forth in confidence, knowing that He will open the next door, because my future is in His hands.

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  (Lamentations 3:22)

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Elizabeth
    September 26, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Praying for God to comfort and encourage you and still believing for open doors and provision!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 145:9…

September 27, 2014 at 10:42 pm

AMEN! Thank you!

Dawn Paoletta (@breathoffaith)
    September 26, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Barbie, beautiful words for a difficult season. I love the tweetable quote! And you are right…we walk through these emotions openly, acknowledging the pain and joy. It’s living life in the present. That open heart, open hand is such an important piece of the faith puzzle.
    Dawn Paoletta (@breathoffaith) recently posted..Introducing Planning with Purpose: 31 Days of Planner Tips – October 1-31

September 27, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Love you friend. Thanks for stopping by!

Denise
    September 27, 2014 at 3:28 am

Sweet Barbie,
    I love your words, and trust you will reflect on and receive all of His spiritual guidance and peace right now. He will open new doors, and you will bloom into another opportunity and direction soon! ♥
    Keeping you in my prayers dear friend! ♥
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Greener Pastures

September 27, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Thanks so much Denise!

Joanne Viola
    September 27, 2014 at 4:41 am

Because He will never let go of you, Barbie! Because He loves you! Because you are His! Because He has a plan for your life that you cannot even imagine. Because all He does is good!
    And because so many of us are praying for you!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..5 Hard but Needed

September 27, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Because I love you. That is all! Thank you.

Beth
    September 27, 2014 at 4:44 am

Even though I am on a blogging break I wanted to join your lovely community this weekend so I linked up. And I just love this post, friend, because it’s such beautiful honesty. Lifting you up in prayer. Thank you for reflecting His faithfulness through your words during this difficult season. Love you so much. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..He’s Home!

September 28, 2014 at 7:44 am

Thank you friend. I’ve been enjoying the photos of you and your love together. What bliss!

Ginger Harrington
    September 27, 2014 at 5:23 am

Sweet consolations from the God of all comfort. May you truly experience him as your comforter today. My heart is with you. Thank you for sharing words of faith in the midst of all of this.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..When “Because” is a Good Answer

September 28, 2014 at 7:44 am

He is comforting my heart. Thank you Ginger!

Amy Bowman
    September 27, 2014 at 6:34 am

“He has a way of allowing us to tuck away our emotions, until such time that we can fully and completely meet them head on. Because of His kindness, He will not allow me to be consumed.” –sweet reminding words. Love hearing how your heart is & knowing I am not alone in emotions put on hold then tumbling out. He is so very kind!

September 28, 2014 at 7:45 am

Thanks so much for stopping by Amy!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondereda
    September 27, 2014 at 7:40 am

Beautiful words, Barbie!! thinking of you and praying for you…and I know whatever it is… it’s not easy. But, because of HIM… you can hold his hand through this time. And you can rest there!!

Psalm 107:24-31
    Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondereda recently posted..Five Minute Friday :: Because…

September 28, 2014 at 7:46 am

AMEN Bevy! Thank you!

Carol
    September 27, 2014 at 8:20 am

Beautiful expression of this season of life. I pray that God will give you comfort and joy in a new direction. Thank-you for hosting this community and thank-you for sharing your heart! Blessings.
    Carol recently posted..A Hole in the Post

September 28, 2014 at 7:46 am

Blessings to you Carol!

Heather @ My Overflowing Cup
    September 27, 2014 at 10:04 am

I love the image and the reminder that no matter what changes we face, our faithful God never changes. That is one thing we can count on. I wrote a blog post about trusting Him with our story, if you want to check it out (But What If It’s Not A Happy Ending?) Not sure if it’s okay to add links to the comments. Anyway, Barbie, thank you for the reminder and the link-up. Know that I will be praying for you. Keep the faith! Like Ann Voskamp says, “God is always good and we are always loved.”
    Heather @ My Overflowing Cup recently posted..7 Things To Keep When Money Is Tight

September 28, 2014 at 7:47 am

Thank you Heather. I hope to check out the post. Have a beautiful week ahead.

Cathy
    September 27, 2014 at 10:10 am

“The same God who allows the leaves to turn is turning the pages of my life.”…what a beautiful thought. Thanks for sharing your heart here.
    Cathy recently posted..God is My Rock

September 28, 2014 at 7:47 am

Thanks for stopping by Carol!

child of God
    September 27, 2014 at 11:56 am

Hi Barbie,
    Change and saying goodbye is very tough, especially for one as sensitive as you are. Praying that Father will lead you to a job that will fill the spot in you, not to replace your old job or friends, but to expand the work He is doing in you and that this new place will bring you joy and bring glory to Father’s Kingdom.

Love and hugs.
    child of God recently posted..Mesothelioma Awareness

September 28, 2014 at 7:49 am

I’ve missed you my friend. Thank you for stopping by and encouraging my heart. Looking forward to catching up.

Mollie Hardman
    September 27, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Oh, I am praying for you friend. Let the emotions pour out and then let Him fill you up again. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you next!
    Mollie Hardman recently posted..Five Minute Friday — Because

September 28, 2014 at 7:50 am

Thank you Mollie!

bluecottonmemory
    September 27, 2014 at 7:05 pm

He does do that – allow us to compartmentalize our emotions until we can deal with them! Lots of changes on the horizon here, too – some challenges, too. I am so glad He holds the plan!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..because chocolate mint leaves . . .

September 28, 2014 at 7:51 am

It’s comforting to know that in the midst of changes, He is always the same.

Dawn
    September 27, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Sometimes we don’t see the beauty in our pain until we have turned around to see what God has done. There is great faith in your testimony and I pray for strength and comfort as you place one foot in front of the other. You shared such raw truth, He will not allow us to be consumed, but he will allow us to cry … and we can know He catches our tears, and trust that each one is valued.

May you be encouraged.
    Blessings,
    Dawn
    Dawn recently posted..Lean Gently upon Hope

September 28, 2014 at 7:51 am

“Sometimes we don’t see the beauty in our pain until we have turned around to see what God has done.” Looking forward to that day. Thank you for stopping by!

June
    September 27, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Amen, Barbie! I’m so proud of you and how you are living your faith out loud, trusting God, one day at a time. Praying for you, this weekend especially, and beyond.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . the cost

September 28, 2014 at 7:52 am

Thank you June!

Holly Barrett
    September 28, 2014 at 5:30 am

I’ve thought about you all week, friend and pray that Friday went as well as it could. I know the pain of leaving a beloved job and know that God will open doors as you seek to follow His will in this next stage of life. Love you! xoxo
    Holly Barrett recently posted..neither height nor depth

September 28, 2014 at 7:52 am

I feel your prayers Holly. Thank you!

Mary Geisen
    September 28, 2014 at 6:56 am

Beautiful! Because God’s love never fails, because He is true to His word and because He will provide-you will gracefully travel into this next season. Prayers and hugs are coming your way.
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Dawn

September 28, 2014 at 7:52 am

Love you Mary! Thank you!

Julie Lefebure
    September 28, 2014 at 11:13 am

Barbie, oh, how I can relate to you and to what you may be experiencing. You have such a beautifully high perspective of God, Who will carry you through. He’s got you, and He’s got this. He’ll bring good out of it. I’ll be lifting you in prayer daily, friend. Sending long-distance hugs your way.
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..God Sees You And He Cares

September 28, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Julie, thank you so much! I know God has great plans for me. I sometimes wish He’d just give ma peak. 😉

Naomi@WhatJoyIsMine
    September 28, 2014 at 11:16 am

Barbie….Yes, your future is in His hands and He is faithful. I love the tweetable quote. It’s so true. Praying you continue to trust and believe in the perfect plan He has for you friend. Thank you for hosting and have a sweet week in the Lord.
    Naomi@WhatJoyIsMine recently posted..Original You — Wonderfully Created By His Design

September 28, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Thank you Naomi! Blessings!

Becky Daye
    September 28, 2014 at 12:02 pm

It is so hard to go through times of transition- especially when you don’t know the end result. But your trust in God is beautiful! And that verse from Lamentations is one that I cling to! “Yet this I call to mind and therefore, I have hope!”
    Becky Daye recently posted..Five Minute Friday~ Because

September 28, 2014 at 7:34 pm

AMEN Becky! Thank you.

Rachel Rusticus @redeemingher
    September 28, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Hello Barbie, stopping by to stand in this gap with you in prayer. He never fails us and claiming this for you today!
    Rachel Rusticus @redeemingher recently posted..My 100th Post: Stretching into Hope!

September 28, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Rachel, thank you so much! I so appreciate your prayers. I am not without hope!

Amy Tilson
    September 30, 2014 at 11:40 am

Barbie,
    You are a picture of grace and patience through transition. Hard times grow our trust in ways that routine can’t. Excited to see what door opens in front of you.
    Amy Tilson recently posted..Because – Five Minute Tuesday

October 1, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Thank you so much Amy. God’s presence is with me. I shall not faint.