27 In Faith/ My 5 Minute Fridays

Day 10: In His Care (Five Minute Friday)

Day10_Change

This post is part of a 31 day series on change, where I share my reflections in just 5 minutes.  To read all of the posts in this series, click here.

BlogDivider

Care

Day10_Care

Today was a hard day. It started out good, but then an unexpected financial situation came up which threw me for a loop, and I tail spun into anxiety and fear, and I wondered where God was in the midst of all of this change.

You see, in my weakness, I can easily fall into the sin of not recognizing that He is the Ever-Present God, the One who said He would never leave me.  When my flesh fights against feelings of loneliness, fear and anxiety, my brain automatically tells me that God is not in the situation. In my weakness, I believe the lie that says He is not moving on my behalf, that He will not provide for my needs, and that I will not overcome this bump in the road.

I knew I had allowed myself to fall into the sin of unbelief, and I needed help.  I couldn’t think and I almost couldn’t breathe.  It was then that I reached out on Facebook to a few sisters to hold me up in prayer.  And what happened next brought me to tears.

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.23.49 PM

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.24.55 PM

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.26.45 PM Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.27.04 PM Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.27.19 PM

One of my blogging friends listed a call to prayer on my behalf, in the middle of the Five Minute Friday Twitter party, of which I wasn’t even present!  There were so many sweet friends who took the time to show their love and care for me via tweeted prayers.  I am continually amazed at the community that I am surrounded with in this crazy world of blogging.  Needless to say, I had a good cry.

But it didn’t stop there.  God continued to show his care for me through Facebook messages, one in particular I so needed, because she reminded me of who my God was, and that His care for me is endless:

Jehovah ~
I Am Who I Am (I AM enough!)

Jehovah Shammah ~
The Lord is There, our ever present help in time of need

El Roi ~
The God Who Sees her situation, her needs, and her fears

El Gibbor ~
Mighty Warrior who will fight Barbie’s battles FOR her, she only need stand firm & watch your deliverance

Adonai Tsuri ~
The Lord My Rock who will remain steady amidst this storm

Jehovah Raah ~
The Lord My Shepherd, Barbie shall NOT lack ANYTHING

Jehovah Nissi ~
The Lord is My Banner of protection against the darts (lies) of the enemy

Jehovah Rapha ~
The Lord Who Heals every wound (physically, mental, emotional, spiritual and FINANCIAL)

Jehovah Shalom ~
The Lord is Peace who has broken down every dividing wall (lies of the enemy,
dividing us from the Truth of God’s word, by tapping into our fears!)

Jehovah Jireh ~
The Lord WILL Provide

Friend, CLING to these promises! Jesus IS ENOUGH!

[Tweet “When I forget that God cares, He reminds me through the care, compassion and prayers of others.”]

He reminded me through sisters far and wide, meeting up together for the #fmfparty, who took just a moment to show they cared.  My heart is strengthened and I am encouraged to keep persevering through this trial.

I am in His care.  This I know.  It will all be okay.

*This post was written in more than 5 minutes.

Linking up with my sweet sisters over at the Five Minute Friday!

Elizabeth
    October 9, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I’m so blessed by the way the body of Christ works! You are not alone!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Friday Favs……Crockpot Posole

October 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Thank you, my sweet friend!

Jedidja
    October 9, 2014 at 11:24 pm

God is so much bigger and so much more holy and so much more merciful than we think. He fills us day by day with his mercy. Sometimes he wants to see what is in our hearts, so He tests us. Let us thank Him for His everlasting care and comfort for us, for the dear friends we have and their prayers. And … for the assurance that He loves us FOREVER.
    Jedidja recently posted..In de knoop en lichter leven

October 12, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Thank you Jedidja! I appreciate you!

Mary Geisen
    October 10, 2014 at 3:21 am

You are loved so well and so deep by many but none more than by Our Heavenly Father who desires to smooth away the worry and draw you close into His protective embrace. May all the prayers being lifted for you and your family ascend to the heights and touch the heart of God mightily. Blessings for rest, peace and a knowing that all will be okay!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Oprah’s Courage or God’s?…{following our passion}

October 12, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Thank you Mary. You are such a gift to me. I’ve told you that before. But you are such a treasured friend.

Kristin Smith
    October 10, 2014 at 3:43 am

Oh how I love this community of sisters. Praise God that He used these women to show you how much He loves you as well!! {{Hugs friend!!}}
    Kristin Smith recently posted..31 Days of Finding God – CARE

October 12, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I was truly overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and prayers.

Chris Malkemes
    October 10, 2014 at 4:05 am

Yep! Sista. Ya got it. We are the body of Christ. How awesome to see it move. God is the God of His Word and I knew you will be “richer” for what He’s doing in your life right here – right now.
    Chris Malkemes recently posted..What is a Berean?

October 12, 2014 at 3:03 pm

My life has been made richer, so much richer!

Cynthia
    October 10, 2014 at 6:19 am

This is a touching post of what a community of believers can do for each other. Through Jesus, we are powerful!!! I will keep you in my prayers, too. And, I hope that you will do the same for me. Sincerely, Cynthia
    Cynthia recently posted..The Turning of Pages in Life

October 12, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Yes, Cynthia, holding you up in prayer. Have a blessed week.

Somer
    October 10, 2014 at 6:38 am

wow. you were surrounded by love. I loved your tweet. that God shows us He cares through the hearts of others around us. How true. How beautiful. How wonderful when we get to be that person to others. Also, i loved the list of the names of God. I always love reading over those and then thinking which is my favorite way to address Him. WOW. great post!
    Somer recently posted..Five Minute Fridays : Care Packages

October 12, 2014 at 3:06 pm

So thankful you stopped by Somer!

Melissa
    October 10, 2014 at 7:20 am

I think it’s so lovely and refreshing to hear of the love you’ve received, especially when you needed it most. Blessings to you,
    Melissa (here via both 5MF and 31Days)
    Melissa recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Care

Tara
    October 10, 2014 at 7:56 am

“When I forget that God cares, He reminds me through the care, compassion and prayers of others.” Yes!! I too am humbled and amazed by the people I have met this past week through my blog. Thankful I found you too! Have a blessed day!
    Tara recently posted..Hey, You, Child of God!

October 12, 2014 at 3:06 pm

May His blessings abound in your life Tara!

Amy P Boyd
    October 10, 2014 at 8:23 am

I was so glad when I saw you had linked up today. My prayers continue for you sweet friend. It is okay to cry and to wonder how things will work out but just trust that He cares for you so much. As we all pray He is holding you in His right hand guiding your path.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..Care {Five-Minute Friday}

October 12, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I am truly thankful for you Amy. I appreciate your love and prayers.

Debbie Williamson
    October 10, 2014 at 9:25 am

We are all in His care, but for some reason, we believe the lie that He has forgotten us. What a blessing you had this week, that in the middle of your storm, these women came and spoke peace to you — they were Jesus saying STOP, BE STILL to the wind and the waves. The suffering abounds, 2 Cor.1 says, but His comfort abounds even more! Praise be to God for the comfort that came your way this week. Receive His care and His comfort for you today.
    Debbie Williamson recently posted..Five Minute Friday — Care

October 12, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Thank you Debbie!

~Karrilee~
    October 10, 2014 at 10:01 am

Oh sweet friend… I love how He showed up for you, through this crazy webosphere! Praying for you still – believing our good God will turn things around, and more than meet your needs – financial, emotional, relational, physical… every kind of need and every one of them! Love you so!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Day TEN – CARE (A Five Minute Friday post)

October 12, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Thank you Karrilee. I am believing for that breakthrough this week!

Carol
    October 10, 2014 at 12:31 pm

You know, this is just amazing. I was scrolling through the #FMFparty tweets last night and wondering how it all works. My writing buddy is a big part of it and I just haven’t really gotten it as when I scroll through, it doesn’t really make much sense. I LOVE the writing community but I see real relationships growing and it’s awesome. I saw that prayer request last night, and prayed, but didn’t know who you were. Now I get another side of the story and that is just a blessing to me. Thanks for being vulnerable and real! God bless!
    Carol recently posted..When Strangers Care Enough to Give

October 12, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Thank you Carol. I am surrounded by such a loving and caring community. So thankful God brought me to the crazy world of blogging.

Dolly@Soulstops
    October 10, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Barbie,
    I am so glad your sisters surrounded you with prayer and love…praying you are feeling encouraged and His Love and peace surrounds you.
    Hugs,
    Dolly
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..A Prayer for Wonder (& Penguins)

October 12, 2014 at 3:11 pm