Day 14: When You Want To Run Away

Day14_change

This post is part of a 31 day series on change, where I share my reflections in just 5 minutes.  To read all of the posts in this series, click here.

BlogDivider

Away

Day14_away

In  the midst of a major life change, it can all get overwhelming to the point where you just want to get up and run away.  But what would I be running from?  My family?  My house?  The mess in my house?  The expectation of finding a new job? I have to admit that I’ve wished that I could pack up and go. If I had my way, I would head to Hawaii or some other tropical place where I could sit out in the sun and listen to the ocean, forgetting about what was (or wasn’t) waiting for me at home.

But one can never really run away from life. No matter how much we want to bury our head in the sand and forget about the challenges that lay ahead, we simply have to be willing to endure. Its’ hard, painful at times, and I move through feelings of shock and disbelief, even still, but the reality is that my situation is not going away. There is no where I can go and hide.

I am thankful that God is always with me. Whether I am living high on a mountain top, or bending low in the valley, God is there.  He will never turn away from me, even on those days where I forget to invite Him in to the process.

[Tweet “I may want to run away. But God will always find me.”]

Join me as I share 5 Minute Reflections on Change by clicking the button below!

1. Mary says:

I may want to run away but God will always find me. Those words describe our relationship with God. No place will ever be too far from the loving embrace of God. He will always welcome us back and never leave our side. The truth in those words is the promise we can hold onto day after day. May those truths carry you through your storm.
    Mary recently posted..Oprah’s Courage or God’s?…{when I grow up}

• Barbie says:

I am so thankful that He goes with me no matter what. Even on those days when I retreat, and go away from Him, I think He draws closer.

2. Beth says:

Holding tightly to the truth that He is always with me is what got me through the months without my husband. It’s a comfort hard to explain. Praying for His presence to be even greater for you during this season. Love you. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..The Promised Land {Day 7: #write31days}

3. June says:

I’m one who craves solitude and quiet, so I have these thoughts even when things are going well, lol! It’s really our circumstances, not God, that we wish to leave. Knowing that He is there in the midst of every circumstance is a great comfort. I’m so thankful you know this Truth, Barbie. May He become the focus, the greater reality, to you as the days go by. Blessings.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . Day 15: Giving JOY

• Barbie says:

You are so right. I just want to run away and leave my circumstances behind. Thankful God surrounds me with His presence. Blessings!

4. charis says:

i often want to run away from the mess in my house!! so glad, however, that i can never run away from Him.
    charis recently posted..day 15: simplicity

5. Dayle says:

What would I do without the faithfulness of the Lord?
    Dayle recently posted..Postcards from the Road ~ Smoky Mountain Monday Musings

6. Debbie says:

I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve wanted to run away! When life is turned upside down, I want to run and hide. But God. He knows all the details of what is going on and I’ve learned to run to Him. He is a God who is faithful and His promises are true. Remember that Barbie!

Love you,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..What Do You Do When Life Gets Tough?