13 In Faith

Day 6: To Know The Truth

Day6_change

This post is part of a 31 day series on change, where I share my reflections in just 5 minutes.  To read all of the posts in this series, click here.

BlogDivider

Know

Day6_know

I had already planned that this post would be late. I am nearing the end of my book study on Hinds Feet on High Places.  So instead of writing two posts on the same day, I decided to push this one off a day late, and then combine the next two and catch up. We shall see.

Today was a hard day, emotionally. You would think being off work and having all kinds of time on my hands I would want to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather, or shopping, or going over to the next town and visiting my parents.  But, I really didn’t want to do much of anything, let alone write a blog post. I did have a friend over, and we watched the Pursuit of Happyness, and it reminded me of how God pursues me and is the only One who brings true and lasting happiness.

Wow, I totally forgot that this post was to be written in just 5 minutes and well, I am very much off topic.

Give me grace. I do not know where this is going.

As I continue walking out this current season, I am convinced that it is so important to speak life and truth over myself, especially on the hard days. I’ve had moments where I’ve let my guard down, and lies and untruths have crept in. But mediating on the truth of God, knowing that His promises toward me are true, bring me so much comfort.

In order to simplify and wrap this up in 5 minutes (which are now more like 10) Here are some scriptures that I believe are important to know when you find yourself facing changes and challenges in your life.

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1-2 ESV)

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
(Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
(Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT)

Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
(Matthew 6:26 ESV)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

*This post was written in over 5 minutes.

Join me as I share 5 Minute Reflections on Change by clicking the button below!

Rosann
    October 7, 2014 at 7:14 am

I love following you through this 31 Day journey, my friend, and oh how I wish I lived close enough that I could just pop in and watch something inspiring with you, while enjoying a cup of coffee together. I’m praying for you every single day, sweet friend. Every single day. Hang in there.
    Rosann recently posted..In Sickness and in Health: Keeping Your Marriage Strong when a Chronic Illness Happens

October 8, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Thank you Rosann. Just knowing I have people lifting me up brings such comfort. I have my good days, and my not so good ones. I know that God will come through!

Cherie
    October 7, 2014 at 8:34 am

Keep going! Change is hard but let yourself enjoy the downtime as well. Thinking of you.
    Cherie recently posted..Vintage Ladder Decor – 31 Days of Junque Decor

October 8, 2014 at 9:48 pm

That’s such great advice Cherie, to enjoy the downtime. Blessings!

Chrissy
    October 7, 2014 at 10:42 am

I know it must be hard, letting go and accepting the new. I am sure things will resolve themselves. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. But try to enjoy the downtime – you will see, in no time you will be busy again!
    Chrissy recently posted..Day 7 // Feedback

October 8, 2014 at 9:49 pm

That’s so true Chrissy! I’d better relax while I can.

Carrie
    October 7, 2014 at 11:33 am

Love Proverbs 3:5-6. Trying to memorize and seal it in my heart, but memorization isn’t easy for me, no matter how short! My very first scripture memory verse was Joshua 1:9 and I continue to reach for it. So important for us to have God’s Words at the ready. Oh how the enemy steers us off course! You are in my thoughts and prayers always. Hugs!
    Carrie recently posted..A New View

October 8, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Thank you friend. I so appreciate you!

SharonB
    October 7, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Oh Barbie, This is so true. We must focus on truth, take it up and preach it to ourselves, especially on the hard days. I’ve been where you are and it’s hard…saying a prayer for you.
    SharonB recently posted..Surrender to Grace

October 8, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Thank you for your prayers SharonB! Blessings!

Charis
    October 7, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Thanks for the encouraging verses- those are some of my favorites.
    Charis recently posted..day 7: giving thanks is a choice

October 8, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Hugs!

June
    October 9, 2014 at 5:55 pm

A great collection of go to scriptures, Barbie! I’m glad to see you’re giving yourself some grace here as well.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . Day 9: Rejoice