26 In Featured Guests

This Holy Ground (A Song) – Featured Writer Dana Butler

FeaturedWriter_DanaButler

Friends, today I am so excited to introduce you to my dear friend, Dana Butler.  I’ve followed Dana’s blog for a number of years and I just adore her.  She is genuine and has such  heart for the Lord and for others.  I just know you be blessed as she shares today.  Please leave her a comment, and take a moment to visit her blog.  You will be encouraged!

Hello, sweet friends! This week has found me trying, trying, and trying again to wrangle and wrap words around deep, burning places inside me, to compose a coherent, authentic piece to share with you here.

And the more I tried, the more “blocked” I felt.

Blocked, that is, until I asked for prayer on my personal Facebook wall. And y’all? My friends instantly surrounded me. 40 plus women covered me and my writing process in prayer that evening. I was undone by the support.

And within just minutes, I knew: The burning in my bones? It wasn’t a blog post. It was a song.

A song which Barbie has graciously given me permission to share here with you today, via raw, unedited iPhone video.

So today I’m thankful for Barbie’s kind hospitality, and honored to be here with you all, inviting you into my heart before Jesus. May this offering be a pleasing fragrance to His heart, and a blessing to yours, my friends.

This Holy Ground
All I know to do
Is bleed this fiery love all over you
To lie here on this floor
Watch the angels trav’ling up and down
And through that open door
To and from the heavens

Surely you are in this place
And you are stirring me awake

And if the greatest danger’s living
Only half awake and half aware
Of a dimming flame
Then let there be a shaking
Let awakening reach into my very core
‘Cause I’m alive for more
God I burn for more

And I don’t wanna miss this holy ground
©2014 Dana Butler

As a part of her 31 Days series, Dana has been sharing one new song per week during the month of October. If you’re interested in hearing her other songs from this month, you can find them here.

Dana Business Card ShotWriter and worship leader, Dana relishes being married to her web-developing, Gospel-teaching husband of 7 years. Both musicians and people-loving introverts, Stan and Dana are in the process of moving from Kansas City, MO to Denver, CO. Dana frolics full time with their 2 littles (one biological, one adopted), and carves out moments in the margins of her days to craft authentic sentences and songs. At her blog, you can find her pressing in to uncover and respond to God’s tenderness in the midst of all that’s messy and unanswerable. She tweets and Instagrams as @DanaKButler, and also invites you to connect with her on Facebook.

Tara
    October 29, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I’m so glad to have found you both. I too have fallen in love with Dana as a sister in Christ over these 31 days. Loved this song Dana!

Dana Butler
      October 30, 2014 at 11:47 am

Tara, I am so thrilled to have connected with you over this month, friend. Thank you so much for being here, for your encouragement. You bless me so hugely.

Sarah
    October 29, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Dana, your heart for Him, continually spurs me on for more…more of His presence, more of His love, more of His heart, more of Him. Thank you for listening and for sharing what you’ve heard with us. I love you, friend.

Beth Stiff
    October 30, 2014 at 3:56 am

Two beautiful hearts in the same place. Just lovely. And what a beautiful song, Dans. I truly am loving getting to know you better these past few weeks. Blessings to you both.

Lori Harris
    October 30, 2014 at 4:34 am

Dana!!!!!!!!!!! So beautiful friend! You have such a gift and your love of Jesus spurs me on to love Him more. Thank you for sharing your gift. Love you dearly.
    Lori Harris recently posted..Days 18-31 {When A Church Doesn’t Take Root}

Jessica
    October 30, 2014 at 5:35 am

absolutly loved this!!!! Beautiful!

Susan Shipe
    October 30, 2014 at 6:08 am

Beautiful. Love this, Dana.
    Susan Shipe recently posted..day 30 of hope

Jenny
    October 30, 2014 at 8:19 am

Good for you! All for the Glory of God!
    Jenny recently posted..A Good Wife Makes Her Husband Happy

Dana Butler
    October 30, 2014 at 11:53 am

AMEN, Jenny. For His glory and fame.
    Dana Butler recently posted..Day 30: That Song Y’all Prayed Me Through the Other Night {a guest post at Barbie’s place}

Christin Slade
    October 30, 2014 at 12:55 pm

A-mazing Dana. The words are powerful and your voice is just beautiful!! So glad I got to hear you since I couldn’t at Allume. 😉 Keep letting Him lead you — He’s got purpose for you my friend!! xoxo
    Christin Slade recently posted..Chicken Breast Parmesan Bake

Cynthia
    October 30, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Dana,
    This is a beautiful song and full of your heart and soul. I am on my way to listen to your other songs! Blessings to you and Barbie!
    Cynthia recently posted..The Turning of Pages in Life

Anita Ojeda
    October 30, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Beautiful, Dana! Thank you for the blessing :).
    Anita Ojeda recently posted..Sticky Fingers

Missy
    October 30, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Dana – your words are touching. Feeling His spirit stir me awake is the best feeling.
    Missy recently posted..Hooked on a Feeling

Janet Cafer
    October 30, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Dana, we are one in Spirit. our heart cry the same.. I do not want to miss this Holy ground… awaken me, Lord..

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    October 30, 2014 at 10:21 pm

My first time here…lovely song!

We have a sanctuary for abused dogs, and when I played the video you had an attentive audience of half a dozen Pit Bulls.