37 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Moving Forward And An Introduction

Fall

I cannot tell you how blessed I am to be in community with you all.  I am truly thankful to God, every day, that He brought me to this big world of blogging and has allowed me to share my life with you.  Your comments, messages and emails give me hope and breathe life into my soul.  You have helped to keep me moving forward during a time when I’d rather just not move at all.

It’s been a hard week, but hopefully next week will be better!  I just have to keep my head up, looking unto Jesus, believing that He will do what He said He would do.  He is my strength and I put my trust in Him.  Sometimes, I admit, I allow negative thoughts into my head.  It’s then I have to keep reminding myself of who it is He says that I am.

[Tweet “I am His Daughter, chosen and anointed for such a time as this!”]

I have a phone interview on Monday morning at a firm I would LOVE to work at, with exceptional pay and great benefits.  Keep me in your prayers on Monday at 10AM (PST)!

I’ve been praying about how to keep things moving forward here on the blog until I feel released again to write more regularly. One of the things I do not want to neglect is this community here at The Weekend Brew. You are my people.  You faithfully come here each week to link up your encouraging posts and I really do enjoy reading your words and encouraging you. I thought about taking the next couple of months off. I know that you wouldn’t mind and I know you’d be here when I returned. But the thought of that made me so sad.

For a while now, God has been speaking to me about The Weekend Brew link up. I’m not ready to share just yet what may be happening behind the scenes, but I am excited! I believe God is giving me a  clear direction for this link up for the future. In the meantime, I’ve reached out for help to someone who has become a dear blogging friend.  And she said yes!  This beautiful heart is coming alongside me to help manage The Weekend Brew, at least through the end of the year. I am so excited to do community with her here in this space.

MaryI want to introduce you to Mary at Passage Through Grace. I know many of you already know her. She’s shared her beautiful and inspiring words in this space before.  Mary will be co-writing posts for The Weekend Brew for the next couple of months, as well as helping to respond to comments and visiting the blogs that link up.  Sometimes it takes a village, or at least one other willing and able person to come along side of you to help keep things going.

I want to share with you a few of my favorite posts from Mary’s blog.  I hope you will click over to read.

Five Minute Friday – Whisper

The Perfect No

What If

Come back on November 1st for Mary’s first post at The Weekend Brew!

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

*photo credit

Cathy
    October 25, 2014 at 2:17 am

Barbie, I will be praying for your interview. So thankful Mary is going to help you keep things going. I am still inactive from the injury. I need surgery and it will possibly be soon. Don’t know how it will affect my blogging. I am standing in prayer for you. Blessings! Cathy
    Cathy recently posted..How To Serve Your Community!

October 25, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Oh Cathy, I’m sorry to hear you are facing surgery. Praying your recovery and healing will be quick. Hugs!

Joanne Viola
    October 25, 2014 at 4:07 am

Barbie, So excited for both you & Mary as you join together in this! You both are encouragers & sure to encourage one another AND all of us in the days ahead! I look forward to seeing all that God will do!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Day 25: From Circling Around – 4

October 25, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Thanks Joanne!

Lyli @3-D Lessons for Life
    October 25, 2014 at 5:09 am

Welcome, Mary!
    Continued prayers for you, Barbie
    I am running out to meet a friend for prayer this AM, but will try to stop by later today to visit with our weekend friends. Hugs to all!
    Lyli @3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Hold Fast in Hard Times — Watch Your Step (Day 25)

October 25, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Praying you had a blessed day Lyli!

Heather
    October 25, 2014 at 6:15 am

I’ll be praying God’s will over your life and favor for the great job! I keep you in my prayers. ❤️
    And I love Mary so much! She’s joined me in my new ALLIN Ministry too! Love you both and I know you’ll be a great team!
    Heather recently posted..The Every Second of Living {Why I Don’t Let One Pass}

October 25, 2014 at 10:52 pm

You are a blessing Heather. Thank you!

Mary Dolan Flaherty
    October 25, 2014 at 6:39 am

sounds like God is working in your life regardless of how you feel! Isn’t it great that He knows what’s best for us? Like Mary’s “Perfect No.” May He bless your coming in and your going out.
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Overcoming Negativity: Day 24: Whatever is Lovely

October 29, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Thanks for stopping by Mary. I’m trying to let go and allow Him to have His way. Blessings!

Amy Jung
    October 25, 2014 at 6:44 am

Welcome Mary! Thank you for helping Barbie!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Trusting in the Name of the Lord Our God

Beth
    October 25, 2014 at 6:53 am

Praying for your interview, Barbie. And it’s so lovely to see friends coming together to support and encourage one another. I just love this. Love your heart for community. Much love. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..It started with a DARE {Day 25: #write31days}

October 29, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I’m sure you heard the interview didn’t happen. I was crusted but am finally climbing out of my self-imposed pit. I am so thankful for you, and Mary, and countless others.

Joan
    October 25, 2014 at 7:14 am

I’ll be praying for your interview on Monday and am excited to hear what God does through it! and…Welcome, Mary! What a blessing you are to come alongside Barbie right now! Blessings to both of you!!

In Him, Joan
    Joan recently posted..From Isolation to Community

October 29, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Thanks for stopping by Joan, and for your continued prayers.

Cynthia
    October 25, 2014 at 8:26 am

Praying for you, Barbie! Welcome, Mary! Joy and Peace~
    Cynthia recently posted..The Turning of Pages in Life

October 29, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I appreciate your prayers Cynthia!

child of God
    October 25, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I will be in prayer for you during this interview. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Blessings hon.
    child of God recently posted..The Light Exposes Who We Really Are

October 29, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I was so crushed when it didn’t happen. Praying for breakthrough soon!

Lea
    October 25, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Oh, Barbie, will certainly be praying for you on Monday. I pray the Lord will see fit to honor your desire in this interview. And, so glad you found someone to partner with for The Weekend Brew. That will relieve you and yet you will know that it is being well taken care of. Blessings abundant to you during this difficult season of life. Hugs to you!
    Lea recently posted..Friday Letters

October 29, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I appreciate your prayers Lea!

Dawn
    October 25, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Praying for your Monday to be filled with His favor and many reminders of His abundance.
    Looking forward to Mary’s words as they coincide with yours and the direction the Lord has for you both.
    Bless you!
    Dawn
    Dawn recently posted..Leaning Confidently

October 29, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Thank you Dawn!

Julie Lefebure
    October 25, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I’m continuing to pray for you, Barbie, and I’ll be praying for your interview. God is with you. Rest in Him. Take care of you. You are a gift. Big hugs to you, friend!
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..How Do I Love My Enemies?

October 29, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Thanks Julie. I am blessed by you!

Elizabeth
    October 25, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I am praying for your interview!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 117:2…

October 29, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I am disappointed it didn’t happen, but am trusting in His plan.

SharonB
    October 26, 2014 at 9:28 am

So excited for your interview tomorrow! Praying for you!!
    SharonB recently posted..Irresistible Grace

October 29, 2014 at 10:05 pm

I was so disappointed when the interview was canceled. But I am believing God is moving heaven and earth on my behalf.

Janis Cox
    October 26, 2014 at 2:33 pm

What a fabulous idea Barbie. I too am in the midst of trying to decide what to do in regards to writing and painting. Between social media and blogging and living there doesn’t seem to be any other time. I have decided to stop my contributors to Under the Cover of prayer – that takes a lot of work. But I too don’t want to drop my linking community of friends at Sunday Stillness.
    Blessings to you as you move forward,
    Janis
    Janis Cox recently posted..Sunday Stillness – Are You Hearing from God?

October 29, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Praying with you, Janis, that God will give you insight and strategy. Aren’t the link up communities wonderful?

Mary Geisen
    October 27, 2014 at 3:18 am

Barbie-You know that prayers are being lifted up as I write this. Thank you for opening up your home to me and I look forward to being able to hang out here with my words that God so graciously provides me. You are a treasure and as you move through your Monday know how much you are loved by God and others. Love and hugs my friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes- Courage

October 29, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Love you Mary! Looking forward to your words gracing this space.

Ashley
    October 27, 2014 at 8:16 am

This is wonderful! Praying for you and God’s direction!

October 29, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Thanks Ashley!

Diana Rockwell
    October 29, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I am so excited for what is coming in November. I hope to be a part of the plan. Love you my friend Diana
    Diana Rockwell recently posted..Blessings-United

October 29, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Thank you Diana! Thankful I have met you through blogging.