Let Us Gather For A Daily Cup Of Grace

Welcome, friends, to my new home on the inter web.  I am so thankful that you are here.

I have been considering this change for a while now, and with my life being in a state of change and transition, right now seemed like a great time for a change.  I have loved blogging under “My Freshly Brewed Life” over the last 6 years.  But over the years, this home on the web has become so much more than a place for me to share my personal journey. It’s become a place where friendships have been made, community has been formed and encouragement has been given and received. God has given me a heart for women, and my heart has grown so much for each of you who take time away from your busy schedules to stop and read these words. My prayer has always been that they would first bring glory to the Lord, and secondly, that they would offer you hope and encouragement on your own journey.

So why the change?

I struggled for a long time about changing my URL to my name. (It is not fully changed over yet.  Right now you can access my site either way.) I never felt like I was anyone special, and that I didn’t need to have authorship tied to my words, that My Freshly Brewed Life was enough of a catchy name that people would remember. And then I self-published a book, and am working on a second, and I realized that all of the other places you will find me on the web have my in-real-life name attached to them. So why not? I am still the same person. I am simply stepping out from underneath the blanket of living a freshly brewed life to offer you even more real authentic worship as I seek to honor and bring glory to the Lord in this space. For now, I’ve done a simple redirect and you can access this space through barbieswihart.com as well as myfreshlybrewedlife.com.  Over the next several months, I will be moving away from MFBL altogether.  If you’d like to update your readers now, you may. But I will give you ample warning before the MFBL URL (at least for this blog) goes away.

What will change?

Most things will remain the same. My writing style will remain devotional centered and I will continue to blog about what I am learning on my faith journey, as well as continue to host The Weekend Brew (which, by the way, needs a page!). One of the main ways this space will change even more beginning next year is that it will be a place for us to gather, women of all ages and all walks of life, to receive a daily cup of His grace.  As I pondered whether to keep my previous blog name as my tagline, I discovered that I wanted something that spoke more of community. I believe most days it takes a village to make a blog successful, and by successful I mean being able to continually write and share words that will encourage your heart. I have met so many wonderful women along the way, and I have no problem inviting them in to share their gift with you here.

Does “daily” mean there will be new content every day? No. But I promise you that when you visit here, whether it’s once a week or 3x a week, you will receive grace enough for each day. He wants to fill your cup. [Tweet “Will you come, and sit awhile and allow Him to fill your cup with His daily grace?”]

I hope you will continue to be encouraged in this space. There are a few housekeeping things I am still working on. If you see anything that doesn’t make sense, or a link that doesn’t work, will you let me know?

I am truly thankful for each and every one of you. You make my life richer just by being here.

1. Your new online home is beautiful! 🙂
    LeeAnn G Taylor recently posted..Leaving a Legacy of Living in the Light: A Remembrance

2. Beth says:

Always beautiful, Barbie, because it’s always your heart reflected in all you do. Thank you for how you love on us and continually encourage, even during a difficult season. Your friendship is a blessing to me. Much love. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: A New Home {Giveaway}

3. Carrie says:

I knew it would turn out fabulous! So excited for you and equally grateful I can visit your special place on the web. Congratulations, Friend!

4. Mary says:

Love your new look. Look forward to sharing many cups of grace with you.
    Mary recently posted..Hello, C’mon In..

5. Lisa says:

Love the new site 🙂

6. I love it. I am excited about this change.
    Jamie S. Harper recently posted..Why I am not going to finish the series

• Barbie says:

I am glad you are excited Jamie. I look forward to continuing to build a beautiful space for community on the web to gather.

7. Joan says:

I love it, Barbie! The changes are great…fresh and new! I love that you are using your name – a precious name to God and to us! I’m looking forward to seeing everything unfold here as you continue to update things.

Blessings & love, Joan
    Joan recently posted..Sharing His Beauty Blog Link Up

• Barbie says:

Thanks so much Joan. The name was a big stretch for me, but I felt that God gave me the go ahead and really is solidifying who I am called to be through it.

8. June says:

It’s so warm and welcoming, Barbie! A beautiful reflection of your true heart – looking forward to our times together here in this space. Have a blessed day!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . spontaneous praise

9. Love Love Love your heart and this new online space! I think you are doing right in moving everything over to your name, your branding yourself as a writer:) And you are a very good one!

Maybe you should start your own design business?? 🙂
    alecia simersky recently posted..Excuse Me, My Under Belly Is Showing (and why I’m a Christian)

• Barbie says:

Oh Alecia, I had help with this one. While i was able to do the last two, it was stressful and hard. So, I opted to have two fabulous ladies help me! But I am thinking about a little blog side business 🙂

10. Becky Keife says:

I love it here, Barbie! It shines with the same warmth and authenticity that your words have always enveloped. I’m proud of you for following the Lord in this new change and excited to gather with you here on the journey. Well done, friend.
    Becky Keife recently posted..Day 31: Untidy Closure, Questions, Confessions, and the Ultimate Awaken to Wonder Conclusion

11. Y’all have a heart for men, too.

Thanks for being. You’re important.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Would You Watch Your Spouse Die?

12. Teresa says:

Barbie, your new home is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!
    Teresa recently posted..What I Learned In October – A 31 Day Recap

13. Jacqui says:

Love it, Barbie. Exciting move!!

14. Wanda says:

I’m always encouraged and amazed when I come and see a fresh new space greeting me Barbie.
    Wanda recently posted..With Thanks

15. Dayle says:

Barbie, I love the new space and the new name. It’s perfect.
    Dayle recently posted..The Tangled Path

16. Mary Geisen says:

Yay! It looks beautiful and welcoming! I am so excited for a cup of daily grace and the inviting atmosphere you have created here. Love you friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..No Pre-approval Needed

17. Diana says:

I love the new look! Look forward to following you through the new URL!

18. Lea says:

What a warm and welcoming site. Blessings!
    Lea recently posted..The Creative Closet – Statement Necklaces

19. Beautiful new site.
    Diana Rockwell recently posted..Be Thankful-11

20. I love the new look, Barbie. It’s clean and beautiful!
    Heather @ My Overflowing Cup recently posted..A Letter To Our Son

21. How I love that you are trying something new. Community is such a blessing. Your heart of encouragement continues to bless me in so many ways, and I know I am one of many. How I have missed being a regular part of community of bloggers in this busy season of kicking off a new ministry and learning to write/social media in two lanes instead of one.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..Soul Faith: Do You Believe God is Good?