34 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Your Highest Purpose

These last several weeks have found me questioning my purpose. When you are asked to surrender what you thought was your main purpose in life, it can leave you wandering around in a desert questioning what on earth you are here for.

A few days ago, I happened to flip my daily devotional calendar, “Meet Me In the Meadow” by Roy Lessin. I hadn’t been using the calendar much, but what I read on the page I turned to had me marveling at God’s timing.

Old, stained, grungy paper background

My purpose right now in this season is not to strive for an answer as to my next destination as far as work. It’s not to ask God what season of ministry I am in or where I should be serving.

[Tweet “My highest purpose is not found in a job or ministry, but rather in Jesus.”]

My purpose right now, in this very moment, is to know God, to yield to His embrace, to listen for His voice, to be obedient to His will, to trust in His grace and to seek after His heart towards me.

God brought me these words at just the right time.  I hope that they will bless you today and meet you in your place of need.

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.

theweekendbrewbutton1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post (it’s in the footer of my site), or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

*photo background credit

Elizabeth
    November 21, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Beautiful quote, Barbie. Praying for good news for you on Monday!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Thanksgiving…

November 21, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Thanks so much Elizabeth!

Chrissy
    November 22, 2014 at 2:17 am

What a wonderful quote! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for Monday! Hoping for good news! Have a blessed weekend!
    Chrissy recently posted..Thursday // Awkward & Awesome

November 22, 2014 at 9:24 am

Thanks Chrissy! I’m hopeful.

Beth
    November 22, 2014 at 6:10 am

Great quote. It’s been a while since I have read something by Roy Lessin but always loved what he shared. Love you, friend. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..Just do something

November 22, 2014 at 9:26 am

I decided to pull the calendar off of my shelf and use it in 2015! Have a blessed weekend.

Jenny
    November 22, 2014 at 6:43 am

Thank your for sharing the encouraging word you received. It helped me to stop and consider, or reconsider, what I was worried about and what I was seeking.
    Jenny recently posted..Making Thanksgiving Traditions at Home

November 22, 2014 at 9:31 am

Thanks for stopping by and joining The Weekend Brew Jenny!

Kathryn Ross
    November 22, 2014 at 7:14 am

An inspiring and welcome reminder, Barb! In such a season of rest and intimacy, there is renewal and repurposing. I went through a season like that some time back, and God reset me onto the path I’m traveling now – fulfilling promises I had long laid aside. God is so good and faithful. May you know His blessings in your intimate season . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy
    Kathryn Ross recently posted..Mayflower Memoirs: Thanksgiving Part 3

November 22, 2014 at 9:32 am

He is good! I trust Him to place me on the path He desires for me. Have a blessed weekend Kathryn.

Pam
    November 22, 2014 at 7:22 am

Your words minister to me — God keeps ministering the same to me in this in between time… 🙂
    Pam recently posted..When you take a leap of faith…and offer up a dream

November 22, 2014 at 9:33 am

Thankful these words ministered to you Pam. Praying you have a blessed weekend.

Lyli @ 3-D Lessons for Life
    November 22, 2014 at 7:33 am

Love that quote, Barbie. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. 🙂

November 22, 2014 at 9:37 am

Thanks for stopping by Lyli. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

Joan
    November 22, 2014 at 8:02 am

So true, Barbie! Our purpose is found in Christ alone!

Blessings, Joan
    Joan recently posted..5 Tips for Deepening Your Relationship with God

November 22, 2014 at 9:37 am

AMEN!

Deb Wolf
    November 22, 2014 at 8:24 am

Barbie, I love the new look. It’s fresh and bright. I love this weekend party and I’m praying for good news! Blessings and hugs!
    Deb Wolf recently posted..Thankful for Strength to Keep Going and Link Party

November 22, 2014 at 9:37 am

Thank you so much Deb. I love it too and thankful you stopped by the party. Have a blessed weekend.

Kimberly David
    November 22, 2014 at 11:46 am

“My highest purpose is not found in a job or ministry, but rather in Jesus.” Amen! Even if we loose everything else, we know we still have a purpose… In Christ.

By the way, I’m so glad to have you back on the blogging scene!

November 23, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Thanks so much Kimberly!

Mary Dolan Flaherty
    November 22, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Praying God’s will for you. I love how God not only knows just what we need, but lets us know what that is through the simple things in life. Blessings to you!
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Leaving the Old Whine Behind

November 23, 2014 at 9:37 pm

So true Mary. He doesn’t make it complicated. Have a blessed week.

Carrie
    November 22, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I love this and I’m so happy you chose to share it! I saved the image and plan to print and display in my home. I don’t want to forget it, but let it slowly sink into my thoughts and stay put for awhile 🙂 Blessings!

November 23, 2014 at 9:38 pm

It was such profound quote for me. It’s something I will go back to often. Have a blessed weak Carrie!

patsy
    November 22, 2014 at 5:36 pm

When my husband was young he would “pester” the Lord, asking what he would do with his life. God answered him with, “Why are you so concerned with your life? Be concerned with loving and serving me.” After that, my husband became peaceful. :^) Patsy from HeARTworks
    patsy recently posted..Paint Party: My Inheritance Forever!

November 23, 2014 at 9:38 pm

That’s so good Patsy. When we are consumed with loving God, everything else falls into place. Have a blessed week.

Mary Geisen
    November 22, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I am so glad you used this quote for your post. It turned out beautiful. I am soaking in your words of knowing that our purpose is in God and it will carry me through when life’s struggles pull me away. You are a treasure friend and your words are a blessing. Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Longing

November 23, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I want to put a copy in every room in my house. It has really ministered to my heart. I so appreciate you friend. have a blessed week.

child of God
    November 23, 2014 at 10:50 am

Yes, amen! Our purpose is for Jesus and to love and honour Him. 🙂 Praying for you hon and hoping the perfect job comes in.
    Blessings.
    child of God recently posted..The Light Exposes Who We Really Are

November 23, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Thank you dear friend. Believing for His perfect timing and will.

Elizabeth
    November 23, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Much needed words of encouragement! It is so easy to get lost in finding our purpose that we forget the purpose God has bestowed upon us which is to worship Him, acknowledge Him in all we do and live this life to the glory of Him.
    Elizabeth recently posted..We Made it! Happy New Year!

Madelain
    November 24, 2014 at 1:38 pm

What great truth!! Thanks for sharing xos
    Madelain recently posted..Present Your Requests to God

Marie
    November 25, 2014 at 7:23 am

Love this!! So often we forget that our purpose is to simply Glorify the Lord!

thank you for the light you shine! thank you for being matthew 5:16 outloud!

@spreadingJOY
    Marie
    Marie recently posted..Love, JOY and Giving

June
    November 26, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I love it when God speaks to us so personally, Barbie. Your post is a beautiful reminder of that! I never got back over here this weekend to comment, but wanted to stop by today and wish you & yours a very blessed Thanksgiving! <3
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . a special dinner