Share // Five Minute Friday

White heart lying on the notebook

// Share//

My kids don’t like to share. Even the teens, they hold on for dear life to what they feel entitled to, to what has been told is theirs.

My life is much like that these days. I hold on to so many things. I hold them close to my heart, not wanting to share, not knowing how to share, not sure they are worthy of sharing. But in the holding on, I am robbing someone else of a blessing.

I tell my kids they will be blessed by sharing their things, their lives, with others. And the words echo in my own heart. In a season of quiet, of loss for words, of tremendous stretching and growth, I often don’t feel like I have anything to share. But in reality, I am holding on to my story, unwilling to reveal it for what it is, for fear I will not be accepted.

I am on a journey to live a content-filled life, and I must start with sharing what I have with others. God has given me words, and He has called me to share these words with others. More importantly, He’s called me to share my life with others. In the giving away, in the release, in the open hands towards heaven, He is there. When I choose to share what I’ve been given — the hard road I walk, the messy life I live — I bring others into my reality and help them to accept their own reality.

[Tweet “My life is meant to be shared so that others will be encouraged.”]

I will continue to share. I will not hold back. I will share through the tears, the pain, the laughter and the joys. He’s given me a life worthy of sharing with others.  My prayer is that when I share, others will recognize the work of God in their own lives.

Linking up with the beautiful community that is the Five Minute Friday today. Each week we are given a word prompt and have just 5 minutes to write, without worrying about perfection. I’ve missed these women greatly!

*photo credit

1. Katha says:

Welcome back, Barbie! It’s been a while on FMF for you, right?
    Thanks for your post, such true words! We need to hear it again and again, and then practice in the big and small things in life. Happy sharing and a blessed Friday to you!
    Katha recently posted..[Five Minute Friday] Share

2. Helen says:

I love your post! So important to always keep this in mind! Sharing our story/gifts/talents/experience will always help others, in some way….
    Helen recently posted..FMF: share

3. Betsy says:

Amen! I notice that I have less energy than when I was younger, so I’m more apt to hold on tight to “me time!” And that is good, but I need to be flexible and make sure I’m sharing enough of myself with my family, husband, kids, friends. Challenging, isn’t it? (I LOVE your graphic.)
    Betsy recently posted..3 Ways to Refuel When You’re Running on Empty

4. Betsy says:

Betsy recently posted..3 Ways to Refuel When You’re Running on Empty

5. Beth says:

Love you, sweet friend. What you share is ALWAYS a blessing to me and ALWAYS encourages my heart. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..How I’m Saying Yes to Risk

6. Tara says:

So beautiful! I think it is so easy for each of us to think we have nothing to share but the truth is we do!

7. Barbie,
    Your words are a gift and I hope you know how much you encourage me and I’m sure others with your faith and trust even when it has been hard…((hugs))
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Renew 6: On being still and multitasking

8. We are all blessed when you share yourself in such lovely ways and words. Isn’t it a challenge to take the risk to share when we’re feeling like we’ve not got enough to go around? At least I feel that way. Blessings friend!
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..Truth to Hang on to Life is Busy

9. Denise says:

Good morning my friend; hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    Sharing isn’t always easy for me either; too many times I would just rather move ahead and shake off my emotions and anxieties. But sharing our concerns, joy, and sorrow can be such a blessing! Good words for me to hear this morning. ♥ Thanks for sharing! ♥
    Hugs!!
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Reaction Under Pressure

10. Hi Barbie- I’m stopping over from the Faith N Friends blog hop. What a beautiful concept to share your life so others will be blessed. What an encouraging post. Thank you!

11. Glad you shared today Barbie. There is strength in sharing, finding out you aren’t alone.
    Michelle Anderson recently posted..Thankful_January 26

12. Marie says:

Sharing truly does encourage others, strengthen others and reminds them to keep taking the next step!

thanks for your heart!