Open // Five Minute Friday

Key_600

Open Your Heart, My Child
by Barbie Swihart

Open your heart, My child.
Let me come inside.
You need not shrink back in fear.
You need not run and hide.

All of the feelings of uncertainty
that you bottle up inside,
Let me replace them with peace,
Let me give you My rest.

I know you feel weak and weary,
I’ve caught every tear you’ve cried.
Open your heart, My child
to My love which heals all wounds.

My door is always open,
You need only to come.
Broken, bruised and battered,
I will receive you every time.

Open your heart, My child,
I long to fill and renew.
I am the key to your heart, My child.
Allow me to rescue you.

Writing alongside beautiful and brave writers tonight for the Five Minute Friday. Tonight’s prompt is “Open”. Come on over and join Kate and the crew and write for just five minutes without worrying about perfection.

1. This is awesome! I love it ; )
    Heather Faria recently posted..Advent Week Two – Peace, The Spacious Place

2. Tara says:

This is beautiful!! I was thinking much along these same lines tonight too.

3. Betsy says:

What a beautiful prayer and poem, Barbie. I’m hearing those words alongside with you this moment. (By the way, your page loaded more quickly and I saw those buttons quick.) Looking forward to the Weekend Brew tomorrow. You have a good day.
    Betsy recently posted..Opening the Door to More Jesus in our Everyday

4. Cathy says:

I love this. My word for,the year is OPEN. I may have to print this out for,frequent rereading.
    Cathy
    Cathy recently posted..Testify!

5. This is an absolutely beautiful piece of work. I’m so glad I saw this. God bless ~Shannan

6. Mary Geisen says:

Stunning words! Thank you for opening your heart to speak God’s words. I am blessed! Love you!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Open

7. Amy P Boyd says:

Beautiful !!!
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..Open My Heart

8. Verona says:

What a beautiful poem Barbie! It was just what I needed to read this morning. I especially can relate to this: “I know you feel weak and weary,I’ve caught every tear you’ve cried. Open your heart, My child to My love which heals all wounds.”
    Thank you and have a blessed Friday! 🙂
    Verona recently posted..Lessons Learned by Being Open

9. Beautiful, Barbie. His arms are open no matter what our condition. Thank you, Jesus.
    Abby McDonald recently posted..The Only Distinction in the Church That Matters

10. Tiffany says:

So very beautiful, Barbie – encouraging and uplifting and a fitting reminder that He loves us unconditionally. So glad to have stopped by from FMF.

11. LyndsD says:

Oh Barbie!!! There are no words!! Simply beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your sweet sweet words! Bless you xoxoxo

12. Sylvia R says:

Wow, a poem like this in a five-minute free-write! This could make a good hymn…

13. Thanks Barbie for this beautiful poem on Open. Keeping our hearts open is the key to peace and joy and hope. Blessings to you today.

14. Barbie so beautiful. I love the poem. Blessings Diana

15. Like a refreshing balm for my soul Barbie. Beautiful.

16. Ashley Ditto says:

Gave me shivers! Wow, amazing sweet friend!!!

17. Marie says:

This is beautiful!

@spreadingJOY
    Marie

18. I love your poem! What a beautiful expression of God’s heart toward us.
    Tasha Medellin recently posted..Wide Open

19. This is beautiful, thanks so much for sharing it! #bloggercaregroup
    Kelly @RaisingSamuels recently posted..Words to Dream On by: Diane Stortz, Illustrated by: Diane Le Feyer (Book Review)

20. Marsha says:

Beautiful, Barbie! I’m so thankful I came over for a visit today. Truly touched me.

Have a blessed weekend, my friend.