22 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Gather // Five Minute Friday

Excited to join a beautiful group of writers over at the Five Minute Friday, where we write for just five minutes on a word prompt without worrying about perfection.

Gather

Gather_fmf_600

Oh friends, how I long to gather together with you, all in the same room.  We would sit nestled side by side underneath His blanket of love, sipping coffee or tea, sharing our hearts open wide. There would be laughter, tears, joy and acceptance.

I do not know when or if I will have the chance to gather with you all in one place, this side of heaven, but we can gather here, where a cup of grace is offered to you freely, no matter where the road of life takes you.

[Tweet “You can come as you are, burdens and all. “]

Come and go as you please, visit once or visit often. You will always be accepted and appreciated.

Oh but there will be a day, in the not-too-distant future, where we will gather together, face to face. We will be free,  healed and whole and there will be no more tears.  On that day, we will stand together, lifting our voices loudly, in one accord, to the One who is found worthy.

[Tweet “On that day we will gather at the throne of grace to give Him all honor and praise.”]

Melinda
    March 5, 2015 at 11:08 pm

This is so wonderful. It reminds me of something I read a long time ago. Heaven will be the biggest family reunion ever.

Hugs to you, my sister,
    Melinda
    (visiting from FMF)
    Melinda recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Gather

Tarissa Helms
    March 5, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Oh, what a day that will be Barbie! Makes me smile to think about it. 🙂
    Tarissa Helms recently posted..When We Gather for Family Dinner Time

Shannan Williams
    March 6, 2015 at 3:04 am

I love this and yes it will be so wonderful once we can all gather together in Heaven. I like what you said here, “but we can gather here, where a cup of grace is offered to you freely, no matter where the road of life takes you” Great post my friend, ~Shannan
    Shannan Williams recently posted..Tuesday at Ten ~ Renew

Helen
    March 6, 2015 at 5:28 am

Love how welcoming your post is……perhaps we might, one day, get to meet at an FMF retreat…..wouldn’t that be wonderful?! A room full of all the ladies who bring light to my life on Fridays…..a bunch of ladies so creative and brave and life-affirming/life-giving….{An FMF friend}
    Helen recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Gather

Beth S.
    March 6, 2015 at 5:53 am

Oh how lovely it will be to one day gather in heaven together. So much rejoicing there will be. BUT, I do hope and pray that I have the chance to gather with you this side of heaven too. Love you so much, friend. xoxo

June
    March 6, 2015 at 7:04 am

Amen, and amen! When I read this I thought, “Barbie, you’ve created a gathering place, right here, right now, this side of heaven.” And you have, sweet friend. I am always blessed when I visit here. Have a lovely day!

Missy
    March 6, 2015 at 7:09 am

And, OH, how I pray that that day will come this side of Glory! I love your welcome, Barbie. I always have. I always will. It is wide and beautiful.
    Missy recently posted..I Heard This Wonderful Quote

Amy P Boyd
    March 6, 2015 at 7:38 am

I can not wait to join together with all my sisters face to face but until then I am being blessed by joining with you here.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..Gather Focus

Tara
    March 6, 2015 at 8:19 am

Yes!! I’m glad to gather here. And I too am glad that someday we will meet, gather and praise his name on the other side of this life. Loved this post!

Susan Shipe
    March 6, 2015 at 8:50 am

What a gathering that will be!!! I’ll be there! #FMF
    Susan Shipe recently posted..five minute friday: gather

~Karrilee~
    March 6, 2015 at 10:42 am

I love you so! Here’s to gathering when and where and however we can… and here’s to one day – in real life, my friend! xoxo
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..GATHER – A Five Minute Friday Post

Lux Ganzon
    March 6, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Such a beautiful promise of our destination; in the banquet of the Lord. 🙂

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
    Lux Ganzon recently posted..20 Things Women Do More And Better Than Men

Mary Geisen
    March 6, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Your words are true beauty. That day when we finally meet will be glorious! Love you!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Gather

The Momma (aka Therese Moma)
    March 6, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Your post reminded me of the news of the retreat and how excited everyone is about the prospect of a FMF Retreat 🙂 Can you imagine the FMF Party in Heaven? Wowee!!! I hope you’ll get to come to the retreat. I’d love to meet you!
    The Momma (aka Therese Moma) recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Gather

bluecottonmemory
    March 6, 2015 at 6:55 pm

What an awesome gathering! I can visualize it! Would love to do it this side of heaven, too! Warm thoughts,Barbie!

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    March 6, 2015 at 9:16 pm

It’s a beautiful thought.

But I have a feeling that when – or if – I get to heaven, God will give me a drink from a canteen, hand me an M4 and a fresh bandolier, and send me back out into the fight.

He built me for war, one of the sons of Martha, from Kipling’s poem.

But I can look through the window, and draw pleasure from the joy I see within, in the family of Mary.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Gather A Good Marriage {Five Minute Friday)

Betsy
      March 7, 2015 at 4:43 am

Maybe in heaven while Barbie is drinking a cup of tea with friends, you’ll be drinking out of the canteen, Andrew! God manifests himself in different ways to all of us, Andrew!
      Betsy recently posted..Gathering Together for Brighter Light

Betsy
    March 7, 2015 at 4:43 am

This is beautiful, Barbie. When I read this, I can’t wait for heaven! Thanks for having such a warm open home here on the web!
    Betsy recently posted..Gathering Together for Brighter Light

Cindy Barclay
    March 7, 2015 at 8:16 am

what a wondrous, glorious day that will be! Everything above and below- praising like we’ve never understood how to praise before! My heart and soul are jumping with joy at the thought! beautiful post! #bloggercaregroup
    Cindy Barclay recently posted..God is a Rehab Addict

~ linda
    March 7, 2015 at 12:00 pm

To gather together at the foot of the Throne in Heaven one day. Hallelujah! I look forward to that day, sisters and brothers.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..Heaven’s Dew with Charles Spurgeon

Yolanda DeLoach
    March 8, 2015 at 6:44 am

Thank you for your beautiful words. Saying the grace is offered to matter where the road of life has taken you is not something everyone is willing to say.

Mindy
    March 9, 2015 at 10:18 am

On that day…yes!
    Mindy recently posted..Love of two