Let Go And Let Me // The Weekend Brew

TWB_0320_MG

The cracks in the sidewalk resemble my soul, ridges and grooves mark off sections into the compartments of my life — God, family, church, work and fun.

Twigs, scattered leaves and pebbles gather to fill the crevices, much like my insecurities, weaknesses and doubt that soaks in to cloud my soul.

A journey of footsteps wearing down the familiar path traveling daily to the same places. My footsteps uncertain as they follow a path to where my heart leads them.

let go and let me

The sidewalk is marked by a distinct beginning and end – the destination is clear. My life leads me in circles as I follow the proverbial rainbow to track down the pot of gold.

A sound filters through the echoes of my footsteps on the pavement, distinct words float through the haze of my mind, A voice that clearly says “Let go and let me”-over and over the words repeat and my walking comes to a halt.

[Tweet “God’s voice reminds us to “let go and let me. I am enough!””]

The voice is relentless and eventually adds another lay of words to pull me in — I am enough! I am enough for you in your sorrow, enough in your pain, enough in your joy and enough in the uncertainties. I gave my life on a cross to give you enough – trust me with your journey – let me love you into certainty.

Let go and let me, my grace is sufficient for you, my power is made strong through your weaknesses!

God’s voice breaks through the fog and I remember these words – His words …

[Tweet ““My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9”]

And these…

Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5 ESV

Each day is a new beginning clothed in God’s grace and strength. Each day I need to repeat “let go and let me, I am enough” as I face the ups and downs that will surround me. Each day my prayer should begin with “thank you God for being enough”.

This past week I was held by our Father as He gently prompted me during my quiet time that He’s got this. He takes great joy in carrying our weakness. God loves nothing more than to carry our burdens and love us through the hard and messy. May we all rejoice that our God is enough and will always walk each step right by our sides.

1. Elizabeth says:

Second week in a roll where I need to ask you to delete my entry so I can resubmit it since my photo didn’t post. Sorry!
    Elizabeth recently posted..O Lord, how manifold are Your works!

2. Elizabeth says:

Mary, your post was just what I needed!
    Elizabeth recently posted..O Lord, how manifold are Your works!

3. Betsy says:

Mary, for the past year or so an important word for me has been “Let it go” or “Let go.” Part of my journey has been about learning to let go of trying to control things or feeling overly responsible and choosing to trust God instead! Blessings to you, Mary. You are a gem in God’s hands..
    Betsy recently posted..Real Rest for Tired Superwomen

4. Thank you for hosting!
    Debbie @ Bible Fun For Kids recently posted..Apostle Paul Bulletin Boards

5. so true, Mary. I’m working on getting that, “I am enough,” into my core when it comes to overeating.
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Secret Sickness

6. Joanne Viola says:

Wonderful post, Mary. So loved reading this last line >> “May we all rejoice that our God is enough and will always walk each step right by our sides.” So grateful He is right there with me. Blessings!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..5: Of Community, Prayer, & Parenting

7. Amen, Mary. He is enough. 2 Cor. 12:9 is one of my favorite verses and I’ve gone back to it so many times. Thank you for this beautiful reminder of his grace today.
    Abby McDonald recently posted..When Dreaming Is Just Too Scary {Renewal Through Christ Series}

• Mary Geisen says:

You are welcome. 2 Corinthians 12:9 has been following me and turning up everywhere this past week. There must be a reason and I am thinking I need the reminder that God’s grace is sufficient in everything not what the world would like us to believe. Thank you for being here and for your words of encouragement.
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Let Go and Let Me…The Weekend Brew

8. Chris says:

Surely you are a woman of the yielded heart.
    Chris recently posted..The Rope

9. Carmen Horne says:

“When my focus is cloudy and I think I know best, my eyes need to turn to Jesus. When I am weak and the world pulls me into its swirling commercialism, Jesus is my strength. When my messy stifles the air I breathe and I lack faith to let go, Jesus is the breath of life and stronghold I need.” Mary I just love all of this, Amen and amen!
    Carmen Horne recently posted..Nowhere to Somewhere…

10. June says:

“let me love you into certainty.” Beautiful words, Mary. I’ve been contemplating God’s answer to Paul’s prayer in 2 Cor 3:5 in light of Mark 11:24. God’s word is a treasure trove, just waiting to be mined. Happy Saturday.

11. Well, maybe, but as I write this I’m in what seems to be the most serious fight of my life. In the fog of battle, I cannot see Him.

I have to believe He’s there, and fight on, with every bit of courage, resolve, and pure filthy aggression I can muster. This is a knife-fight in a phone booth, and I am determined not to go down. The demon that’s trying to kill me from within with pain and sepsis and other things will die first, but I have to keep the knife swinging.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Real Death, Real Life {Five Minute Friday}

12. This verse is part of the daily prayer my husband and I pray before we begin practice for our dance ministry. Thanks for the beautiful post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..It’s All About Me

• Mary Geisen says:

I love how God’s word becomes part of who we are as we read it or say it to start our day, end our day or anytime in between. Calling upon God to be present in our lives opens us to all that He provides. Thank you for being here each week and for sending your encouragement.
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Let Go and Let Me…The Weekend Brew

13. Carrie says:

Oh how I struggle with letting go and letting Him carry me. It is the ugly word, “unworthy”, that stares back at me in the mirror. A battle I’ve held to for more years than I care to count. My head knows The Lord gave it All for me, but my heart is still questioning, “For me?!” His Love is awesome! And a patient teacher. Thank you for this encouragement today!

14. Madelain says:

What a great post!! I loved all the imagery. Many Blessings xos
    Madelain recently posted..I Disagree With This Christian Saying

15. Amen!
    Michelle Anderson recently posted..Thankful_March 16_March 22

16. A message we all need over and over again, don’t we? My friend Christin Ditchfield had a new book out about Letting it Go and I look forward to reading it. His grace and strength in my weakness is something I’m beginning to love more and more. Admitting my weakness and deep need has been hard. Covered in pride & self-protection. But, oh, what a relief to let go and trust in Him! Beautiful journey today here Mary.
    Jolene Underwood (@Faith_Eyes) recently posted..In the midst of the storm

17. Mary – as others have said before me here in the comment section – I also need this reminder more each day. Why is “letting go” so difficult? And when I think I have “let go” – not always sure I have!!!

Trusting God during what feels like a “free fall” may be the key – to just relax and feel the grace as of a feather in His hands while He takes over. Ah – yes.
    Lynn Severance recently posted..March Moments – Remembering My Mom!

18. Beth says:

Beautifully stated, Mary! Too bad I can’t walk alongside you on that sidewalk. Then we could talk to one another about our amazing God in person! But I’m grateful for the chance to cheer each other on in this bloggy-land where we so often get to meet! Hugs to you, sweet friend!
    Beth recently posted..Shouldn’t the kids come first? SJT Video

19. Hey Barbie and Mary … what a lovely way to wrap Sabbath up, visiting here with you both, soaking in the welcome and the grace, and saying yes and amen to those words, ‘He’s got this.’

The pressure’s off, we breathe deep, knowing that every detail is overseen by His gracious power.

What a wonderful Savior!

Blessings as we head off into this week together in Christ …
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Let’s Sing Glory With Her

20. Amy Jung says:

Lovely post. I enjoyed how you used the sidewalk/crevices/twigs/pebbles/leaves to illustrate so well how you feek…how we all feel at times. Thanks for the encouragement to let go!
    Amy Jung recently posted..The Kind of Death I Long For