26 In Weekend Whispers

Remember To Breathe. He’s All You Need // The Weekend Brew

Friends, I have been completely overwhelmed the last few days. Things are looking up, but it seems like we must walk through a little bit of fire before coming out on the other side, where the sun shines brighter and the grass is greener. I’ve not had the best attitude this week and have also been fighting of a little bit of depression. The Lord reminded me today to stop and just breathe. I thought “just breathe”, that would make a great title for this post. But it seemed all too familiar so I Googled the title and my blog (ever done that?), and lo and behold, there is an excerpt from Day 4 of my devotional book, Coffee Talk With Jesus, entitled, “Just Breathe”. The words met me in a powerful way today so I thought I would share the excerpt with you, edited a bit, but it still carries the same weight.

My prayer is that you will be encouraged as you read these words.

TWB_Breathe_600

My Beloved One,

There is no need to be fearful of the next step.  I can hear you breathing.  You’ve had a long day and I can feel the weight of the day on your shoulders.  I do not want you to labor for your next breath.  I promise you that no matter how you are feeling right at this moment, I will not allow you to suffocate under the weight of what it is you are carrying.

I know that you are weary.  I understand that sometimes you feel as if you don’t have the strength for the journey.  It’s often hard to put into words what you carry in your heart, isn’t it?

“How can someone like me, your servant, talk to you, my lord? My strength is gone, and I can hardly breathe.”  (Daniel 10:17)

Will you do something for me?  Will you breathe?  Now, I know what you are thinking, “Lord, I am already breathing otherwise I wouldn’t be here.”  This is true. But I want to teach you to breathe in a different way.  First, I want you to close your eyes.  You may want to put your cup of coffee down, just for a moment.  I promise I will let you finish it.  Now close your eyes.  Next, I want you to take a big, deep breath.  And as you inhale, I am again filling you with my own breath — the breath of life.  These deep, cleansing breaths are good for your spirit, soul and body.

Now I want you to exhale.  Go head.  Blow out all of the stuff that doesn’t belong — disappointment, worry, fear of failure, fear that you aren’t measuring up, lost hope, unmet needs.  These were never yours to carry in the first place.  Remember how I told you that my yoke is easy, and my burden is light? How can you breathe properly when you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders?

“For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  (Matthew 11:30)

With every breath you take, I am once again filling you with peace, joy and hope.  So before you leave today, remember to take several more deep breaths. I want you to feel my presence with you when you leave.

[tweetthis]Remember to breathe. He’s all you need. via @BarbieSwihart [/tweetthis]

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew!

theweekendbrewbutton1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post (it’s in the footer of my site), or simply link back here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Laurie Collett
    March 28, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I love this, Barbie! Breathe Him in; breathe out the fear and doubt. Thanks for the beautiful post and for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Time for an Adjustment

March 29, 2015 at 9:46 pm

You are a blessing to this community Laurie. Thank you!

Mary Geisen
    March 28, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Beautiful! Words I need today as I too am feeling overwhelmed. You would think since I am on Spring Break my life would be focused on resting and breathing but instead my mind goes to all I hope I can accomplish this week. Your words are the breath of renewal rushing in to remind me that my “to do” list can wait but God cannot!

Love you friend for always letting God speak His truth through you!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Break…and #fmfretreat update

March 29, 2015 at 9:47 pm

He truly is the Breath of Life. I know that if I just keep breathing Him in, things will get better. Have a blessed week Mary!

Mary Dolan Flaherty
    March 28, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Beautiful, Barbie. I’m so sorry that you’re still battling this depression. I actually just read in Prevention Magazine that regularly taking ProBiotics can help with that. Who knew? I’m game…I know depression very well…we’ve been “friends” for years.
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Voices of the Crucifixion: Malchus: “Who Exactly Is This Man Called Jesus?”

March 29, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Thanks for the info Mary. I will definately be looking into that. Praying you have a blessed and beautiful week.

Michele Morin
    March 29, 2015 at 4:02 am

Congratulations on this milestone!
    And thanks for hosting this link up.
    The reminder to breathe — yes, this is grace.
    Blessings on your weekend.
    Michele Morin recently posted..Just One Thing: Names

March 29, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by Michele!

Michelle Anderson
    March 29, 2015 at 6:38 am

We all need to remember to breathe sometimes. Thanks for this Barbie.
    Michelle Anderson recently posted..Thankful_March 23_March 29

March 29, 2015 at 9:54 pm

You’re welcome Michelle. Have a blessed week.

Julie Lefebure
    March 29, 2015 at 10:26 am

Beautiful and precious words, Barbie. Thank you for prompting me to breathe. How often I find myself out of breath! I will remember your words in days to come. Bless you, dear one. Thank you for hosting this great place of love and encouragement!
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..Walking Through The Transitions Of Life

March 29, 2015 at 9:57 pm

I’m so thankful you were blessed Julie. Thanks for linking up and sharing such beautiful truths today.

Carrie
    March 29, 2015 at 12:04 pm

This reminds me of our service today, surrendering our lives to Him. Taking a deep breath and handing our lives over to His care. Continued prayers and thoughts, friend. I know He has great plans in store for you! Grateful for the community you created here. Hugs!

March 29, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I am blessed to know you Carrie. Thank you for sharing your heart so faithful here.

Ginger Harrington
    March 29, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Thanks for sharing this. How many times have I needed these very words. I’m so grateful Christ is with us in the midst of it all.

March 29, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Me too Ginger!

Rose @ Walnut Acre
    March 29, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Thank you for this reminder to just breath.
    Rose @ Walnut Acre recently posted..Morning Musing Over Coffee – Carpe Diem

March 29, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Thank you for stopping by Rose!

Lea
    March 29, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Oh, I love this and may have to run it off for future reference. AND, I’m just thrilled that things are looking up for you and yours. No one more deserving for sure! Hugs for a happy Easter week!!!!
    Lea recently posted..About Me – Part 2

March 29, 2015 at 10:00 pm

So thankful you were blessed Lea! Have a beautiful week and and blessed Easter!

Betsy
    March 30, 2015 at 6:00 am

Your graphic speaks such peace and beauty! I’m breathing deep, in and out, on this first Monday after Daylight savings time change in Turkey after a busy weekend. Making it through the day by grace! Blessings to you during this transition, friend. You’ll soon be through it and realize grace got you through.
    Betsy recently posted..Feel tired? Take a Break!

Beth S.
    March 30, 2015 at 10:19 am

I just love how your search took you to your own words. God is just awesome!! And I do remember this devotional from your book. Love you, your heart and your words. xoxo
    Beth S. recently posted..Love always wins

Carol
    March 30, 2015 at 11:14 am

Thank you! Just what I needed.

Mindy
    March 30, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Ah, to just breathe in Jesus, all that is good, and breathe out all that is not. Love this…
    Mindy recently posted..Inside the cupboards

Lux Ganzon
    March 30, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Amen. Yes, He is.
    Lux Ganzon recently posted..Day 16: A Story In 25 Words: Unconditional Love

Rosann
    March 31, 2015 at 8:41 am

Oh Barbie, this ministered to me SO much today. As I’m coming down off the pressure of recording my video for the Wisdom for Wives Online Conference (which my stomach was completely in knots over the past two weeks), I feel this after-effect of stress still working its way out of my body. There’s still so much to do in preparation for the conference but the hardest part is done. I feel like I got lost in the busyness of preparing and didn’t meet God as much or with as much enthusiasm and craving as I know I have in the past. I almost feel like my spiritual tank is empty. Like I’ve poured out all I can and need time to be still again and fill back up with God’s love. I’m inspired to pull your book off the shelf and read a little bit each day again. God spoke to me through this post. I’m sure he has more to say. Love you, friend.
    Rosann recently posted..Have You Heard About the Wisdom for Wives On-Line Conference?