24 In Weekend Whispers

Because He Lives // The Weekend Brew

I imagine the path to the cross over 2000 years ago. The path of sacrifice, redemption and glory.

The footsteps stirring up the dusty road,

the sun’s glare casting a shadow of a cross across the path,

beads of sweat dropping like pearls as dust scatters with every drop,

silence except for the gulps of air being sucked in and the taunts and berating of the soldiers urging the man on,

the spectators watching intently as the burden of the cross causes the man to stumble-the weight of the cross pushing Him toward the ground,

a man named Simon – summoned to pick up the cross and carry it for the man.

dirt pathway w:words

Each step, each visual are a necessary piece of this story. This is Jesus’ story played out so our own stories could begin. This is the path to resurrection ~ this is Easter!

The path led to Calvary Hill and there in a moment of extreme pain, sacrifice and in the end- death, new life began. Jesus suffered and died so we might live and three days later, He rose to live again. May Jesus’ surrender challenge us to take a chance on opening wide our hearts for God and create a resurrection in our faith and actions toward others. Because He lives, our stories began and now we live to honor Him.

[tweetthis]Jesus’ surrender is a challenge to create a resurrection in our own faith. @MaryGeisen [/tweetthis]

Because He lives, we know how to love…

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:6-7

Because He lives, we are given the gift of grace each morning…

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

Because He lives, we are renewed by His Holy Spirit…

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior Titus 3:4-6

Because He lives, we are redeemed, restored and established as children of God. Because He lives, we live! Hosanna to Lord Most High!

May this Easter cause us to pause and learn of Jesus’ faithfulness in a complete surrender of our own lives as the beginning to our own redemption story.

Take time today, to sit and listen to the beautiful words of “Because He Lives” by Matt Maher. Click here to enjoy!

Easter blessings to all!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew!

theweekendbrewbutton1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post (it’s in the footer of my site), or simply link back here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Candace
    April 4, 2015 at 12:37 am

Thank you for this visual of that day so long ago, Mary! I far too often try to skip over that part and go straight to His rise 3 days later. I think it’s important to remember and reflect on the incredibly painful moments He suffered for us. I love the reminders you shared of all we’re blessed with “because He lives.” I’m always so blessed by your words, my friend.
    Candace recently posted..Turning to Food: March Update

Mary Geisen
      April 4, 2015 at 8:17 am

Thank you Candace! Holy Week always touches me deeply as I remember that because of Jesus I live. Every part of me cries unworthy and He lovingly says to me – “you are worthy, I chose you!”. I love that you linked up and love you! Happy Easter!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

Betsy
    April 4, 2015 at 2:25 am

Amen! Because He lives we receive fresh grace and new mercies each morning! But it is good to remember that our new mercies with purchased with His blood. Happy Easter to Mary and to Barbie too!
    Betsy recently posted..Preaching Good News to Ourselves

Mary Geisen
      April 4, 2015 at 8:18 am

Because He lives we are loved beyond what we can imagine and we are given the gift of grace daily. It is very humbling. I pray you and your family have a blessed Easter and may we all remember the sacrifice that Jesus made for each of us. Blessings!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

Joanne Viola
    April 4, 2015 at 4:27 am

Beautiful post, Mary. Because He lives, indeed! May you have a most blessed Easter!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..5: To Stir Your Soul

Mary Geisen
      April 4, 2015 at 8:20 am

Amen! Jesus chose each us and knew each of us as He sacrificed himself on the cross. This amazing love brings me to my knees in absolute gratefulness. Easter blessings to you and your family, Joanne!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

emilia m.
    April 4, 2015 at 5:07 am

Amen.

Abby McDonald
    April 4, 2015 at 5:38 am

Amen, Mary! Everything is because He lives. That is all there is. Inspiring words here today, friend. Have a wonderful Easter.
    Abby McDonald recently posted..For the One Who Can’t Forgive

Mary Geisen
      April 4, 2015 at 8:21 am

Thank you for always being here and for encouraging me and others. I pray that Easter is not only a time of remembrance but absolute gratefulness for the love and grace He sacrificed for each of us. Happy Easter!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

Debbie @ Bible Fun For Kids
    April 4, 2015 at 5:40 am

Thank you for hosting!
    Debbie @ Bible Fun For Kids recently posted..The Beatitudes

June
    April 4, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Because He lives, we are sisters together in grace, together in God’s family! Barbie and Mary, wishing you both a most blessed Easter! Thank you for your testimony and ministry.

beth willis miller
    April 4, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Mary, I so love your post focusing on Because He Lives…you expressed so we’ll all the many facets of what our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ did for us when took our sin on the cross and rose from the dead with the divine receipt, “Paid In Full” ❤️

Mary Geisen
      April 5, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Our sins have been paid in full and it is humbling and glorious. We are redeemed by Jesus’ love for us and now we need to live resurrection lives honoring God. Happy Easter to you!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

Karen Brown
    April 5, 2015 at 4:17 am

Because He Lives… we are changed forever- and can live out the resurrection every day. Thank you for this reminder. This line says it all perfectly: “May Jesus’ surrender challenge us to take a chance on opening wide our hearts for God and create a resurrection in our faith and actions toward others.” Beautiful post! Have a blessed Easter!
    Karen Brown recently posted..The Rock of Ages

Mary Geisen
      April 5, 2015 at 3:59 pm

So glad you join us here each week Karen. Isn’t beautiful that we have been given the gift of living our lives for God? All because He lives and chose us to live too! Happy Easter!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

Holly Barrett
    April 5, 2015 at 4:23 am

One of the old hymns says “Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone.” Your post is a beautiful reminder that all things are possible because He lives. Thanks, Mary!! Happy Easter, friend!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..We have redemption through His blood

Mary Geisen
      April 5, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Thank you for always being here Holly! It is truly beautiful to reflect on God’s redemptive love for each of us. Happy Easter blessings and hugs!!!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

Beth
    April 5, 2015 at 12:11 pm

I think it’s so important to meditate on this sacrifice of our Lord, Mary–every day and not just at Easter. Of course we can see it playing out in movies, but I don’t want to rely on Hollywood’s view of Christ and the crucifixion. I want to remember the sacrifice–playing it over and over in my mind so that I will never take Christ’s shed blood and powerful victory over death for granted. Thanks for your encouragement to each of us to remember His sacrifice and worship Him, my friend! Happy Resurrection Day!
    Beth recently posted..Comment on Are You Too Familiar with Your Spouse? And WW Linkup! by Mary Flaherty

Mary Geisen
      April 5, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Taking the time every year to reflect on Jesus’ death and resurrection teaches me all over again that I am worthy because He chose me and chooses me everyday. It is amazing and very humbling! Easter blessings to you and your family. So glad you are joining us here each week.
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew

Lisha Epperson
    April 6, 2015 at 8:17 am

“Jesus’ surrender is a challenge to create a resurrection in our own faith.” I am deeply inspired by those words Mary. I’m keeping the spirit of resurrection close. Reading your words on the Monday after reminds me to keep the promise of restoration alive. Thank you for your faithful commitment to this gathering of souls. You are the #GiveMeGrace Wordsmith of the Week!
    Lisha Epperson recently posted..Give Me Grace : Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark

Mary Geisen
      April 6, 2015 at 5:33 pm

You bless me every week with your own words, Lisha and I love the Give Me Grace community. I am humbled to be your wordsmith and love that we share in wanting to keep the resurrection alive in our own lives. How we live and how we choose to honor God will be a true testimony to our own resurrected faith. Blessings as we remember and journey forward from here.
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Because He Lives…The Weekend Brew