7 In Faith

The Approachable God

A_Approachable_600

The God of the Universe desires to have relationship with you. Matter of fact, He created you just for that very reason — for a love relationship with Him. His desire is to lavish His love on mankind and give us the opportunity to return that love.

God’s arms are wide open, ready to receive you and me. Do you know that He waits for us? Even as we go about our day, busying ourselves with so many things, He waits for us. His heart beats with excitement at the thought of us sitting at His feet, listening to His voice, hearing His heart beat.

I believe that I often stop short of going boldly before the Throne of Grace. At times, God seems so big, and me so small. How could a weak and imperfect vessel approach a sinless and perfect God?

[tweetthis]The beauty of the gospel is that God is approachable. #AttributesOfGodFromAtoZ via @BarbieSwihart[/tweetthis]

The God of the universe has created an open door for you and me to approach Him, and we get to come freely, withholding nothing, just as we are. He already knows the thoughts swirling around in our heads. He is intimately acquainted with our grief and all of those things that weigh heavy on our hearts. His desire is to take our burdens and heal our heavy hearts. He promises to give beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and praise for the spirit of heaviness. There is love, joy, and peace found in His presence.

Will you approach the Throne of Grace today my friends? God is waiting for you to come, just as you are. No need to clean yourself up first. Come dirty. Come weak. Come poor. Allow Him to strengthen you and lavish His love on you.

God is approachable. It is possible to know Him in the intimate way that you desire. – James Goll

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:6)

Attributes_AtoZ_400This post is part of a series on The Attributes of God, A to Z. I hope you will visit my page to read more posts in this series.

Amy Jung
    April 1, 2015 at 6:35 am

I love what you’re writing on — His attributes! And today…Approachable. If only we’d always remember this…
    Amy Jung recently posted..Our Entire Blessedness

KK
    April 1, 2015 at 7:11 am

Loved this reminder!

Beth S.
    April 1, 2015 at 11:33 am

I look forward to this series, Barbie. And what a great attribute to begin with. We just completed a wonderful series at church that spoke much about finding a rhythm of taking time to approach God throughout our days. My need for Him is so great which makes me ever so grateful for how we can always approach Him. Much love to you. xoxo
    Beth S. recently posted..What I’ve Learned {first quarter 2015]

Ginger Harrington
    April 1, 2015 at 11:48 am

What a wonderful idea for a series. I love the fact that God is approachable. He welcomes us. This morning I was reflecting on some of the attributes of Christ in Luke 8. He showed power and authority to calm the raging sea, command the demons, heal the sick, and restore life. Yet in the midst of his power and authority he was approachable and compassionate. How amazing.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..Family Traditions Create Special Memories

Shannan Williams
    April 1, 2015 at 3:03 pm

A lovely post my friend. I love that our God is approachable. Knowing that He is near to me and walks with me daily gives me the power to keep moving forward. Blessings to you
    Shannan Williams recently posted..Authority In Prayer by Dutch Sheets (my review)

Larri
    April 2, 2015 at 10:48 am

Timely reminder, Barbie.
    I forget He truly is approachable.
    Gotta stop containing Him in my small mind.
    His awesomeness and approachability are uncontainable.
    Looking forward to your A to Z posts.
    Larri recently posted..Here a Chick, There a Chick

June
    April 5, 2015 at 8:26 am

A beautiful invitation, Barbie. I’m so glad I’ve taken time today to catch up on your A-Z challenge!