27 In Weekend Whispers

Trying On Grace // The Weekend Brew

I’m trying on grace for size these days. Grace in the everyday ordinary, in the unexpected and in the interactions with those I do life with daily. Grace that comes in all sizes, shapes and is our gift from God without any strings attached. Grace that fits all occasions and is necessary as life moves forward into the unknown. It is God’s abundant gift for us that is given freely and meant to be shared. It is a grace with many facets that shimmer light in different directions. This is the grace we need to focus on and understand more completely.

Grace is the extraordinary that

[tweetthis]Grace is the extraordinary that complements our ordinary. via @ MaryGeisen #TheWeekendBrew[/tweetthis]

There are different kinds of grace which fill our lives and make it complete. These can look like …

Grace to understand

When life leaves us with more “whys” than answers to our questions, we desire to understand this path we are on. We have questions that are God’s to answer in His time and in His way but all come laced with His amazing grace.

Grace to embrace

Life comes quickly and tends to rush by in a blur if we do not choose to slow down and accept the stillness of grace that is there at our fingertips. When we are overwhelmed and frustrated, grace is the answer every time.

Grace to extend to others

Grace was never meant to be hoarded and hidden in the recesses of our lives. We should set it free in the interactions we have with others. Grace should be present in forgiveness, in new and old relationships, between families and on the days we feel we have nothing left to give.

Grace in the making

Grace evolves in our lives as we grow and deepen our relationship with God and others. Grace is new everyday and is extended even on the days that messy challenges block our way. Grace never stops growing because we never stop moving forward on this journey called life.

Grace in the ordinary

Ordinary days turn into ordinary nights and the pattern repeats over and over. Grace is always available ~ in our morning routine, on our drive to work and in the evening setting of the sun. Grace is the extraordinary that complements our ordinary.

The art of grace is found in the act of accepting and embracing it. Each moment contains grace ~ look for it, find it and then set it free.

[tweetthis]The art of grace is wrapped in acceptance and then set free. via @MaryGeisen #TheWeekendBrew[/tweetthis]

Grace captivates us by its underserving nature. Grace draws us in with the “freely given” label. Grace wraps us in warmth with the promise of its newness each day. Grace evolves as we evolve. Grace is learning that who we are and who we perceive ourselves to be is always wrapped in this beautiful gift given to us just because God loves us.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Try on grace today. Grab God’s promise which never fails and can be renewed every morning.

Will you try on grace today?

We are so thankful to have you at The Weekend Brew!

theweekendbrewbutton1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post (it’s in the footer of my site), or simply link back here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    May 29, 2015 at 8:12 pm

There’s also the grace to ’embrace the suck’, as it were…to fully be there for something awful, so as to facilitate the development of compassion.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Your Dying Spouse 11 – Blue Days (Five Minute Friday)

May 30, 2015 at 11:12 am

Thank you for always keeping it real and teaching us that life is full of challenges. Love how you turned your challenge into the grace of compassion. Thank you for sharing and for being here with us Andrew.
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Trying on Grace… The Weekend Brew

Tara
    May 29, 2015 at 8:55 pm

I wrote a letter to grace on my blog earlier this week. This is such a beautiful post!

Elizabeth
    May 29, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Mary and Barbie, I’m so thankful for God’s grace that is new each day and that is abundantly sufficient when I am weak and deficient! Bless you both for your faithful ministry here each weekend.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 62:5

May 30, 2015 at 11:15 am

God’s amazing grace is a safety net for me all the time. His love is magnified through the beautiful grace He extends to us daily. Thank you for always being here Elizabeth. Have a blessed weekend.
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Trying on Grace… The Weekend Brew

Michele Morin
    May 30, 2015 at 5:07 am

No matter what I’m wearing, I need to put on grace. What a great reminder this morning, Mary. Reminds me of Colossians 3: Clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. I sure can use those accessories!
    Thanks, Mary and Barbie, for hosting us today!
    Blessings on your weekend.
    Michele Morin recently posted..Thy List Be Done

May 30, 2015 at 11:18 am

Great verse to connect to my words on grace. There is something about clothing ourselves in love, compassion, grace etc. that takes on a more defining purpose because we tend to be so meticulous in what we wear and how we look. We should be the same with how we exhibit God’s grace and love to others. Hope your weekend is restful and full of grace.
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Trying on Grace… The Weekend Brew

Linda@Creekside
    May 30, 2015 at 9:29 am

I want some more of that, Mary. I want it overflowing so it spills out over to others around me.

As the old hymn used to say, ‘He giveth more grace …’

May this sabbath be life-giving for you friend …
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..The Getting- the-House-Ready-to-Sell Whirlwind

May 30, 2015 at 11:19 am

Praying as you and I transition, that God meets us in the challenges and joy with His amazing grace each and every time. May your weekend be a gift of love and treasured moments. Love you!
      Mary Geisen recently posted..Trying on Grace… The Weekend Brew

Kelly @RaisingSamuels
    May 30, 2015 at 11:37 am

Excellent article! I love how you said it is embracing it and accepting it in order to receive and find it. God is so good to extend this grace to us, and give us peace. Thanks for sharing, and for hosting 🙂
    Kelly @RaisingSamuels recently posted..The Day is Waiting by: Don Freeman. Words by Linda Zuckerman (Book Review)

May 31, 2015 at 6:57 pm

God is so good and His grace is amazing! I believe that even though God gives us His grace freely we still have to make the choice to accept and embrace it. So glad you joined us today! Have a blessed week!

Katie
    May 30, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Of course I love this grace message Mary- thankful for it and you!
    Katie recently posted..Unraveling Grace: Not that “Be Still” Thing Again!

May 31, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Thank you sweet Katie! I love anything that has to do with grace. Thank you for being here!

Laurie Collett
    May 30, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Praise God for His freely given gift of grace! Not only for salvation, but in so many ways every day! Thanks for the uplifting post and for hosting and God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Are You Like the Prodigal Son or the “Good” Son?

May 31, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Your encouragement is always such a blessing, Laurie! I am praising God with you for His gift of grace. Have a blessed week!

Dawn
    May 30, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Mary,

Grace was never meant to be hoarded..
    YES!!! It is so profound and yet impossible to accomplish on our own. 2 Cor12:9-10…His grace is sufficient for my every weakness and leass me to pour grace into others when I all I want to do is hoard it. 🙂

Bless you.
    Dawn
    Dawn recently posted..Crashing Waves of Mercy

May 31, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Thank you for referencing one of my most favorite verses on grace- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. God gives us grace in our weakness, strength, and always. It is a beautiful thing. Blessings sweet Dawn!

Rose @ Walnut Acre
    May 31, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Grace – so simple and yet so hard for me to grasp some days. Thank you for sharing this encouragement.
    Rose @ Walnut Acre recently posted..Family Reunion – The Walnut Acre Daily Saturday May 30, 2015

May 31, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Grace is simple but at the same time one of the most complex gifts that God gives us. It is given for all things and at all times and we do nothing to deserve it but everything to need it. Blessed you are here today, Rose!

Marsha
    May 31, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Beautiful, Mary. I love to think of grace being like a diamond and having may facets… all-sufficient grace, unfathomable grace, extending grace, matchless grace, I could go on and on because it has so many facets. I think you and I think a lot alike. May you have a blessed week, gracious sister.

May 31, 2015 at 7:06 pm

We do think a lot alike and I loved reading your post on grace. Grace is very much like a diamond that shines and reflects God’s love for us in so many ways and in so many directions. Beautiful image. Have a blessed week, Marsha!

Mary Dolan Flaherty
    May 31, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Oh my goodness…so many opportunities to extend grace! And just as many to receive it! Great post today. Thanks for hosting.
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..When an Optimist Fails to Be Optimistic

May 31, 2015 at 7:08 pm

So glad you are here, Mary! Thank you for your encouragement. I love the immensity of grace. Blessings as you begin a new week!

Ugochi
    June 1, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Reading this just reminds me of how God’s grace is sufficient in all our weaknesses. He is just amazing.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Ugochi recently posted..Adultery, Mercy, And Grace.

June 1, 2015 at 2:36 pm

So glad you are here Ugochi! There is nothing like God’s sufficient grace in all circumstances. His grace is amazing. Have a blessed week!

Mindy
    June 2, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Such beautiful thoughts on the beauty of grace in all aspects..
    Mindy recently posted..What I learned in May