16 In My 5 Minute Fridays

World // Five Minute Friday

Today I’m linking up with Kate and the beautiful community over at the Five Minute Friday. This is where we write for just 5 minutes on a word prompt. No editing or backtracking. No need for perfection. Just words freely flowing from my heart.

World

World.2

I often wonder if I can really make a difference in this world. I imagine myself to be but a speck of dust in the larger scheme of things. But I do believe God brought me to this earth for a purpose.

But am I a world changer?

I don’t believe that I can change the world by myself. But I do believe that I can affect and change one life at a time. When I do my part to encourage, pray for and help those around me and they are changed, in essence I am changing the world.

My purpose in life is to love God and be loved by Him, to know God and be known by Him. But even more importantly, it’s to make God known to those around me.

This world is big, complex and filled with pain and heartache. I may not be able to reach all of it, but I can reach one.

I can bring encouraging words, both spoken and written, to those who need to hear them.

I can offer prayers of healing to those who are hurting, both mentally and physically.

I can pull one into a deep and heartfelt embrace when the world around her is falling apart.

I can intercede, asking for God’s heart, on those big and often scary world issues.

I can share my own journey, messy at times, so others will know they are not alone.

[tweetthis]With God we can change the world, one person at a time. @BarbieSwihart #fmfparty[/tweetthis]

How are you reaching out to change the world around you?

Tara
    June 11, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Yes we can change the world. Even if its just one person at a time. Great post! Visiting from FMF where I’m #8 this week.

June 14, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Thanks for stopping by Tara. I’m late at responding to comments and visiting the link up this weekend. I hope to read your post soon.

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    June 11, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Sure you’re changing the world. You change everyone who reads your words, for the better, and they go off and write or say stuff that’s just a bit more positive.

Spreads out from there.

And anyway…you change MY world. I look for your posts. I admire your heart, and am in awe of your wisdom.

You’re a world-changer, and beyond world-class…you ARE the class of the world.

Yeah, and here from FMF
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Your Dying Spouse 17 – New World (Five Minute Friday)

June 14, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Andrew, thank you. You do not know how much your words blessed me today. Praying you have a blessed week.

Ginger Harrington
    June 12, 2015 at 8:25 am

Barbie, I love this. Yes we all make a difference in countless ways when we love, honor, and encourage others. Your lovely words make a difference to many as they filter out into cyber space. I have so missed interacting with you regularly as we both have busy seasons. Much love, friend.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..I Give You Permission to Spend Time With Friends

June 14, 2015 at 9:05 pm

There is so much tugging at my time. I miss my blogging friends, you included. I hope God will allow our paths to cross more often. Have a blessed week.

Beth S.
    June 12, 2015 at 11:45 am

I can tell you that you’ve made quite the difference in my life and for that I am so grateful. Love you, friend. xoxo
    Beth S. recently posted..{An} Old Oak Table

June 14, 2015 at 9:05 pm

I think of you often Beth. You have made a different in my life as well. Have a beautiful week my dear friend.

Ashley Ditto
    June 12, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Wonderful writing, amazing heart you have beautiful friend!!
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..purposeful minimizing {my journey}

June 14, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Thanks Ashley! Love you much!

~Karrilee~
    June 12, 2015 at 5:53 pm

I love that we went in a similar direction tonight my friend! We ARE World Changers… we CAN change the world!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..The World Wide Interwebs… Connected for Good! – A Five Minute Friday Post

June 14, 2015 at 9:06 pm

You are gift to this world Karrilee. I look forward to reading your post.

Shannan Williams
    June 13, 2015 at 3:30 am

You have already changed my world and for the better. You have been a major help to me and a good friend. Keep doing what you’re doing. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say. God bless you my friend ~Shannan
    Shannan Williams recently posted..Five Minute Friday – GIFT

June 14, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Oh Shannan, you bless me so much. I am thankful our paths have crossed in this crazy world of blogging!

Diana Rockwell
    June 14, 2015 at 7:24 am

Barbie, you have made a difference in my life. Thank you for your love and friendship. Diana
    Diana Rockwell recently posted..Someday I will

June 14, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Love you Diana. You are a gift and such an encouragement to me.