27 In Weekend Whispers

Wisdom // The Weekend Brew

My heart yearns for wisdom. The kind that bears good fruit. The kind that brings peace and is full of mercy. The kind that will lead others to the knowledge of God.

I am so thankful to have you here at The Weekend Brew!

theweekendbrewbutton1. Share a an encouraging post, photo or scripture.
2. Grab the button to use in your post or simply link back here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    July 17, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Not worried about wisdom right now, not really. As I write this it feels like I’m being bludgeoned to death. pain without relief of any kind. Morphine no longer works.

I have faith, and I am not alone, but land sakes this is a nightmare.

but I am here.

Sorry for the cryptic comment, best I can do right now. Hard to write around things.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Your Dying Spouse 31 – Why Is A Bad Thing Happening To ME?

July 18, 2015 at 9:17 am

Oh Andrew, please do not apologize. I am praying for you and will continue to do so. You are not alone. God is with you and you are surrounded by so many who love you and are committed to pray for you.

~ linda
      July 18, 2015 at 11:22 am

Andrew, I hold you in my prayers. I know pain but not your pain. I am sorry and also know that our God has you in His hands. He cares and comforts.
      Caring through Christ, ~ linda
      ~ linda recently posted..God of the Heavens

Betsy
    July 17, 2015 at 9:44 pm

This wisdom verse is just what I need right now, Barbie. Hard 3,5 weeks ahead of me as my husband prepares to leave to spend time with his dying mother in El Salvador, while I prepare to speak at church tomorrow, and then get things ready to leave Turkey for our 9 month relocation in Dallas. Not what I would have chosen, but this morning I’m filled with fresh hope that God is with me and will enable me.
    Betsy recently posted..10 Wonderful Reasons You Can Celebrate Today.

Michele Morin
      July 18, 2015 at 3:09 am

Betsy, this sounds like such a heavy load — and an international one. Praying for strength, confidence, patience, endurance, and . . . wisdom.
      Michele Morin recently posted..The Great Paradox

July 18, 2015 at 9:18 am

Wow Betsy, that’s a lot. Praying for extreme grace for you in the coming days. May you feel His nearness and may He give you much strength.

Elizabeth
    July 17, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Amen! Wonderful photo and a favorite scripture.
    Elizabeth recently posted..He leads me by still and restful waters…

July 18, 2015 at 9:18 am

Thanks Elizabeth. Have a blessed weekend.

Michele Morin
    July 18, 2015 at 3:07 am

Yes, Barbie, this also is the prayer of my heart. Blessings to you this weekend.
    Michele Morin recently posted..National Geographic Meets Operation World

July 18, 2015 at 9:18 am

Thanks for stopping in Michele. Blessings!

Kelly @RaisingSamuels
    July 18, 2015 at 6:18 am

Thanks for hosting, Barbie! Beautiful prayer. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Kelly @RaisingSamuels recently posted..HEDUA The Well Planned Day Planner Giveaway

July 18, 2015 at 9:19 am

Thanks Kelly!

Dawn
    July 18, 2015 at 7:18 am

Amen Sister! Amen!
    Blessings and Prayers!
    Dawn
    Dawn recently posted..Reconciled Echoes of Grace

July 18, 2015 at 9:19 am

Have a blessed weekend Dawn!

Rachael
    July 18, 2015 at 8:23 am

Beautiful! It has been a while since I have visited the Weekend Brew and linked up. It is good to be back:) Blessings to you Barbie! Love, Rachael

July 18, 2015 at 9:20 am

Rachel, I was so excited to see you here! Thanks for linking up. Enjoy your weekend.

Pamela
    July 18, 2015 at 9:39 am

I’ve been asking God for wisdom, too. Solomon was blessed when he asked for it and lead with such wisdom. I need it in my leading others, too. (Although I would never thing of dividing a baby, it worked!) I want to memorize the James verse. It has never stood out to me like it did today — pure, peaceful, unwavering…
    Pamela recently posted..Of Promises and Storms

July 19, 2015 at 8:27 am

Solomon was a man filled with wisdom, because he asked. I think sometimes I yearn for it more than I ask. Thank you to opening my eyes to the asking this morning.

~ linda
    July 18, 2015 at 11:27 am

The fruit is so close that the plump freshness gives me a clear picture of the “wisdom from above,” reminding me of all that can and is wise. I have been reading Isaiah of late, but have been reading pieces of others’ blogs that have carried verses from James. God has been urging me to read James and, thinking I “should” finish Isaiah first, I think He wants me reading both now. : ) Obedience.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..God of the Heavens

July 19, 2015 at 8:27 am

James is one of my favorite books! Have a blessed week Linda.

Holly Barrett
    July 19, 2015 at 4:27 am

Joining your prayer for wisdom, Barbie!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..The Power of a Redemption Story {Summer Blog Tour}

July 19, 2015 at 8:28 am

Thank you Holly!

Beth
    July 19, 2015 at 10:16 am

Thanks for the linkup, Barbie! Have a great rest of your Sunday/weekend, my friend.
    Beth recently posted..Comment on When Your Spouse Stonewalls You And WW Linkup by Beth Steffaniak

July 19, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Thank you Beth! Have a beautiful week.

Heather @ My Overflowing Cup
    July 19, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Wisdom is my word for 2015. My goal this year is to focus on His wisdom for my life rather than walking in my own.

Thanks for sharing, Barbie, and for hosting the link-up.

May He continue to fill your cup to overflowing.
    Heather @ My Overflowing Cup recently posted..Feeling Weak, Writing Strong