28 In Weekend Whispers

A Time To Give Praise // The Weekend Brew

In a hurting world of brokenness and uncertainty, it is time to give praise.

In our day to day lives when order quickly turns to chaos, it is time to give praise.

When a look at our life and that of others appears pretty on the outside but crumbling on the inside, it is time give praise.

When the morning dawn and the evening’s last light are the only sure thing in our day, it is time to give praise.

[tweetthis]Today is the day we pause and remember it is time to give praise to you Lord. @MaryGeisen #TheWeekendBrew[/tweetthis]

Ephesians 2-10

Heavenly Father ~

We praise you…

for loving us so well

for the creation that takes our breath away

for the children who reflect your love and share your name with others

for new mercies and forgiveness when mistakes fill our days

for the grace that fills in the cracks of our brokenness

for our highs and lows in which you are the balance

for creating us in your image

for showing us that redemption is naming the nameless and setting it free

for a world of diversity that will be knit together when we all claim you as the common thread

for giving us the gift of life through the selfless act of allowing your son Jesus to die for us.

These gifts and blessings weave us together as children of God. Our lives are made richer through your goodness and willingness to lovingly walk by our sides through the messy, the broken and hurting hearts. We praise you today and everyday that we are your children full of hope and knowledge that all things are made new through you.

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10)

How will you give praise today? Please share below in the comments.

Your presence here at The Weekend Brew is such a blessing. Thank you for joining us and for taking the time to encourage each other.

*Next week is the first post in the newly named link up, “Weekend Whispers”. If you missed Barbie’s post about the change, you can read it here.

theweekendbrewbutton1. Share a an encouraging post, photo or scripture.
2. Grab the button to use in your post or simply link back here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    August 7, 2015 at 8:56 pm

I’ll give praise by surviving, and by facing tomorrow’s killing ground with resolve and compassion.

All I can do now is put one foot in front of the other. More sophistication is not something I can reach. It’s not about triumph; it’s about endurance.

But I am not, and have never been alone.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Your Dying Spouse 40 – Here Tomorrow?

August 9, 2015 at 4:28 pm

I so appreciate your words here Andrew and how in your struggles you do not feel like you are alone. You inspire me to always keep my eyes on God. Blessings!

Elizabeth
    August 7, 2015 at 9:36 pm

I praise God that I can enter His presence, that I can talk face to face with this perfectly Holy God, because I am covered in the righteousness of His Son. Isn’t that so amazing!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Brooding…

August 9, 2015 at 4:30 pm

It is so amazing! The gift of grace that we received when Jesus died for us is one that I try not to take for granted. Sunday blessings to you and may this coming week bring you grace in abundance.

denise
    August 7, 2015 at 10:26 pm

praising God with you, and for you.

August 9, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Thank you Denise for joining us. May God provide many blessings in your upcoming week.

Joanne Viola
    August 8, 2015 at 4:46 am

Beautiful prayer! Praising God for His mercies & goodness to our family!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..5: Of Prayer, Faith & Motherhood

August 9, 2015 at 4:35 pm

I love how God just smiles when we praise Him for the blessings in our life. May God continue to watch over your family. Blessings my friend!

Michele Morin
    August 8, 2015 at 4:50 am

Thank you, God, for the abundance that is Your very nature, and that is splashed across the planet right now in the form of daisies and green beans, lush green and riotous red, deep ocean saltiness and high billowing clouds. Teach my heart to find abundance in You.

Mary, thanks for getting us all warmed up to praise this morning.
    Michele Morin recently posted..Finding Home

August 9, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Love your beautiful prayer of praise. God is smiling big right now. May this week be a time of noticing God’s goodness and praising Him along the way.

Linda Stoll
    August 8, 2015 at 6:51 am

Oh for the sincerest gratitude in each breath … He is so worthy of our praise!
    Linda Stoll recently posted..A Month Not Soon Forgotten . . .

August 9, 2015 at 4:43 pm

He is so worthy of our praise! Each minute, day, month, etc. we need to notice and say thank you. Blessed that you stopped by and shared your praise with us.

Candace
    August 8, 2015 at 8:10 am

It really is always time to give praise, my friend. Love your beautiful reminder here. I’ve been hearing God tell me it’s time to pause more. These past few weeks have flown by. We’ve been celebrating my son’s 13th birthday. They just grow up so fast. He starts back to school this week, so today I’m praising Him for these last few days at home with my little boy, just hanging out together :).
    Candace recently posted..Mending Our Hearts

August 9, 2015 at 4:45 pm

They do grow up so fast and I love hearing that you are pausing in the middle of preparations for a new school year. I am praising God with you that you have the gift of time with your son. Praying your week is blessed and the start of the school year goes smoothly.

Carol
    August 8, 2015 at 8:54 am

It refreshes our spirit to give praise. Your words are a beautiful reminder. Recently I enjoyed the majesty of His creation on the shore of Lake Superior. Praising God for all He has created. BTW Ephesians 2:10 is one of my favorite verses.
    Carol recently posted..I Have Moved!

August 9, 2015 at 4:50 pm

I imagine your time at lake Superior was a gorgeous reminder of God and His glory. I agree that we are refreshed as we notice our blessings and take the time to say thank you. Thank you for joining us Carol. I love Ephesians 2:10 also because of the reminder that we are God’s masterpiece. Those words touch me deeply. Have a blessed week!

Tara
    August 8, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Giving thanks and praise for meeting a few of the FMF ladies this week. Your post made me think of one of my all time fave Psalms; Psalm 30:5. “Weeping may come for the night but joy comes with the morning.”

August 9, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I loved hearing how much fun those ladies had meeting you Tara! We were thinking of all the beautiful FMF ladies as we gathered this weekend. Thank you for stopping by and joining in giving praise. Blessings on your week!

Mary Dolan Flaherty
    August 8, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Mary, this is such a good reminder to praise Him in ALL things, because everything that happens does so through His loving hands. I love the psalms because they start out with a lament and end with a praise. Praising Him in all circumstances is a good practice, because it keeps us dependent upon Him and focused on the positive, not the negative. How can I not praise God?!
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Lessons Learned While Lying Face Down in the Dirt

August 9, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Great question! How can we not praise God? He shows us His beauty, provides abundance and loves us so much. May we turn to praise first as we begin a new week.

Heather
    August 9, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Absolutely beautiful weds shared here, Mary. Because in the end ~ the true beginning for us all ~ is all about the Common Thread. Him.

Lovely praises.

August 9, 2015 at 5:24 pm

I love how we are connected by God who takes something simple and makes it beautiful. So good to see you here today. May we all turn to praise first as we begin the new week.

Heather
        August 10, 2015 at 10:26 am

So glad you knew I meant “words” and not “weds”. LOL Silly phone corrections. 😉

Heather
        August 10, 2015 at 10:27 am

so glad you knew I meant “words” and not “weds” … silly phone corrections! Blessings, Mary!

Beth
    August 9, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I don’t know why, but I’m always amazed at how simply praising God and thanking Him in the mundane and messy makes my attitude so much better. This is a great challenge that you put before us, Mary! But I so want to do that today and every day! Hugs to you and thanks to Barbie for the linkup!
    Beth recently posted..Comment on A Tool for Recapturing Young Love by Sheryl Siler

August 9, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Our day can change directions quickly when we take the time to start with praise for our blessings! May we all look to God first as we begin our days to remind us that He is the reason for the new day and He loves us deeply. Lots of love and hugs coming your way too!

Brenda
    August 11, 2015 at 9:14 am

Isn’t this just beautiful ~
    Reads like a sweet love song to the praiseworthy One.
    Thank you for sharing. 🙂
    Brenda recently posted..Worthy Sacrifices of Ordinary Days

August 12, 2015 at 6:04 am

What sweet words! Thank you for joining us to sing praise to our God. His love for us shines brightly as we praise Him for all. Blessings to you!