7 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Alone // Five Minute Friday

Do you ever feel alone?

I do. All too often.

I could be at home, surrounded by the people that I love, and still feel alone. Missed opportunities to connect, strained relationships, differing schedules all leave me wallowing in a cloud of self-pity, aloneness.

In a crowded room filled with friends and extended family, I often feel alone. Feeling less than, unworthy, as if I don’t measure up? Why? These are my friends and family. I know they love me.

As a full-time working, homeschooling mom, I feel alone. I don’t get to be home with my middle schooler during the day. He’s with family, in co-ops and I feel as if I am the only one who is sacrificing in this way to make this work.

FMF_Alone
I believe that when I give in to the feeling that I am alone, I am believing a lie from the enemy. He does not want me to feel as if there is anyone in the world who cares about me. But the truth is, I am never alone.

Even though I know that God is always with me, sometimes I  just long to see the tangibleness of another’s love, care and concern toward me.

If I could see God, really see him, I would run and dive into His lap and hug Him large.

[tweetthis]God makes me feel wanted, desired, accepted — but never alone. #fmf[/tweetthis]

Are you feeling alone today? May you find comfort in this, one of my favorite songs from Kari Jobe. And remember, you are not alone!

Blessed to be among writer friends who make me feel loved and accepted. We’re over at the Five Minute Friday today, writing for just 5 minutes on the word prompt “Alone”. No editing or backtracking, just fresh words flowing from my heart to yours. Come join me!

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    August 27, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Through my life, I’ve often felt alone, but never lonely. Certain experiences – ones that sear the soul – separated me from the ‘common experience’.

Hard to care about a discussion of the Super Bowl when you keep dreaming about an entire village that was martyred.

There is nothing wrong with Super Bowl World; Orwell said that people sleep safe in their beds every night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Super Bowl World is part of those values for which I fought, and for which friends died; it’s a form of innocence that deserves preservation.

But that action separates me, and leaves me quite alone…except for my CO, who was once…quite a while back…a carpenter in the Levant.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Your Dying Spouse 49 – Alone In The Fight {FMF}

SLWH
    August 28, 2015 at 7:06 am

Lovely.
    SLWH recently posted..Not Alone

Tara
    August 28, 2015 at 7:16 am

That Kari Jobe song is great. And yes THIS: “Even though I know that God is always with me, sometimes I just long to see the tangibleness of another’s love, care and concern toward me.” I’m parked in the #9 spot this week.

Carrie
    August 28, 2015 at 8:07 am

Oh yes, I used to feel alone all the time and I too believed the lie. It seized my heart for many years. Once I gave the feeling to God, He faithfully showed me – and continually reassures me – that I am not alone. In different ways: a gentle hand hold from my son, a long hug from my eldest and a lovely note left by a friend for me to read when I wake up 🙂 🙂
    Carrie recently posted..I Almost Called It Quits

Rosann
    August 28, 2015 at 9:42 am

I know that feeling of loneliness, too. I knew it very well when Mark was unemployed. But moving so far away from my parents and brothers and their families was hard for me – still is. Even though I’ve made friends where we live now, I still have days where I feel very alone. But God. He never leaves me. <3

Sabrina
    August 28, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I hear you here, Barbie! I have times when I feel the same. I *know* that I’m not alone, in my heart and in my mind. Yet, I can still feel like I’m alone. The tangible moments make a world of difference… When possible, I try to be that tangible moment to someone else in their moments of loneliness too.
    Sabrina recently posted..Alone

Mary Geisen
    August 29, 2015 at 7:15 am

Beautiful! Kari Jobe’s song is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing your heart so deeply. Love and hugs!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Alone