24 In Weekend Whispers

The Rhythm Of Worship // Weekend Whispers

God tends to our every need even before we are aware it is a need. He breathes His strength into our very souls when we speak His name. He whispers hope into our hearts when uncertainty plagues our vision. This rhythm of seeking God and finding Him exactly where He said He would be is worship. It’s when our heartbeat becomes one with God and the beating of the two creates the music of praise.

rhythm of worship

[tweetthis]Worship is the cadence of our day joined with the heart of Jesus. @MaryGeisen #weekendwhispers[/tweetthis]

For me, the rhythm of worship is found most easily when I take walks outside. The very act of walking is a time to unite my heartbeat with my footsteps. My breathing is a steady cadence of inhale and exhale. Everything seems to fall into place and just feels right. God never fails to meet me when I slow down. He loves when we draw closer to Him.

I am learning that the rhythm of worship takes place anytime we invite God to become part of our day. It can be drawing Him close in our quiet time, leaning into listen, quick prayers lifted up for others throughout the day or anytime we intentionally ask Him to be in the ordinary, mundane that we walk though daily. When we invite God to join the simple moments of our day, we choose to link arms with Him and this union creates peace. A sense of peace frees our hearts and souls to accept where we are and what we are doing at that particular time in our day. We are grateful for the blessing and we express our gratitude as an act of worship.

[tweetthis]If worship is the act of showing love & respect for God, then time with Him is worship. @MaryGeisen #weekendwhispers[/tweetthis]

We most often think of worship as a time of singing our praise and thanks through music. It is one of my favorite ways of giving myself humbly to God. But I am realizing that worship is part of our everyday when we intentionally invite God to be present.

So whether we are singing with voices lifted to God or bowing down low to ask for God’s mercies, we are worshiping our amazing God.

So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last!
My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath;
My arms wave like banners of praise to you.
(Psalm 63:2-4 MSG)

How will you worship God today and what does worship look like in your everyday life?

This post is part of a series on Life’s Rhythms that can all be found here at Barbie’s weekend home. Click here, here and here to catch up!

Barbie Swihart
  1. Link up a post that shares how God is whispering to your heart as you walk out your journey.
  2. Visit the person who linked up before you. You can visit more, but you must commit to visit at least this one. Please do not link and leave.
  3. Grab the new button or link back here and share this growing community with others.

Beth Willis miller
    August 22, 2015 at 3:29 am

Mary, WOW! My heart resonates with everything you’ve written in this post, especially, “When we sync ourselves with God, we experience a steady rhythm in our lives. When we invite this rhythm to be present, we feel a gratitude for the gifts that God has given us. Worship takes place when God is present in our ordinary, extraordinary, messy and beautiful. He provides the rhythm we need to stay in sync with Him and the rest of our lives.” Every word. So. True. Many blessings to you ❤️
    Beth Willis miller recently posted..Romans 8:28…trusting His heart

August 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Thank you for your beautiful encouragement. These words that you referenced are so God-breathed and such a gift from Him. I am blessed that you were touched by these words. Thank you for always joining Barbie and I here on the weekends.

Michele Morin
    August 22, 2015 at 5:36 am

Mary and Barbie, I linked up with a book review this week that reminded me of our lovely little community right here. I’m thankful for this space, and for the reinforcement it provides to our oneness in Christ and our worship.
    Michele Morin recently posted..Books for a Backyard Safari

August 22, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Thank you for the compliment Michele. I love this weekend community and the spirit of encouragement that lives here. I also love knowing that I will get to see you each week. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Chris Malkemes
    August 22, 2015 at 6:26 am

Faithful are those who know Him in the faithfulness of His love. Drawing near to this amazing, mighty God takes the Spirit touching the spirit as we humbling yield in His presence. This Unseen sees, moves and invests Himself into the who draw near to Him. What a whisper of love envelopes the full measure of praise. This is a daily grasping, reaching and fellowship. It is our living water, daily bread and real manna from heaven. Without it we are malnourished, stunted in our growth and needing Him beyond measure. Oh! How I praise His daily walk with His own – the Shepard walks among His sheep. Those who walk closer to Him know it for a fact not a theory. Thank you for sharing. Blessings….Chris

August 22, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Beautiful words, Chris! Knowing God and drawing closer to Him is a blessing. So good to see you here today! I am continuing to keep you in prayer.

Joanne Viola
    August 22, 2015 at 7:14 am

Mary, a beautiful post. This here speaks deeply > “…worship is part of our everyday when we intentionally invite God to be present.” My desire is to intentionally invite God to be present in my life, every day, every moment. A most powerful reminder. Blessings!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..5: For Parenting & Back To School

August 22, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Love having you here Joanne! Thank you for your sweet words. I pray we may all invite God into our everyday as a way of showing thanks and praise. Blessings!

Linda Stoll
    August 22, 2015 at 10:54 am

He whispers softly, gently, in the quiet breezes that blow …

And we sing ‘holy, holy.’
    Linda Stoll recently posted..4 Quick Fixes For When You’re Feeling a Bit Tightly Wound

August 22, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Amen! There is such simple beauty and truth in your words. Love having you here Linda! Weekend blessings!

~ linda
    August 22, 2015 at 12:32 pm

How fine! Our “sync”…syncopation, syncing…in beat with the One Who gave us a heart beat…drawing near and nearer. You have given me much to ponder this afternoon. I am blessed.
    ~ linda recently posted..Alone With Jesus

August 22, 2015 at 6:38 pm

I would love to hear more about your ponderings!!! Praying that these words brought you not only a chance for reflection but also a time for worship. Blessings to you!

Mary Dolan Flaherty
    August 23, 2015 at 8:41 am

Mary, I can so relate to this, as I LOVE being outdoors. When I walk or hike, I don’t listen to music, like some, because that would tune out the voice of God. He always speaks to me in the woods, or just on a morning walk. As the my rhythm joins His, it is truly worship. Love this.
    Mary Dolan Flaherty recently posted..Mixing Up Scripture Verses

August 23, 2015 at 6:48 pm

I think we would get along great! I do listen to music many times when I walk but trust me God’s voice is still present. I love how worship looks different for all of us but knowing that it is drawing close to God is the common factor. Love having you here and hearing your voice in this conversation.

Beth
    August 23, 2015 at 11:45 am

I really woke up to the fact that worship is something I should do all throughout my day after reading, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, Mary. I don’t know if you’ve read that book but it’s a great one that has altered the way I come to the “altar” ever since! 😉 I love your thoughts here, my friend. We truly do need to make an intentional effort to invite the Lord into our present moment and seek His face when we are sinking in fear or uncertainty. Thanks also to Barbie for the linkup!
    Beth recently posted..Comment on Trusting God with My Marriage And WW Linkup by Robi Smith

August 23, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I have not read that book, Beth but it sounds like a good one. I just love how happy God must be when we intentionally spend time with Him. The image of that makes me want to invite Him in over and over. Thank you for being here and joining in with your words and encouragement.

Mindy
    August 23, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Whispered hope, two hearts beating, the music of praise – wonderful weekend post.
    Mindy recently posted..Never stop singing

August 23, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Such sweet images! I love how you whispered those words back to all of us today. Blessings as you begin a new week.

Kelly @RaisingSamuels
    August 23, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Beautiful and inspirational article. Thanks for sharing and for hosting the party. Hope you have a wonderful week 🙂
    Kelly @RaisingSamuels recently posted..Social Butterfly Sunday #12

August 23, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Thank you Kelly! I hope these words wrap around you as you begin a new week. Happy week to you!

June
    August 23, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Mary, this echos so beautifully my reading from Oswald Chambers this morning. Inviting Him into our lives seems so simply, and yet it is something we must consciously do each and every day, and so often don’t. The cadence, the rhythm of dancing with Him. I love the picture in my minds eye, us as little children, our feet on top of His as He leads us in this dance of life. A beautiful post, my friend. Have a blessed week!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . ridin’ the rails {of life}

August 23, 2015 at 6:58 pm

What a beautiful picture! There is nothing like watching a child standing on their dad’s feet while he is dancing. I love how these words connected with your devotional reading from Oswald Chambers. God is good in that way. May your week be blessed!

Julie Lefebure
    August 23, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Beautiful words, Mary. I especially love these: “But I am realizing that worship is part of our everyday when we intentionally invite God to be present.” Amen and amen! A timely reminder for my Sunday. Thank you! Thanks to Barbie, too for hosting us all at My Freshly Brewed Life. Much love to you both!

August 23, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Love seeing you here today, Julie! I love how God sends reminders to me often and then I need to be intentional to embrace the truths that He shares with me. Hope that your week is blessed.