32 In Weekend Whispers

Weekend Whispers Welcomes…

*If you are visiting me from Write31Days, I am taking a break today to introduce my new Weekend Whispers co-host. I will be back tomorrow with more on my series of “writing free”.

Friends, I am so excited to introduce to you my new Weekend Whispers co-host. As I shared in a previous posts, when Mary told me she was stepping down, I wasn’t sure whether or not I would continue the link up. It is so important to me to continue to build community through reading and commenting, and I wasn’t sure I could do it on my own.

I asked a dear friend to pray with me, for God’s direction. And then I had the thought to ask her if she would consider coming alongside of me here at Weekend Whispers. And she said “Yes”!

Carrie and I have been blogging friends for a few years now. I met her through her former blog, Let Hearts Bloom. She has been such an encouragement to me on my journey, even while she was on a writing sabbatical over the last year. I know that Carrie has a big heart for community and I cannot wait for you to get to know her.ย  Carrie will be writing here every other weekend and interacting through comments and vising your lovely blogs.

I thought it would be fun to introduce Carrie to you “interview style”.ย  Without further adieu, meet Carrie of Heart De Novo.

Carrie.560
Tell us about yourself

My day to day goal is to be wholly present for my husband and four children – an idea I didn’t accept in the beginning because it wasn’t part of “my” plan. But God didn’t give in, leading us to move several states away from family and friends so we could afford to keep me home. The transition was difficult. I kicked and screamed the first year.

I tried frantically to steer a course apart from God. I failed and suffered miserably for it. I’m heartbroken still by the choices I made.

Today I celebrate His Goodness, embrace His Will and thank Him for blessing me with the homemaker and homeschooler role. It’s been an incredible 15-year awakening!

How long have you been blogging and how have you evolved as a blogger?

Off and on for six years. Initially I blogged about homeschooling but it fell flat. I seemed to be rewriting what others wrote. Plus I lacked confidence. I continually surfed the Net, trying to think of an original niche all the while creating and designing new blogs and experimenting with code. One day I stopped writing. I almost gave it up. Until I listened to the words of a dear friend and surrendered the reins to God. In a matter of weeks, He laid out a fresh blog purpose, down to the exact categories! And I found my voice!

Tell us about your new blog, Heart De Novo, and your purpose for it.

On Heart De Novo I celebrate a renewed heart for Christ. I want to honor Him in what I do, think and say.

I believe if we share our stories we can help others on their faith journey. I lived a rebellious life for decades – years I cannot recapture – and The Lord actively pursued me. I want to offer hope and encouragement because I am proof He makes all things new.

What do you love most about blogging?

I love that I can use my passion for writing as a sort of ministry. The online connections, specifically those made and nurtured within the Christian blogging community, are priceless to me!

As Co-Host for the Weekend Whispers link up, what are you most looking forward to?

The Bible is still new to me. Often I feel as if I’m scrambling to catch up. I am super excited to learn from the awesome bloggers who link to Weekend Whispers! I’m thrilled to support you, Barbie, and I’m grateful for this opportunity to meet and fellowship with sisters in Christ!

Do you have a favorite quote?

There it was, whole and perfect. With delight she admired the beautiful form, the airy lightness, the marvelous mechanism of a thing that was destined so soon to be scattered by the wind.

*Hans Christian Andersen, There Is A Difference

Dandelion
Do you have any hobbies?

Photography. I have an overloaded Pinterest photography board to read plus a DVD course to watch! I simply have to give something else up first so I can dig in and reignite my passion for taking pictures again.

Piano. I started year three and something clicked over the past month. I feel comfortable moving my hands around on the keys and I’ve learned to trust my ear. It is fun and fulfilling.

Minimalism. This is the longest I’ve lived in a house and the stuff we’ve accumulated is embarrassing! It steals my peace so I’m taking baby steps to remove the clutter. It’s definitely a process that requires patience!

Carrie, I am so looking forward to having you along on this journey!

Friends, thank you for welcoming Carrie to the Weekend Whispers community. Click the beautiful button below to be taken to her blog, Heart De Novo.

HEART DE NOVO
You can also connect with Carrie on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.

Thank you for being here at Weekend Whispers.

Barbie Swihart
  1. Link up a post that shares how God is whispering to your heart as you walk out your journey.
  2. Visit the person who linked up before you. You can visit more, but you must commit to visit at least this one. Please do not link and leave.
  3. Grab the new button or link back here and share this growing community with others.

Michele Morin
    October 3, 2015 at 3:08 am

Welcome, Carrie, and blessings on this new pairing of hearts for ministry.
    Thank you, Barbie, for persevering. I feel led to share this verse with you today:
    Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. I Co. 15:58
    Michele Morin recently posted..Embrace the Detour

October 3, 2015 at 6:29 am

Thank you, Michele! The apostle Paul is one of my Biblical heroes! This is the perfect verse to start my journey here at WW! Blessings!
      Carrie recently posted..Looking Backward To Appreciate Now

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    October 3, 2015 at 4:28 am

Hi, Carrie, we’re glad you’re here!

And Barbara…thank you for keeping on. This community is important for all of us, and I hope we have never, ever taken you, or your efforts, for granted.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Your Dying Spouse 64 – Family, Untied {MF}

October 3, 2015 at 6:32 am

Thank you, Andrew! I’m excited to support Barbie and this wonderful community she has built and to get to know all of you! Blessings to you!
      Carrie recently posted..Looking Backward To Appreciate Now

Joanne Viola
    October 3, 2015 at 5:05 am

Welcome Carrie! It will be wonderful to get to know you more as there is always room for more friends ๐Ÿ™‚ It is nice to “meet” you & I look forward to reading all you & Barbie have in store for this community! Blessings to you both!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Day 3: Are You Salty?

October 3, 2015 at 6:35 am

Thank you, Joanne! I look forward to visiting everyone’s blogs and getting to know you too! This community has held a special place in my heart. Blessings!
      Carrie recently posted..Looking Backward To Appreciate Now

Constance Ann Morrison
    October 3, 2015 at 6:16 am

Welcome, Carrie! I’m looking forward to seeing your photographs.
    Constance Ann Morrison recently posted..Itโ€™s Harvest Time!

October 3, 2015 at 6:40 am

Thank you, Constance! I’m eager to learn new skills and light that fire again for taking photos! This wonderful opportunity to be a part of WW is the perfect time to do so! Blessings!
      Carrie recently posted..Looking Backward To Appreciate Now

Mary Flaherty
    October 3, 2015 at 7:08 am

Welcome, Carrie! I’m so glad Barbie and you will be co-hosting. I’m sure it is a lot of work—like lots of things, it looks like fun, but until we actually do it, we have no idea how much is work and how much is fun. I love the pictures on your blog and am happy to see that the world has at least one more recovering perfectionist besides myself! Barbie, I wish you and Carrie much success and many blessings as you continue your linkups. Thanks for not giving up! I look forward to it every week.
    Mary Flaherty recently posted..Crockpot Joy

October 3, 2015 at 7:53 am

What a sweet comment, Mary, thank you! I was quite nervous about taking the step to co-host but thoughtfulness like yours has reassured me I’m exactly where I am meant to be! I look forward to getting to know you better. Blessings!
      Carrie recently posted..Looking Backward To Appreciate Now

Lyli @ 3dlessons4life.com
    October 3, 2015 at 7:15 am

Lovely to “meet you,” Carrie! ๐Ÿ™‚

October 3, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Thank you, Lyli! I enjoy seeing your posts on “Pray Big”. It’s such a blessing to be included in groups that pray for others. Blessings!

Cynthia
    October 3, 2015 at 8:30 am

Welcome to a wonderful and inspirational blog, Carrie! Barbie’s blog has spoken to my heart many times. Although I do not always comment, I often stop by to receive a little joy and encouragement before I begin work in my studio. Much joy and many blessings to you and Barbie!
    Cynthia recently posted..Heart-to-Heart in Prayer

October 3, 2015 at 9:11 am

Thank you, Cynthia! I too receive much comfort and encouragement here! What a terrific way to begin your day. Many Blessings!
      Carrie recently posted..Looking Backward To Appreciate Now

June
    October 3, 2015 at 10:09 am

You’re very welcome here, Carrie! Barbie and friends have built a loving and authentic community here. I’m looking forward to checking out your blog and hearing from you here at Weekend Whispers!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . Day 3: His Name, Jehovah-Mโ€™Kaddesh

October 3, 2015 at 10:56 am

Thank you, June, for the warm welcome and encouragement! I look forward to this opportunity on Weekend Whispers!

Kym
    October 3, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Welcome, Carrie! I’m another regular reader but infrequent commenter. ๐Ÿ™‚ I do appreciate this community and am very glad it is continuing.
    Kym recently posted..Scripture and a Snapshot – Ask the Animals

October 3, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Thank you, Kym! I’m thrilled the community is ongoing – I’d be lost on the web without it! Blessings to you!

Bev Duncan @ Walking Well With God
    October 3, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Carrie,
    Welcome!! I am relatively new to the weekend crew, but have enjoyed getting to know these ladies. Looking forward to what you will be sharing…if willing to be vulnerable, we can all learn from each other to benefit the Kingdom!
    Blessings,
    Bev
    Bev Duncan @ Walking Well With God recently posted..Why Encouragement Is Crucial

October 3, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Thank you, Bev! I love that Weekend Whispers is growing and attracting new writers. I too look forward to all I learn from everyone. Blessings!

Nannette and the Sweetheart
    October 4, 2015 at 7:29 am

Welcome! Love your passion for ministry. I truly believe blogging can be that if we let God direct our steps. He is faithful โ™ฅ
    Nannette and the Sweetheart recently posted..Frozen to the Sword

October 4, 2015 at 9:29 am

Thank you, Nannette! It wasn’t until I handed the whole idea of a new blog to God that the purpose became clear. I owe it to
      Him to share The Gospel and offer hope. I’m honored to do so with this wonderful group of writers! Blessings to you!

Beth
    October 4, 2015 at 10:09 am

A great big welcome to Carrie, and a thank you to you, Barbie for providing this place for community among bloggers.
    Beth recently posted..Comment on New Mind, New Marriage And WW Linkup by Your Sexy Wife is Your Calling WWLD Day 1 – Christian Home Life

October 4, 2015 at 10:53 am

Thank you for the welcome, Beth! I too love this community that Barbie provides. Blessings!

October 4, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Love that you are here Beth!

Gayl
    October 4, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Welcome, Carrie! I’m sure between you and Barbie we will have some wonderful, encouraging words to read. May God bless you both!
    Gayl recently posted..Sabbath Rest and a Prayer

October 4, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Oh, what kind words, Gayl! We are thankful for all of you! Many blessings!

Lori Schumaker
    October 5, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Yay! Barbie, I’m so glad God is working all this out for you! Carrie seems like a treasure and I look forward to getting to know her! I’m sure I’ll be blessed beyond belief just as I have always been each time I visit here ๐Ÿ™‚
    Blessings and smiles,
    Lori

October 5, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Thanks so much Lori!

October 7, 2015 at 7:21 am

I pray The Lord brings me words to encourage and uplift, Lori! This is an incredible community – I want to do my best for Barbie and for all of you!

Brenda
    October 5, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Nice to meet you, Carrie. I pray the Lord richly blesses Heart De Novo.
    Look forward to getting to know you. (P.S. ~ I love photography too. ๐Ÿ™‚ )
    ~ Best to you ~

October 7, 2015 at 7:28 am

Thank you, Brenda! I look forward to getting to know you (and seeing your photos) too!