27 In Weekend Whispers

Your Love Is Like The Ocean // Weekend Whispers

When I am struggling to write, I know that God’s Word speaks volumes. So this morning, I’ve just been reflecting on God and His love for me, how it keeps me, protects me and continues to carry me through life. I picture my heart, small and broken, feeling insignificant at times, being carried along in His ocean of love and grace. This painting I did a while back describes it perfectly.

Lovelikeanocean2*Words taken from “Your Love Is Like an Ocean” by Rick Pino.

The next time your heart feels weary, small and insignificant, I pray you will reflect on the strength of God’s love. He’s got you, my friend, and He will not let you go.

Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. (Ephesians 3:17-18 NLT)

Come join the conversation at the Weekend Whispers link up. #weekendwhispers Click To Tweet

We are so grateful that you are here!

Barbie Swihart
  1. Link up a post that shares how God is whispering to your heart as you walk out your journey.
  2. Visit the person who linked up before you. You can visit more, but you must commit to visit at least this one. Please do not link and leave.
  3. Grab the new button or link back here and share this growing community with others.

Michele Morin
    October 31, 2015 at 9:51 am

Thank you for sharing the gift of your painting as well as your words today. And thanks for making the effort to curate this place of meeting for us all!
    Michele Morin recently posted..It’s Time!

November 1, 2015 at 7:31 am

You’re welcome Michele. It’s always a joy to have you.

Carrie
    October 31, 2015 at 10:30 am

The idea of His vast ocean of Love and the scripture you chose is perfect! And when life tosses us around, to know He’s got it – what a powerful promise and an encouragement we can all carry everyday! I adore the heart you nestled into the painting. Hugs!

November 1, 2015 at 7:31 am

Thanks Carrie! Have a blessed and beautiful day.

Julie Lefebure
    October 31, 2015 at 10:49 am

Thank you, Barbie. Sometimes the simple, yet profound words are what we need to read/hear the most. Your words are good reminders for me today. Beautiful painting, friend! Thank you for hosting us here each weekend. Bless you!
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..Friend, You Are A Difference Maker

November 1, 2015 at 7:32 am

Thank you for blessing us with your presence here Julie!

Gayl
    October 31, 2015 at 12:50 pm

I love your painting, Barbie! I’m so glad God’s love covers and holds us. He is our stronghold and will never let us go. Blessings to you!
    Gayl recently posted..The Kingdom of God is Like a Surprise During Church

November 1, 2015 at 7:32 am

AMEN Gayl!

Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
    October 31, 2015 at 6:18 pm

You said this beautifully, Barbie. You’re such a great witness to faith and to God’s love!

And you are always in my thought and prayers. The odds are against us ever meeting in person, in this life, but I am honoured that I may count you as my friend.

You make the world a better place.
    Andrew Budek-Schmeisser recently posted..Your Dying Spouse 76 – Heart Like Bacon {FMF}

November 1, 2015 at 7:33 am

Andrew, you are such a source of strength and encourage, despite your challenges in life. I look forward to the day when we will meet on the other side. Praying for you my dear friend.

Elizabeth
    October 31, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Oh, how satan uses negative circumstances in our lives to accuse God’s heart to us. To be unshakeably rooted in confidence of His great love is my heart’s desire.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Like a green olive tree in the house of God…

November 1, 2015 at 7:34 am

Mine too, Elizabeth. So thankful you stopped by.

Rachelle
    November 1, 2015 at 2:34 am

Love the painting Barbie! Thank you for sharing today. Ephesians 3:17-18 is exactly what I needed to read this morning! What a beautiful reminder of how deeply He loves us! 🙂 ❤

November 1, 2015 at 7:36 am

So thankful it blessed you Rachelle!

Joanne Viola
    November 1, 2015 at 3:39 am

Love the painting & the thought you brought to us all, Barbie. The reminder of His love for us never grows old. You brought it fresh & your painting is beautiful. I also love the new look of your site. You always have an inviting space both in appearance and in heart! May He bless you deeply today!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Day 31: Do You Love Me?

November 1, 2015 at 7:38 am

Thanks Joanne! I know I tend to rearrange the furniture here often, but it keeps it fresh, especially since I haven’t quite gotten the writing MOJO back. Thank you for stopping by!

Nannette and the Sweetheart
    November 1, 2015 at 4:55 am

That scripture from Ephesians 3 just blows me away! “And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should….” So many things we cannot understand without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We have much to be thankful for today as His Word comes alive to us! ♥
    Nannette and the Sweetheart recently posted..Go for the Rescue!

November 1, 2015 at 7:39 am

So true Nannette! So glad you stopped by.

Lyli @ 3dlessons4life.com
    November 1, 2015 at 8:27 am

Our church is studying Ephesians right now, and last night Pastor spoke on those powerful verses from Ephesians 3. Your word here are like a big Amen to his sermon. 🙂

November 1, 2015 at 8:39 am

That’s awesome! Have a beautiful Sunday Lyli.

June
    November 1, 2015 at 10:16 am

One of my favorite paintings, Barbie – a beautiful, visual reminder of His love. Sabbath blessings, friend.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . a month in photos: October

November 1, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Have a blessed week June!

Trudy
    November 1, 2015 at 1:00 pm

This is beautiful, Barbie, both the message and your painting. This line really touches my heart – “I picture my heart, small and broken, feeling insignificant at times, being carried along in His ocean of love and grace.” I love this thought! Thank you.
    Trudy recently posted..New This Month: Links, Quotes, Books & More

November 1, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Thank you for stopping by Trudy and so thankful you were blessed!

bluecottonmemory
    November 1, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Praying we both stand in the overflow of Him this week – and that it washes anything not of Him away!

November 3, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Thanks friend! I have been sensing His love for me this week.

November 1, 2015 at 7:47 pm