8 In 52 Lists Project

52 Lists Project V. 3 // The Things I Should Be Proud Of

As I was mulling over this week’s list topic, it was hard for me to separate those things I should be proud of with what most came to my mind — the things I am proud of. So I’m tweaking the topic just a bit and sharing the things I am proud of, in no particular order.

52Lists2016_Banner

The things I am  proud of.

I am proud of my husband. He has remained steady through adversity. He keeps me grounded and turns me back to Jesus when I think it’s easier to go my own way.

I am proud of my four children. They all know and love the Lord, and serve Him with their gifts and talents. My oldest two children are worship leaders at my church. My youngest daughter is an associate worship leader. Although my youngest son hasn’t quite figured out if he’s gifted in worship, he’s beginning to explore worship through the use of his voice and I love hearing him sing.

I am proud of my grandson. It’s so awesome to watch your children become parents. This little guy brings me so much pleasure.

I am proud of my girlfriends. Strong women of faith who persevere in times of trial. They keep me grounded, give me strength and make me laugh.

I am proud of my accomplishments as a writer. I have been blogging for almost  8 years. About three years ago I self-published my first book and it makes me proud to know how much it’s touched people.

I am proud of my ability to use my gifts and talents to help other bloggers. I’ve had the privilege to design a few blogs and have a couple of clients that I edit for regularly. It brings me so much joy to help others in this way.

I am proud of my ability to homeschool my youngest son while working full time. It’s definately a challenge, but he is beginning to thrive and that gives me hope for next year.

I am proud of my commitment to my marriage. We’ve weathered some storms and are still walking through a hard season, but I love this man with all I have. We will celebrate 28 years in August.

I am proud of my ability to forgive quickly and not harbor bitterness. I cannot hold a grudge. It’s just not in me.

I am proud of my ability to seek God through His Word and in worship. It’s not perfect but it’s a decision I try to make every day.

How about you my friend. What is something you are proud of? I would love for you to share in the comments below.

Each week in 2016 I will be joining Chasing Slow for the 52 Lists Project. You can find all of the posts in this series by clicking the button below.

52Lists2016
I’m linking up with Chasing Slow for the 52 Lists Project.

52 lists with Chasing Slow

Rachelle Craig
    January 26, 2016 at 2:51 am

I am proud of how much my relationship with the Lord has grown since I began online Bible Studies, and started meeting some beautiful women in Christ. I am proud to attempt blogging, I never would have thought that I would ever go there! Thank you for designing my beautiful blog! You are truly an inspiration. I see how you handle trials, and you do it all in faith and love! I am proud to call you one of my new friends, and I look forward to growing with you. ❤

January 26, 2016 at 6:56 am

Oh Rachelle, you bless my heart so this morning. I am proud to call you friend as well.

Dot
    January 26, 2016 at 3:45 am

I am proud to be a daughter of the one true God, I am proud my faith has been getting stronger as the last two years have gone by. I am proud of my husband for trying to be successful in working for himself even in the worst months he does not give up. I am proud of my son who helped so many people in his passing through his life. He is now with Jesus. His faith was always there even at times when he really felt alone. I am proud of my daughter for her perseverance in life and her love of God. My grandsons who are in a christian preschool and tell me about God and heaven at age 4.
    Most of all I am thankful to God for always loving me.

January 26, 2016 at 6:58 am

Dot, what beautiful things to be proud of!

Carrie
    January 26, 2016 at 7:47 am

I loved your list, Barbie! And I’m awed by your inability to hold a grudge as this is my weakest trait. But the Lord is working hard on me so prayerfully one day I too can say the same 🙂 I’m proud of finally listening to God’s nudge to homeschool. It was His pathway to reunite me to Him and now I am discipling my children. It has changed our lives….or rather He has changed our lives! Hugs!

Chasing Slow
    January 26, 2016 at 10:42 am

Congratulations on nearly 28 years of marriage! I loved your input on being proud of and not “should”. I had a hard week and “should” is what carried me through this list, but I believe that we need to hold our heads high and be proud. (in a modest manner). Thank you for encouraging me today with this thought.

Hannah
    January 27, 2016 at 5:04 pm

What a beautiful list, Barbie!

I am proud of my courageous husband, my miracle son and the ability to homeschool him, my progress as a writer, and most of all…I am proud to be a daughter of the King! ❤️

Paula
    January 27, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I’m so glad you posted all this. It makes me happy to see it.