10 In 52 Lists Project

52 Lists Project v.6 // The Ways In Which I Can Love Others

Different people have different needs. The way in which I show love to my spouse or children may be different than the way I show love to my friends.  I’m learning too that there are times when others need to be loved in a certain way, often in a different way.

This week’s list is the ways in which you can love others. Today I will share some of the simple ways I extend God’s love to those around me.

Extend grace
Offer a hug
Lend a hand
Be quick to forgive
Give undivided attention
Cook a meal
Buy a gift
Write a note
Say a prayer
Share God’s love

What is one way in which you show others love? I would love for you to share in the comments below.

Each week in 2016 I will be joining Chasing Slow for the 52 Lists Project. You can find all of the posts in this series by clicking the button below.

52Lists2016

Linked up with Chasing Slow.

52ListsProject

Chasing Slow
    February 16, 2016 at 8:55 am

I’m so touched by everyone’s lists. I know that God is walking beside and I feel it every week as I gather with each friend’s list and read the hearts overflowing with blessings. I just wish I could express to everyone how much they mean to me.

February 17, 2016 at 7:14 am

I’m so thankful to have stumbled upon your blog and the 52Lists Project!

Michele Morin
    February 16, 2016 at 9:20 am

What a great reason to write a list!

February 17, 2016 at 7:14 am

Thanks for stopping by Michele!

Carrie
    February 16, 2016 at 12:34 pm

I love how all the things on your list were specific actions. Love is action. I show love by keeping a regular routine: a time for everything. My kids know always where to find me and my spouse always knows I’m trying my best 🙂

February 17, 2016 at 7:15 am

What a great way to show love Carrie!

Mary Geisen
    February 16, 2016 at 2:51 pm

You covered most of the ways that I show love too. One thing that I would add is being present when with family or friends. It is like your being attentive but for me it is making sure that they are the only ones that matter when you are with them. Hugs and happy week to you!

February 17, 2016 at 7:16 am

Being present with those I love really does show love. So glad you stopped by Mary!

Patty Scott
    February 17, 2016 at 7:43 am

I love the idea of making a list of how to love. I work well with lists. They make me get into action (usually!) … This is something I’m focusing on more as I talk about this year with friends: How do I intentionally show love to those around me? How can I be a better wife, mother, friend? This post was simple, but inspired me, Barbie.

Joy Lenton
    February 18, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Great ideas, Barbie. This is kind of an addition to your “Give undivided attention.” I think I might add ‘Listening without interruption’ because it doesn’t come easily to me! In my eagerness to contribute to the conversation, I’m in danger of second guessing things and speaking too soon. So I have to make a conscious effort at times to lovingly bite my lip, wait my turn and hear the other person out until they’ve finished their sentence or more.. 🙂 x