Whispers of His Grace // Weekend Whispers

When I redesigned my blog in January, I was given a new tagline, I believe by the Lord — Whispers of Grace.

Whispers of Grace
I believe the Lord is taking me on a journey of truly leaning in and listening, hearing His voice among the noise and clamoring of life. It’s not always easy for me to hear Him. Especially lately. I run in “shut down” or “shut off” mode more days than I care to admit. Or perhaps I’m on auto pilot, living in the mundane, and forgetting to live in the “in between”.

But His grace, it’s always there. Its surrounds me. It overwhelmes me in moments when I think I’ve come to the end. It lifts my head up when heaviness descends upon me. It gives me the strength to get out of bed in the morning, to drive to work, to homeschool plan and do all of the things that I need to do each day.

On those days when life feels overwhelming and my ear is turned to the noise of this world, I must stop and ask Him,

What grace are You whispering to my heart today?

When I hear, “You messed up again”,
His grace whispers ,”I am the God of second chances.”

When I hear, “You’ll never finish what you started”,
His grace whispers, “I will give you the strength to complete the race.”

When I hear, “You are ugly”,
His grace whispers, “You are lovely.”

When I hear, “You’re not a good teacher”,
His grace whispers, “I am your teacher and will give you the wisdom you need.”

When I hear, “You are not enough”,
His grace whispers, “In Me, you are enough.”

When I hear, “You’re too old to make a difference”,
His grace whispers, “I’m not finished with you yet.”

What grace is God whispering to your heart today?

WeekendWhispersLinkUpButton_2016
Weekend Whispers is place to share what God is whispering to your heart. It can be a post, a photo, a scripture — just as long as it’s encouraging and uplifting. Be sure to visit your link-up neighbors. *Please link up ONE post. Any additional posts may be deleted. We do not want to distract people from visiting one another. We appreciate your understanding.

1. Joy Lenton says:

Barbie, you are on a journey that will be full of wonder and transformation. These were my thoughts too: “I believe the Lord is taking me on a journey of truly leaning in and listening, hearing His voice among the noise and clamoring of life” when ‘listen’ was His focus word for me in 2014. It is well worth the pausing, praying, leaning in and listening and I can already see it bearing fruit for you in the way you write. Is it easy? No way. In a crazy-busy world it feels counter-intuitive to stop and make time to listen to God. And we still battle with hearing negative voices too that try to shut out His voice. So I love the way you’ve countered them here with the truth of God’s word!
    The lovely thing is that as we still our souls He rewards us with words which bless and encourage us and those we may share them with. We also have the gift of joy and peace in His presence. I still try to have those longer quiet, listening times and journal the journey. It’s good to look back and reflect on how God has led and fed us in the past because it builds faith that He will do so again. Praying that you will be greatly blessed in every way as you make more room for those Whispers of grace. <3

2. Joanne Viola says:

Barbie, your post brought to mind the song by Casting Crowns, The Voice of Truth. I have now listened to it 3X ๐Ÿ™‚ May the voice of His truth drown out all other voices. May “His voice of truth tell YOU a different story”. Have a blessed weekend!

3. I’m always so blessed by your quest for grace and truth. Blessings to you as you persevere – You’re like Jacob: “I won’t let you go until you bless me!” This takes boldness and courage, and my prayer for you today is that you would persevere in righteousness.
    Thanks for your faithful presence here.

4. Jed says:

Beautifully written and very well said. There are so many ways that God whispers His grace to us. Thank you for the reminder of how awesome and gracious our God is. As our family faces new challenges this year, I’m finding that these frequent reminders are much needed, and incredibly helpful. This week we believe that God is giving us the grace to patiently press forward, knowing that He is willing and able to work all of our ups and downs for our good and His glory. Wishing you a blessed and grace-filled week.

• Barbie says:

Thank you so much for stopping by Jed. I have to stop and remind myself every day that His grace abounds, still more and more. Will be praying for your family and the challenges you are facing.

5. Brenda says:

(((Barbie))) Such beauty in grace, isn’t there? So thankful He doesn’t let the enemy get the last word. He’s always right there with that whisper of grace. Thank you for sharing your heart so openly. You are an example of grace. (((blessings)))

6. Carly says:

This is beautiful. I love that God is always there with words of grace he wants to whisper. This reminds me of the importance of being quiet and listening for him as there are so many other voices that can distract us from his whispers.

• Barbie says:

This is so true Carly. If we want to hear those whispers clearly, we must take the time to be still. Thanks for stopping by.

7. Barbie, I love your new tag line “Whispers of Grace”. I know I need His grace all throughout the day, every day. I can get caught up in doing my thing and ignore His promptings to draw near. What a great reminder to slow down and listen for His voice. Happy to be linking up with you today!

8. Joan says:

God is whispering to me that even though somedays I don’t feel I’ve “done enough” to spend time with Him, He is always waiting with open arms. His mercies are new each morning! I’m so thankful for His love and grace!

Blessings, Joan

P.S. I love the new layout of your blog – very lovely!

• Barbie says:

So thankful for new mercies. Thank you for the comments about my blog design. I was able to do it all myself this time. Blessings!

9. Mitzi says:

Such a beautiful and heartfelt post. So good that you are able to “Listen” and even better that you are able to Hear.

10. Dawn says:

Isn’t Grace Amazing, Barbie? I love the way He has led you through whispers, down the way Grace goes,we need it.

He is whispering Release to me over and over lately. Right in the middle of the mess, just release and let go…let God be I AM!

Perserve in this grace journey, Barbie!
    Blessings,
    Dawn

11. oh, such wonderful responses that we too often forget to the lies we all fall prey to. Thanks for that reminder, Barbie. I’ve been so busy at work lately that I haven’t had time for all my bloggy stuff, but I’m glad to be here today!

12. Trudy says:

I love this, Barbie. I’m sorry you are so attacked by those negative voices. It’s tough, isn’t it? “You are not enough” is one that especially taunts me. The grace whispers really touch my heart. I would really like my autopilot to immediately ask the question you ask, “What grace are You whispering to my heart today?” Thank you so much for sharing this. May we together learn to lean in and listen to those grace whispers to shut out the clamor of those negative voices! Blessings and hugs to you!

13. Gayl Wright says:

What would we do and where would we be without God’s amazing grace. Thank you, Barbie, for sharing those whispers of grace that we all need to hear. Blessings to you!

14. Carrie says:

Oh, Friend, I love His whispers in response to your questions! I especially love, “I’m not finished with you yet.” What an encouragement to hear!

15. June says:

Keep listening to His voice, dear, beautiful friend. He is using you to inspire others, and that is a sacred and beautiful thing ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Elizabeth says:

Barbie, when I was in my twenties, two seventy something year old women mentored me and helped me teach my first Bibke study, and I’ve been teaching God’s Word ever since. You are an influencer, you are definitely not too old!

17. Debbie W. says:

Love the new design Barbie.

18. I am so thankful that He speaks life and peace over our lives in this crazy, broken world. What a gift!

Blessings to you, Barbie. He sees you. xo

19. So thankful for this post. Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed and i have to remember when life gets crazy to ask God your question: What grace are You whispering to my heart today? That is beautiful.

20. Hannah says:

Beautiful grace, isn’t it?! His whispers comfort me, too. Blessing to you this coming week, Barbie!

21. Mindy says:

His beautiful, amazing grace whispering to us at a constant pace – the trick to be still enough to listen. I am striving for it too…

22. Beth S. says:

You make such a difference, my dear friend. Keep listening to His whispers. Oh, how He loves you, And you are so loved by many others too. (((hugs)))