52Lists Project v. 10 // The Ways You Can Cleanse For Spring
I have to admit, I have good intentions every year at this time to get my home in order. So many of my friends are in “Spring Cleaning” mode. It hasn’t happened for me yet, as I am working 10 hour days and Saturdays to get my CPA through tax season.
There are some simple things that I can do in my spare time to get my home ready for Spring. And, I have teens at home that I can “hire” to assist me in my spring cleaning endeavors.
This week’s list is the ways you can cleanse for spring. Here are some of my spring cleaning tips:
- Wash windows. This is something I probably only do once or twice a year. Yeah, I know.
- Remove cobwebs. Living in an area with lots of fields, we have little creatures that like to spin their way into our home. This is something I do at least once a month, especially at spring time.
- Shampoo carpets. There is nothing like a freshly shampooed carpet to get you ready for spring company.
- Plant flowers. We love to put fresh pansies or tulips in our flower bed during the spring. I know planting flowers is not really “cleaning”, but they just make me smile.
- Add fresh paint and pictures to walls. Just hanging different pictures can give your home a whole new look!
- Donate. Bag up unused clothing and household goods and take them to your local donation station.
- Organize homeschool material. Now is a great time to clean out the homeschool shelves and look ahead to September.
And while you’re busy cleaning your physical home, don’t forget to clean your heart home. Be sure to visit my friend Diana as she is talking about spring cleaning her heart in preparation for Easter.
What are you doing to cleanse your home and your heart for Spring?
Each week in 2016 I will be joining Chasing Slow for the 52 Lists Project. You can find all of the posts in this series by clicking the button below.
Linked up with Chasing Slow.