52 Lists Project

52Lists Project v.12 // The Things That Feel Like Home

Home. It’s a place of love and laughter, of warmth and sunshine, where family gathers and friends hang out. But it can also be a place of tension, strife, heartache and loss. No matter what, I’d rather be home than any other place. It’s where my people are. It’s where I feel safe and secure.

Today’s list is the things that feel like home.

Home

My husband’s warm greeting after a long day
The laughter of my children
Scented candles
Warm blankets (we each have our own to stuggle with)
My doggie, Annabelle
Turkey Tacos and Chips & Salsa
The sound of worship music filling the airways
The California sunshine
Flowers blooming in the yard
The smell of freshly, brewed coffee

What is something that feels like home to you?

Each week in 2016 I will be joining Chasing Slow for the 52 Lists Project. You can find all of the posts in this series by clicking the button below.

52Lists2016

Linked up with Chasing Slow.

52ListsProject

8 thoughts on “52Lists Project v.12 // The Things That Feel Like Home”

1. Lux G. says:

Our dogs definitely is home to me. Also, the scent of Citronella. I love it so much it’s so relaxing.
    Wonderful list. Enjoy the rest of your week, Barbie!

2. Michele Morin says:

This post touches me today because last night we just helped our oldest son move into his first home . . . such mixed emotions, and so many prayers that God will bless this home as he has ours.
    Thanks, Barbie!

3. June says:

Our home is always a welcome sanctuary from the crazy world outside. Our cottage is small, and filled with plants, so life is always what greets me first when I walk through the door. Great list, Barbie! Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

That sounds so inviting June. Thanks for sharing!

4. Chasing Slow says:

I think many of us chose candles in our lists! “A husband’s warm greeting” — beautifully shared. I had many, many days that I missed my husband’s presence.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by my friend. I am really loving this list challenge.

5. Leila Minbashian says:

I agree! A wonderful list!