52Lists Project v.22 // What Keeps Me Up At Night

As a general rule, I’m a pretty good sleeper once I finally make the decision to turn off my mind and go to bed. There are, however, some things which prevent me from getting a good night’s sleep from time to time.

This week’s list is to share the things that keep me up at night.

nosleep

A snoring spouse.

Commotion outside.

A dog who needs to go outside.

Something I’m worried about.

Leg cramps.

Prayer for a situation or someone that I love.

Children who are out late and aren’t home when I go to bed.

Sick kids.

Heartburn.

Strong winds and rain.

Dogs barking in the neighborhood.

Sirens and the train down the street.

The heat.

Thoughts in my head that I can’t turn off.

How about you? What keeps you up at night? I would love for you to share in the comments below.

Each week in 2016 I will be joining Chasing Slow for the 52 Lists Project. You can find all of the posts in this series by clicking the button below.

52Lists2016

Linked up with Chasing Slow.

52ListsProject

1. Lux G. says:

Dogs barking at home. Tee hee. Maybe we’re neighbors? ๐Ÿ˜›

2. Tammy says:

Oh, you have some things I could add to my list! My man and I slept outside in our backyard in our tent a couple nights this week, I wanted to remove our dog’s “barkers”, not really, but boy they were loud!

• Barbie says:

How fun is that. I’m not a good camper. I don’t think I could sleep in my own backyard in a tent. Thanks for stopping by Tammy!

3. Chasing Slow says:

Oh, I remember heartburn keeping me up during my pregnancies. “Thoughts” in my head do the same thing.

Sleep well!

4. Debbie says:

Barbie, I wear ear plugs at night since my hubby uses a CPAP machine for his snoring. I don’t hear a thing. And club soda or tonic water will help the leg cramps. I usually sleep pretty well unless I’ve got much on my mind. Then I close my eyes and start praying and before you know it …I’m asleep. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s good to be back visiting your blog.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

• Barbie says:

I think I will soon own a CPAP machine. Well, at least there is help for me! Glad to see you here Debbie!

5. Mindy says:

Definitely worry – then prayer for the worry and prayer for the people who I worry about…and those thoughts that won’t turn off is the #1 cause for me.

6. Lisa notes says:

Wow–I share MANY of those same ones with you, Barbie. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Physical pain often wakes me up and keeps me awake. And then I hear the snoring and the dog barking and etc. I use a white-noise machine which helps with a lot of the noise, but not the ones closest to my ear. ha.

7. Leila Minbashian says:

Caffeine, alcohol, and chocolate. For most people alcohol puts them to sleep but for me it keeps me up.

• Leila Minbashian says:

I usually don’t have caffeinated drinks past 5 pm. Sometimes I can get away with a little chocolate for dessert.