10 In 52 Lists Project

52Lists Project v.22 // What Keeps Me Up At Night

As a general rule, I’m a pretty good sleeper once I finally make the decision to turn off my mind and go to bed. There are, however, some things which prevent me from getting a good night’s sleep from time to time.

This week’s list is to share the things that keep me up at night.

nosleep

A snoring spouse.

Commotion outside.

A dog who needs to go outside.

Something I’m worried about.

Leg cramps.

Prayer for a situation or someone that I love.

Children who are out late and aren’t home when I go to bed.

Sick kids.

Heartburn.

Strong winds and rain.

Dogs barking in the neighborhood.

Sirens and the train down the street.

The heat.

Thoughts in my head that I can’t turn off.

How about you? What keeps you up at night? I would love for you to share in the comments below.

Each week in 2016 I will be joining Chasing Slow for the 52 Lists Project. You can find all of the posts in this series by clicking the button below.

52Lists2016

Linked up with Chasing Slow.

52ListsProject

Lux G.
    June 9, 2016 at 12:15 am

Dogs barking at home. Tee hee. Maybe we’re neighbors? 😛

Tammy
    June 9, 2016 at 7:12 am

Oh, you have some things I could add to my list! My man and I slept outside in our backyard in our tent a couple nights this week, I wanted to remove our dog’s “barkers”, not really, but boy they were loud!

June 13, 2016 at 7:57 pm

How fun is that. I’m not a good camper. I don’t think I could sleep in my own backyard in a tent. Thanks for stopping by Tammy!

Chasing Slow
    June 9, 2016 at 7:42 am

Oh, I remember heartburn keeping me up during my pregnancies. “Thoughts” in my head do the same thing.

Sleep well!

Debbie
    June 9, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Barbie, I wear ear plugs at night since my hubby uses a CPAP machine for his snoring. I don’t hear a thing. And club soda or tonic water will help the leg cramps. I usually sleep pretty well unless I’ve got much on my mind. Then I close my eyes and start praying and before you know it …I’m asleep. 🙂

It’s good to be back visiting your blog.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

June 13, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I think I will soon own a CPAP machine. Well, at least there is help for me! Glad to see you here Debbie!

Mindy
    June 11, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Definitely worry – then prayer for the worry and prayer for the people who I worry about…and those thoughts that won’t turn off is the #1 cause for me.

Lisa notes
    June 13, 2016 at 11:14 am

Wow–I share MANY of those same ones with you, Barbie. 😉 Physical pain often wakes me up and keeps me awake. And then I hear the snoring and the dog barking and etc. I use a white-noise machine which helps with a lot of the noise, but not the ones closest to my ear. ha.

Leila Minbashian
    October 31, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Caffeine, alcohol, and chocolate. For most people alcohol puts them to sleep but for me it keeps me up.

Leila Minbashian
      October 31, 2016 at 3:54 pm

I usually don’t have caffeinated drinks past 5 pm. Sometimes I can get away with a little chocolate for dessert.