15 In Glimpses

A Glimmer Of Hope // Glimpses v.7

glimmersofhope

Never stop believing in hope, because miracles happen every day.

Each day I wake up and begin the same routine. Mundaneness sneaks in, and settles in the crevices of my heart. I go through the motions — get up, get dressed, make coffee. put on make up, drive to work, work, come home, make dinner, homeschool check, social media/blogging, late night tv, and sleep.

Sometimes the sleep eludes me as my mind races with thoughts of many things. I count my blessings, because we really are blessed. Even in the midst of a long, hard season, I am made fully aware of the Creator’s handiwork in my life.

I am made fully aware of the Creator's handiwork in my life. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

I never want to take life for granted. I am on a journey of learning to embrace every day that God gives to me, and to seek beauty in the mundane.

God brings glimmers of hope when we least expect them. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

I know I can trust Him with my heart.

My answer is yes. And so I’ve taken a step toward the glimmer of hope. No matter the outcome, I now that God will meet me on the other side.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #61-70

61. It is well with my soul.
62. Even more blog design business..
63. Late night laughter with my kids.
64. Celebrating 28 years of marriage to the man I love.
65. Beautiful sunsets.
66. New worship music.
67. Even more hope
68. All His promises are yes and amen.
69. Tears of healing.
70. Watching my grandson experience life.

Are you hanging on to a glimmer of hope today? I would love for you to share in the comments below?

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

V2 300px_GlimpsesIt is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.

Michele Morin
    August 22, 2016 at 2:35 am

#70! Yes! Grandchildren are just the best!

August 23, 2016 at 8:04 pm

He’s so sweet. I can’t wait to have more grandchildren. Thanks for stopping by Michele. Always a pleasure when you do.

June
    August 22, 2016 at 6:53 am

It’s hard to hope sometimes, isn’t it, Barbie? But we serve such a good God – He wants us to bring our hopes and dreams to Him. Praying for you, my friend!

August 23, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Thank you June! You bring so much sunshine to my life. Hope you’re having a great week.

Lisa notes
    August 22, 2016 at 9:17 am

It can be all too easy to slip into mundaneness. I agree with you, Barbie. We need to fight against that and always be grateful. Thanks for the encouragement to do that today!

August 23, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Reaching for gratitude is helping me to accept my current circumstances. God is always good.

Debbie
    August 22, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for the link-up Barbie.

Sometimes things can get mundane, but sometimes I know it’s good because I can be thankful things are not in an uproar.

August 23, 2016 at 8:07 pm

I’m looking forward to reading your post Debbie. Thanks for linking up.

Cathy
    August 23, 2016 at 5:59 pm

I think you make God happy with your words. They have blessed me. Thanks

August 23, 2016 at 8:08 pm

You’re very welcome Cathy. I am so glad you stopped by. Blessings!

Joy Lenton
    August 24, 2016 at 8:53 am

Barbie, I love #65 and #70 – both make me smile with joy and gratitude. And my heart says, “Amen!” to your words here: ” I am on a journey of learning to embrace every day that God gives to me, and to seek beauty in the mundane”, because it’s a journey I am on, too, and one that will never end if we deliberately pursue beauty in the bleak times and search for God’s hand at work in the everyday. May you continue to be blessed with hope and the potential of all that lies before you. Xo <3

August 24, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Thanks so much Joy, my fellow beauty seeker!

~Karrilee~
    August 24, 2016 at 9:02 am

I love this so much, sweet friend!

August 24, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Karrilee! I’m also so blessed when you stop by. I look forward to reading your post.

Ann
    August 25, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Oh, yes, Barbie. I do know how it feels when you said, “This week, a glimmer of hope has been planted. A spark has ignited my heart. Oh, but do I dare dream? Do I dare hope? What if it does not come to pass? Can I trust Him with my heart?” I also know I can trust Him, but His ways are not always our ways. I have always asked why it has to be so difficult to give up our “pre-conceived” ideas of how we want things to go? I know the answer, but it doesn’t make it any easier…God wants us to walk in faith. Love your gratitude list…happy belated anniversary!! God is so good.