26 In Faith/ Glimpses

Embracing The Chase // Glimpses v.6

chase

I’ve been challenged this past week. Challenged out of a place of apathy into a place of living life to the fullest. Exhaustion has set in. I don’t sleep well. I don’t go to bed early, nor do I sleep through the night. And then there’s the dog with her medical issues which keep me up at night.

I’m not sure why it’s hard for me to make myself a priority. Most days I feel like the energizer bunny — always on the go, but never really arriving anywhere. It’s hard for me to stop and rest. It’s hard for me to take a step back and allow myself some good soul care.

This morning in church we had a guest speaker. He’s a guy who was brought up in our youth group back when I was a youth leader. He’s passionate and on fire for Jesus. He spoke this morning about the relentless pursuit of God, and how He has been in pursuit of us long before we ever pursued Him.

It got me thinking. I think somewhere along the way, somewhere in the heartache and pain of life, I stopped pursuing Him. Don’t misunderstand me. I love God, with all of my heart and I try to surrender completely to His will every day. But I’ve become complacent and a little apathetic in my walk and I’ve settled into a place where I’m no longer reaching. This hit me this morning and it saddened me.

And then my beautiful daughter, at the end of her time of singing Oceans, sang out prophetically about how it’s time to dream again, to dream BIG dreams, and how we have to keep reaching for God. And I was undone. If you fast forward to about 51:24 you will here her sing out prophetically. The sound quality isn’t all that clear, but hopefully you’ll get what I’m talking about.

I allow my circumstances to overwhelm me to the point where I just want to crawl in a hole and hide until Jesus comes. But is that really living the victorious life? I hide and wait to be rescued and forget that He’s already rescued me. It’s up to me to put my faith shoes on and continue down the path of freedom.

I'ts up to me to put my faith shoes on and continue down the path of freedom. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

I am thankful that God reminded me this morning that He is always in pursuit of me, even when my pursuit of Him is anything put persistent. I love the Message translation, how it talks about how the love of God chases us down.

Your beauty and love chase after me
    every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
    for the rest of my life. (Psalm 23:6 The Message)

And I’m thankful that God desires for us to dream BIG dreams. I think I stopped dreaming a long time ago. I was never encouraged to dream as a child, so I think when I became an adult I just didn’t know how. But I want to learn to dream again, and I’m asking God to show me how.

We were left with an exhortation today to embrace the chase. God not only goes before us in this life, but He is our rear guard. He has our back. He encamps around us. He sees it all, beginning to end.

I need to stop running and allow God to catch me.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #51-60

51. Rejoicing with a friend in answered prayer.
52. More blog design business.
53. The last of my homeschool purchases made.
54. A son who is excited to homeschool this year.
55. Online lesson planners that are easy to change.
56. Long talks with friends.
57. Hope
58. Children who are serving the Lord.
59. God’s relentless pursuit of me.
60. A reminder to keep reaching for God and to keep dreaming.

*The lovely image in this post is part of a stock image collection club offered by a new blogging friend. I for one appreciate the beautiful images that she shares with her subscribers. Head on over here for more info.

What picture comes to your mind when you think of the relentless love of God chasing you down?

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
V2 300px_Glimpses

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.

Lesley
    August 15, 2016 at 12:43 am

I love that God pursues us even when we fail to pursue him. Also love the call to dream big dreams and the reminder that “It’s up to me to put my faith shoes on and continue down the path of freedom.”

August 16, 2016 at 7:19 am

Thanks for stopping by Lesley! Have a blessed day.

Michele Morin
    August 15, 2016 at 3:53 am

“ALL the days of my life . . .”
    I see in this verse an invitation to look for glimpses of His grace even on the days when they are not obvious!
    Thanks, Barbie!

August 16, 2016 at 7:20 am

So true, and even more important on those days. Have a beautiful week Michele.

Ifeoma Samuel
    August 15, 2016 at 7:22 am

Hi Barbie nice to join you again….I didn’t know you got another linkup started Maybe I missed it?
    Well it’s all good seeing and meeting up with everyone here
    Blessings to you

August 16, 2016 at 7:21 am

Ifeoma, so glad you found the link up. I moved it back to my blog with a new name. We aren’t writing over at Let Us Walk Worthy anymore. It was all explained over there in the last couple of posts. Thanks for stopping by!

Aliyah
    August 15, 2016 at 7:24 am

Hey Barbie, I dont always get the chance to respond on your posts, but I wanted to let you know that I really do appreciate what you share from you heart 🙂 This morning in prayer Abba Father was revealing and unwinding a lot that has been in my heart. The fears, the guilt of living in grace, been justified in not having to work hard at promoting my new book when God is telling me to rest in Him and HOPE (a word you used above that set tears in my eyes) He shared with me how Abraham received the promise of God because he lived in Hope. For me, I love Jesus so so much I just want to be a good steward and at present He has given me a seed, a book which came out 2 weeks ago. I know people promote their work like crazy and for a while He’s been telling me not to do it, so I haven’t but it was confusing. I now understand a lot more since this mornings prayer. Its grace to dream and He loves to touch those dreams with Grace to fulfil them. Bless you dear friend! Aliyah (setapartwarrior.blogspot.co.za)

August 16, 2016 at 7:23 am

Aliyah, I am blessed by your visit and so thankful the post encouraged you. I understand about the not promoting of a book. God did allow me to have a small launch team, where others shared about my book and I offered some giveaways, but beyond that, there has been no push. God has a plan, and He is behind your dreams. Blessings!

Lisa notes
    August 15, 2016 at 9:03 am

This is true for all of us at various times: “I hide and wait to be rescued and forget that He’s already rescued me. It’s up to me to put my faith shoes on and continue down the path of freedom.” Dreaming big dreams is not my natural bent, but I loved hearing your daughter call your church to act on that. I would have been undone, too. “There is no dream too big for our God.” I echo your daughter, amen.

August 16, 2016 at 7:24 am

Thank you Lisa! One of my greatest dreams has been to see my children serving the Lord with their whole hearts. I am blessed every time they get to lead us in worship. Have a beautiful day!

Dawn
    August 15, 2016 at 4:13 pm

It is so easy to stop dreaming when we are tired and unrested. Sabbath Rest isn’t just a day, I am learning. It is the Be still and Know I am God kind of every day resting that allows us to live out praise with our lives. Praying for you to step into that Barbie!!

August 16, 2016 at 7:26 am

Thanks so much Dawn. That is exactly the kind of rest I’m seeking.

Dolly @Soulstops.com
    August 15, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Barbie,
    So glad God ministered to you through the Word and your daughter’s singing. I pray God gives you faith and grace to dream and to rest…((hugs))

August 16, 2016 at 7:26 am

Thanks so much Dolly!

Mary Geisen
    August 15, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Oh how I love this! Embrace the chase- a beautiful mantra I need in my life right now. Thank you for your vulnerability in the midst of ordinary life. Love you.

August 16, 2016 at 7:30 am

Mary, I love seeing your smiling, beautiful face here. Thanks for stopping by.

June
    August 15, 2016 at 6:00 pm

How special that God chose to speak through your daughter into the heart of His daughter 🙂 And may I exhort you to get some rest? It really impacts us so much more than we realize (preachin’ to myself here!) Love you.

August 16, 2016 at 7:31 am

Yes ma’am. I will do my best to step into that rest that I so desperately need.

Shelby
    August 18, 2016 at 7:47 am

Barbie, your words just made my heart ache for you. I know it’s been a difficult and trying season for you. I love the concept of embracing the chase and especially allowing God to catch you. As He always will.

You are loved.

August 19, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Thank you so much Shelby. You’ve encouraged my heart today.

Gayl
    August 18, 2016 at 8:57 am

I love that God keep pursuing us, even when we fail to pursue Him. I’ve seen so many displays of His grace in my life. Even during some difficult family situations He has been present giving peace and providing needs. I’m so glad He never leaves us, always welcomes and forgives us. We are so blessed! Thank you for sharing your heart, Barbie. Blessings!

August 19, 2016 at 10:57 pm

We truly are blessed. God is so good. Thank you for stopping by Gayl.

SUSAN
    August 18, 2016 at 9:11 am

HE never stops pursuing us. Your daughter’s word was powerful – we get so complacent in our “stuff”…thanks Barbie and I linked up (finally)!

August 19, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Oh yay! Can’t wait to read your post. Have a blessed weekend.

Ann
    August 18, 2016 at 6:59 pm

With the evil influence and negative world that surrounds us, it is so easy to let the negativity and lack of hope overrule our hearts and minds. I know how this feels, too and have struggled on and off with it myself. Sometimes the desire to make an effort to take care of myself gets low, and I lose the drive and strength to dream. I am SO thankful that God never gives up on us, even when we want to give up on ourselves! I mentioned in one of my recent blog posts of how there have been times when I wanted to let go of God’s hand, but at the last minute, He grabs hold of me and reminds me to HOLD ON! (https://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/2016/08/hold-on.html) HOLD ON, my dear sister in Christ and dare to dream big dreams!!!

August 19, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Ann, you’ve encouraged me greatly today! Thank you!