15 In Glimpses

He Gives Himself Fully // Glimpses v. 8

pieces

Today in church my daughter led Pieces by Bethel Music. Every time I hear that song it wrecks me at my core. I was reminded today of just how big God is. He doesn’t give us just a portion of himself. He doesn’t hide from us to tease us. He is a good, faithful, just and loving God. Everything He does/doesn’t do is for our good.

Here’s a clip of the song. Take a few moments and allow the truth of this song to sink in deep.

Our lives may feel as though they’ve crashed to the ground in pieces at times. It may feel as if God has hidden Himself from our view. But I promise you if you just keep putting one foot in front of the other, He will pick up the pieces of your life. He will bring Himself into your view.

You don’t give your heart in pieces.
You don’t hide yourself to tease us.

Never hold to the lie that you only deserve a portion of God. He gave Himself, His ALL, for you.

God gave His all for you. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #71-80

71. When peace, like a river, overwhelms my soul.
72. New blog friends.
73. Back to school sales.
74. New possibilities.
75. Learning to trust again.
76. A husband who serves me so well.
77. Doors opening.
78. The faith to walk though doors.
79. A Suddenly from God.
80. Psalm 23.

How has God shown you that You have His whole heart, and not just pieces of Him? I would love for you to share in the comments below?

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

V2 300px_GlimpsesIt is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.

Nita
    August 29, 2016 at 12:29 am

Oh my, when I think on what God has done for me, I truly tremble inside. As a child of a single, teenaged mom who grew up in the ghetto of Washington, DC around drugs, alcohol and even prositutes, I attended two churches. Catholic with my mother and a Baptist with my grandmother – every Sunday. I prayed then. With my whole heart for God to bless me with a family that was full of love, complete and fulfilling. My family was a bit disjointed, but each of my teenaged parents tried in their own way while fighting their own demons. Now today, I have the family in my children and husband that I’d only ever dreamed about. I’m an Engineer, a career I’d never even considered and I was the first college graduate in my family. My father and mother are saved, their lives transformed by God and me – I am in awe of God blessing me beyond my wildest hopes and dreams all the while strengthening me in ways I never thought possible. So there it is, my pieces 😀

August 29, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Nita, what a beautiful testimony. God took your pieces and made you complete in Him. Thank you so much for sharing!

Michele Morin
    August 29, 2016 at 3:00 am

I love how you share your worship experience with us each week. I can certainly tell that music is an important part of your connection with God, and you consistently introduce me to songs I’ve never heard! Thank you!

August 31, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Music is how I most connect with God. When I am dry and unable to read and comprehend His Word, worship continues to show me His truth. Have a blessed week Michele.

Trudy
    August 29, 2016 at 9:22 am

It’s so unfathomable that God gives His whole heart to each one of us, isn’t it? My heart can’t take it all in. Thank you, Barbie, for this encouragement both with this post and the song. Blessings and hugs to you!

August 31, 2016 at 10:39 pm

So glad you were encouraged Trudy!

Lesley
    August 29, 2016 at 9:33 am

I love the song- I’ve never heard that one before- and it is so encouraging to reflect on the completeness of God’s love for us.

August 31, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I can have this song on repeat for a while. Thank you for stopping by Lesley.

Dolly @Soulstops.com
    August 29, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Barbie,
    What encouragement! It reminds me of how God wants to heal the brokenhearted (Isaiah 61: 1-4) so we can fully experience all of his love. Thanks for sharing 🙂 Praying you are blessed with more felt experiences of his love for you.

August 31, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Thanks so much Dolly!

~Karrilee~
    August 29, 2016 at 6:32 pm

THAT SONG, right? gah! We have done it once at church but I think we are due to sing it again! So powerful!

August 31, 2016 at 10:41 pm

My daughter sang it last week, and my youngest daughter (16) is co-leading with her brother this week and will also sing it. Oh bring on the tears!

Lux G.
    August 29, 2016 at 8:34 pm

God is amazing in showing His love for us, be it in small or grand ways. He’s simply awesome.

August 31, 2016 at 10:42 pm

He sure is Lux. Thanks for stopping by.

Joy Lenton
    September 1, 2016 at 12:29 pm

A beautiful song to fill a heart with gratitude. Our God is so generous! He gives His all to us, unreservedly and undeservedly. We receive so much through faith in Jesus, including: forgiveness, restoration, renewal, abundant mercy, grace, hope, joy and peace. God takes the wounded, broken pieces and makes something beautiful out of our lives. Thank you for this lovely reminder, Barbie. It’s also good to read your glimpses list, because our eyes become open to more of God’s gifts when we remember to list them and take note of our days. Bless you. xo <3