28 In Glimpses

Great Is Thy Faithfulness // Glimpses v.12

faithfulness

A couple of weeks ago I shared about a “suddenly” from God that didn’t quite work out. It’s okay though, because I know that I’m where I am supposed to be and that God will continue to provide for our family.

He always has, and He always will.

As most of you know, my husband has been unable to work since last December due to unexplained swelling in his knee. All tests have come back normal and the doctors have no idea what the cause is. This has been an extremely hard season for us, but God has proven faithful every step of the way.

Early last week, we were notified that my husband’s claim for Social Security Disability benefits was approved. He is not only receiving benefits (beginning with three months’ back pay), but our two minor children are also receiving benefits. We will have enough money each month to pay our rent without worrying about where it will come from.

This, my friends, is a huge burden lifted from our shoulders. We both walked out of the SS office last week in awe. God has done a suddenly in our lives and we are eternally grateful.

Joy really does come in the morning. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

Weeping may last through the night,
    but joy comes with the morning. (Psalm 30:5)

We have woken up many mornings unsure of where the provision would come, not only for our rent, but for basic needs. Even though things appeared dark at times, we held on to the hope that God would make a way where there seemed to be no way.

And He has provided a miracle. Most applicants get denied the first time. We applied three months ago, after 6 months of being off work, and our application was approved.

His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
(Lamentations 3:22-23)

We sang about His goodness again today. He IS good, not just because of what He’s done for us. It’s His nature. He is a good God and a loving Father, and He delights in giving good gifts to His children.

We are basking in His goodness today.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #111-120

101.  The Lord is my Shepherd.
102.  God’s overwhelming faithfulness.
103.  Finally settling into a homeschooling routine.
104.  Gathering with extended family to celebrate my mom’s birthday.
105.  Cleansing tears.
106.  I once was lost, but now I’m found.
107.  Bills paid.
108.  Gentle nudges from the Holy Spirit.
109.  Restful sleep.
110.  The ability to forgive.

Are you waiting for God’s goodness to be revealed in your life? How may I pray for you?

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

V2 300px_GlimpsesIt is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.

Rachelle Craig
    September 26, 2016 at 4:13 am

Oh Barbie! I am rejoicing with you! God is so Good! You are so right, being approved on the first try is almost unheard of. I filled out papers for my brother about 7 years ago, and he was approved right away as well. I know that when this happens, it’s God! He knows who truly needs it,and He provides. I am just so happy for you and your family! Love and Blessings to you!

September 30, 2016 at 10:57 pm

I so appreciate you Rachelle, and all of love, support, encouragement and prayers!

Michele Morin
    September 26, 2016 at 4:34 am

Oh, Hooray and Hallelujah!
    So thankful for this amazing evidence of God’s caring concern for your family!
    And thank you for sharing the blessing through story!

September 30, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Thanks so much Michele!

Lux Ganzon
    September 26, 2016 at 5:30 am

God is faithful, even when we’re not. What an awesome God He is.

September 30, 2016 at 11:00 pm

I tend to notice His faithfulness even more when I’m not faithful. Thanks for stopping by Lux!

Lesley
    September 26, 2016 at 7:03 am

That is great and must be a huge weight off your mind. I’m so glad you’ve seen God’s faithfulness and provision.

September 30, 2016 at 11:01 pm

It’s a weight we’ve carried for so long. We are awestruck!

Joy Lenton
    September 26, 2016 at 7:42 am

How awesome and amazing! This is wonderful news, Barbie, and a great testimony of God’s faithfulness. To witness His provision in such a tangible way brings tears to our eyes and renews the flame of faith within. So pleased for you and your family as you relax into this marvellous answer to prayer. xo <3

September 30, 2016 at 11:08 pm

We are thrilled. God is so faithful.

Gayl
    September 26, 2016 at 8:23 am

Barbie, what a blessing! I know you are praising God for His provision. It’s so hard when you are in the dark and wonder every day how you will make ends meet. But joy does come after weeping just like the scripture says. Many blessings to you, dear Barbie!

September 30, 2016 at 11:09 pm

We are rejoicing at God’s provision, love and faithfulness. Thanks for stopping by Gayl.

Lisa notes
    September 26, 2016 at 9:25 am

Praising God with you, Barbie!!! That is great news. I’m glad the Lord has lifted that burden off your shoulders.

September 30, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Thank you Lisa! Us too!

Melissa
    September 26, 2016 at 9:32 am

So glad to hear things are falling in your favor! I feel like we went through about 2 years of one thing after another, and we are just now coming into a season of upswing.

September 30, 2016 at 11:10 pm

This hard season has definately made us stronger. Thanks for stopping by Melissa.

Elizabeth
    September 26, 2016 at 9:59 am

Hallelujah!!!! I am rejoicing with you about this huge answer to prayer!

September 30, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Thank you Elizabeth!

Christina
    September 26, 2016 at 10:44 am

He is indeed good! So glad provision came through for you guys. Reading your post reminded me of when my husband’s company shut down. My husband had just had some tracts translated into Spanish and want to order copies from another company. Our budget was tight, but He trusted God anyway. Turns out the company he ordered the tracks from, bought his old company and hired him back. Isn’t our Dad awesome!

September 30, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Wow! That’s such an amazing story Christina. Only God!

Ruth
    September 26, 2016 at 10:48 am

What a beautiful testimony of God’s grace and provision for His children! Praising the Lord with you today!

September 30, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Thanks so much Ruth!

Trudy
    September 26, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Thank You, God! I’m sooo happy for you and your family, Barbie. What a heavy weight must have lifted from your hearts! Hugs!

September 30, 2016 at 11:12 pm

We are rejoicing in the goodness of our heavenly Father!

Mary Geisen
    September 27, 2016 at 5:06 am

I am rejoicing with you to hear that God has blessed your family with a way to cover your monthly rent. I have been praying for you since this began. God is indeed faithful and He shows us over and over.

May you and your family continue to see God in all and praise Him for all He does.

September 30, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Thank you so much Mary! Our prayers have been answered. Now, we just contend for my husband to be healed.

SUSAN
    September 27, 2016 at 6:05 am

Oh I am so very happy to hear this. Very happy. And, you are right it is nothing short of a miracle. My husband BROKE HIS NECK in 2003, on the job – we had to apply three times for SSD. It was pure insanity. He is well now and the benefits ended when his social security retirement benefits kicked. YOU ARE BLESSED.

September 30, 2016 at 11:14 pm

That’s crazy Susan. No benefits with a broken neck? I am thankful God met your needs through that season. He is indeed good!