27 In Faith/ Glimpses

It Is Well // Glimpses v.11

itiswell

We sang one of my favorite hymns in church this morning.

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul

As I was worshipping, I kept reflecting on the “whatever my lot” part, because honestly, I don’t always walk in peace. More often than not I feel as if I’m fighting to stay in a place of peace.

Peace doesn’t always come in like a river for me. Sometimes it comes after wrestling through a dark season, or when I’m walking through a season of drought. I can feel my state of unrest and I often forget that peace is a promise, no matter the circumstance.

Peace is a promise, no matter the circumstance. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

It’s in these times that I have to reach for peace. I have to set my face like flint and remember that He is the Prince of Peace, that peace is a promise because I trust in Him.

Am I trusting? I’d like to think that I am, but I waiver. I know He has my best interests at heart but sometimes I doubt.

This song brings me such comfort though. Just singing these words of truth this morning has caused me to enter into a place of peace and rest over our future. By the time the song ended, the words were welling up on the inside,

It is well, it is well with my soul.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #101-110

101.  Night time coffee chat with friends.
102.  Loving and encouraging a friend on her birthday.
103.  Homeschooling progress.
104.  Celebrating my mother’s 75th birthday.
105.  Celebrating the soon birth of my great nephew.
106.  His faithful leading and guidance.
107.  Extra provision this month.
108.  Silly giggles with my girl.
109.  Enjoying the Phantom of the Opera with my girls.
110.  Reminders of His promise of peace.

How has God reminded you that He’s with you? How has He brought you peace in your present circumstances?

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

V2 300px_GlimpsesIt is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.

Patricia Krank
    September 19, 2016 at 3:44 am

Hi Barbie. I’ve shared a little different post this week. If you find it isn’t suitable please feel free to delete it. I wasn’t sure.
    Patti

September 22, 2016 at 7:32 am

Thank you for sharing. The “rules” are there as a guide. What you had to share is important. Have a blessed day!

Michele Morin
    September 19, 2016 at 4:37 am

Thanks for highlighting that great old hymn. So often I need words to sing that will get my heart headed in the right direction.

September 22, 2016 at 7:32 am

I love hymns. The are deep and richly rooted in the Word of God.

Debbie
    September 19, 2016 at 4:39 am

I started signing as soon as I started reading. Love those old songs.

Debbie
      September 19, 2016 at 4:40 am

singing

September 22, 2016 at 7:33 am

I’ve been signing it all week! Thanks for stopping by Debbie

Gayl
    September 19, 2016 at 6:42 am

Barbie, that is one of my absolute favorite hymns to play on the piano. The words help me remember that God can give peace any time no matter the circumstances.

Blessings to you!

September 22, 2016 at 8:01 am

I love hearing my daughter play this one on the piano. I also love when she leads this song in worship. Have a blessed day Gayl!

Ceil
    September 19, 2016 at 7:06 am

Hi Barbie! I think linking trust with peace is really wise. If I trusted more, I could pray, and then let go. I need to practice that more deeply every day. Still not there yet!
    Thank you for letting me see that I’m not the Lone Ranger here 🙂
    Happy Monday,
    Ceil

September 22, 2016 at 10:30 pm

I’ve learned alot this past year about how trust and peace really do work together. Have a blessed weekend Ceil.

~Karrilee~
    September 19, 2016 at 8:43 am

Oh I love this, Barbie! Just last week when running errands, the Lord reminded me that He is with me and that He WANTS to give me rest. I wrote about it for the Five Minute Friday prompt Listen (which is what I linked up above!)

(And Happy Birthday to your Mom!)
    xoxo

September 22, 2016 at 10:31 pm

I’m looking forward to reading Karrilee. I think I’ve ran mostly on fumes this week.

Lisa notes
    September 19, 2016 at 9:57 am

It’s funny that you write about this today, Barbie, because I also wrote about singing a song at church yesterday that I want to be true in my life, but I’m not quite there yet. So grateful for grace for what we can yet become!

September 22, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Oh yes! There is so much grace my friend. So much grace! Have a beautiful weekend.

Robin
    September 19, 2016 at 11:47 am

Hi Barbie. This song is just one more that the Lord needed me to hear to remind me that He is in control. Every song during worship yesterday did the same. Thank you for writing. I always enjoy reading what God has laid on your heart. Have a blessed day!

September 22, 2016 at 10:34 pm

I’m so glad you stopped by Robin. I look forward to connecting with you.

Mary Geisen
    September 20, 2016 at 4:55 am

It is Well is one of my favorite hymns too. I also started singing the words as I began reading your post.

You ask a great question. God brings me peace when I continually invite Him in and make space for the peace. That means letting go of the junk that clouds my vision. Hope you have a blessed week friend!

September 22, 2016 at 10:35 pm

We have to let go in order to make room, don’t we Mary? I love that you stopped by. Have a blessed weekend.

Trudy
    September 20, 2016 at 10:28 am

I love that song, Barbie. Peace doesn’t always come in like a river for me either. Sometimes I feel more of the “sorrows like sea billows roll.” But whatever our lot, He has promised it is well with our souls. Such beautiful grace. Thank you for your encouragement that God promises peace. Blessings and hugs to you!

September 22, 2016 at 10:36 pm

So true Trudy. I don’t like having to fight for peace, but the cares of this world cloud my judgment at times. So thankful for His loving embrace and His grace.

Meghan Weyerbacher
    September 20, 2016 at 4:48 pm

I love that song!! My favorite version was on an old album by Audio Adrenaline I believe, that featured Jennifer Knapp I think??? Can’t remember but it as beautiful. I also love your list. This is a good list if there ever was one! Blessings to you my friend and thank you for hosting!

September 22, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Meghan, I am so glad you stopped by. I look forward to connecting with you more.

June
    September 21, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Such a beautiful hymn, one of my favorites. God always comforts me through His word. It never fails. Have a blessed week, my friend!

September 22, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Blessings to you my friend!

Elizabeth Stewart
    September 21, 2016 at 4:01 pm

John 14:27 in the Amplified Bible is my go to verse when I feel myself losing my peace. I say it aloud often!

September 22, 2016 at 10:39 pm

AMEN! Have a beautiful weekend Elizabeth.