Looking Toward Hope // Glimpses Link Up
Thanksgiving came and along with it precious time with family. We gathered at my mother’s home, although not all of the siblings, or all of my children, were in attendance. This happens as families grow and become part of other families. You learn to share each other, taking turns with family and resolving to see some others next year.
And as Monday morning is looming I realize that it is the beginning of Advent — the weeks leading up to Christmas where we reflect on Christ’s birth, His coming, and what it all means.
I never celebrated Advent as a child. And growing up in a home who had no relationship with Jesus, Christmas was not about Christ. I was thankful that it was about family as we gathered together as a tribe, ate food, played games and sang Christmas carols around the fire. Memories were made and traditions started, ons that I continue on with my children today. And now as I’ve grown, whenever I am with my family I make it a point to bring Jesus along with me to the party.
This first Monday of Advent signifies hope. It’s something I need to continually focus on — that my hope is IN Christ, not in anything of this world. There is no person, circumstance or wordly pleasure that can satisfy the yearning in my heart, the ache, more than Jesus.
This week I will begin reading Ann Voskamp’s The Greatest Gift. I’ve owned it since last year and saved it for this year. I want to be intentional to look towards hope, keeping Jesus in front of me in this season. Perhaps my heart will expand in the next few weeks so that I could contain more of Him — more of His love, joy and peace, along with the hope and promise of His goodness.Perhaps my heart will expand to contain more of His love, joy, peace and hope. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
I wanted to write a series on my blog for Advent, but I’m just going to share a series I wrote in 2011, which are some of my most read posts during this time every year. I hope they bless you.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
201. My husband’s care and patience with me as I navigate chronic pain.
202. Friends lending prayer, wisdom and support to try to help me feel better.
203. 3 bags of clothes ready to take to the thrift store.
204. Good times and “laugh until your belly hurts” with friends.
205. Gathering with family to celebrate Thanksgiving.
206 Counting my blessings. There is so much to be thankful for.
207. Thanksgiving parade, coffee and cuddles on the couch.
208. Early morning sales on Black Friday.
209. The blessing of a new grand baby coming in June.
210. Looking towards hope this Advent season.
*Be sure to grab the new link up button if you want. The code is in the sidebar.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.