Crave {Five Minute Friday}

[wc_box color=”secondary” text_align=”left”]

I am SO excited to be joining the Five Minute Friday community once again. It’s been a little over a year and I have missed this community so much. I am back and hoping that I will be able to keep up with the madness. If you’ve never participated in a Five Minute Friday post, I would encourage you to do so. There is something beautiful about just letting yourself go and writing whatever comes to your mind in just 5 minutes.

[/wc_box]

Setting the timer now, for just five minutes.

fmfcrave_long

There are so many things that I crave in life.

To be loved.

To be known.

To make a difference.

I know that these are things I’m not supposed to worry about. The Lord loves me, knows me and put me here on this earth to make a difference in all the lives that I touch.

But I can’t help the yearnings of my heart. Some days I want to be scooped up in His arms, held tightly and whispered words of love and affirmation. I want to be told that my life matters, that the people He’s put around me are better because of me.

I don’t always feel loved. I often feel overlooked and most days I’m not sure anything that I do really makes a difference. My heart goes searching for more — more love, more ways to make myself known, more ways to make a difference.

Yet in my restlessness, I can hear Him speak to my heart,

“Come, my child. Cease from your striving. Lay aside your cravings and know that you are loved, you are known and you make a difference.”

I must trust Him. I know His words are true. In and of myself I can do nothing. There is no thing, no one, nor any notoriety that can satisfy my cravings.

There is no thing, no one, nor any notoriety that can satisfy my cravings. #fmfparty Click To Tweet

Come, Lord Jesus. You are the One that I want. You are the One that I crave. Come and fill the ache in my heart.

Linked up with the Five Minute Friday community of beautiful and inspiring writers. Join us!

1. Tara says:

So glad to see you here, friend! I think we all feel this way at one time or another. Beautiful! I’m right ahead of you at FMF this week.

2. Lizzy says:

Oh it does make a difference. I’ve been thinking today of something God told me about another Mum who impacted me deeply when I was in a season of real loneliness after having my first baby. He said “She didn’t impact your life because she was on a stage, but because she stooped down low and listened and spoke wisdom over coffee.” We all crave to be making a difference I think, and yet we all do in ways we sometimes don’t even know.
    Glad your back, sharing words of wisdom with the world. FMF neighbour no 7

3. YAY! You’re back! I have MISSED your spirit and your wisdom, Barbie!

And you hit it out of the park with this one…truly, He is the answer to all our cravings, and He transfigures the baser ones to make them – and us – worthy of Him.

#1 t FMF this week.

• Barbie says:

Oh Andrew, how I’ve missed you too! I keep meaning to stop by your blog. Glad to be back writing for FMF so that I can find you more easily. I think of you often and hope you are doing well.

4. Joanne Viola says:

Loved reading your words, Barbie, as they so express the craving of my own heart. We so need to be reminded, don’t we? And I am grateful the wait of Advent brings my wandering heart back every year. Blessings to you and yours!

5. Patricia says:

I feel like I could read this every day for a month and still get something new from it. Thank you for your honesty and for speaking your truth that so many – including myself – share.
    Peace.
    Patricia (FMF #37)

6. June says:

So thankful to see the spark of your sweet light again, Barbie!

7. Lesley says:

Lovely to see you at FMF, Barbie! And I love your post- I relate so much to the craving to feel loved and noticed and that I can make a difference. It’s so important to learn to look to God to satisfy those cravings instead of turning elsewhere.

8. Beautiful post, Barbie! I love this line: I know now that above all else — above love, wanting to be known and wanting to make a difference — all that I really need is Jesus.
    So glad you’re back with us!

9. Mary Hood says:

Barbie, beautiful words. He loves to fill every void. #61.

10. “There is no thing, no one, nor any notoriety that can satisfy my cravings.” Such a good reminder. As you mentioned, we do so much and don’t often get an immediate validation. But truthfully, our ultimate identity is in Jesus who craves us more than we can grasp.

11. Diana says:

Hi, Barbie! I’m here! I’m here! (Gee, where am I getting those words? Hmmm. LOL!)

I understand the need for being loved (especially by God) and wanting to make a difference in people’s lives. I thought I was really close to Him… I mean REALLY close… but in the 3 years since my oldest son died, I have learned sooooo many things about myself and the Lord. And how much He has really filled my heart with new understandings. I will have to blog about that.

Speaking of blogging – haha oh boy – I’m going to give you a different blog URL to visit for my new address because wordpress is problematic. Ugh. Please come visit me over at http://intheheartofkansas.blogspot.com and bookmark that as the correct page! So sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you, friend!

And by the way… I’m one person for whom you’ve made a difference. Your gentle Christian heart and spirit resonate in every word you type. You are a blessing for those who visit you on the internet.

• Barbie says:

Diana! I am so glad that you stopped by. I’ve book marked your new blog. Thank you for your encouragement. That is my one goal with this blog…to be a blessing to all those who visit. Hugs!

12. Gayl says:

Barbie, this is beautiful! I’m so glad you are back with Five Minute Friday! Yay! Be sure that your words do make a difference and are very much needed.

Blessings to you and lots of love! xo